Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    shorten humans life spans. That way they have less of a singular impact on everything, and things have to be thought of in generations.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if trolling or just stupid.

That is THE WORST idea I have ever heard. I would rather shoot myself than live in a world where drugs are mandatory.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

The passage of time should do the trick. Not sure the world has many problems, I think it just sees us and the rest of the stuff on it as an interesting experiment. Eventually it will welcome our sun's loving embrace.

...not sure I'm all that interested in saving or protecting humanity, although a fast-forward button to see how things turn out would be nice.

Also - the thread is about YOU offering 1 thing to save the world, not argue about someone else's idea and why it's good/bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bobo333 View Post
    mandatory mushrooms
    Enforcing something to teach..
    the ability to think independantly
    Err. I can't be the only one that sees a problem with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    For starters, making me eat mushrooms would kill me as I'm allergic, and I'm pretty sure that's not gonna save the planet. Although I could be wrong about that, but I'd rather not risk it as I like my life.

Secondly, religion isn't the problem in the world. The problem is that people are close minded when it comes to their beliefs. You simply cannot ever change a person's mind about their beliefs. Even if you have proof that they are wrong you just won't convince them of it. To "save the world" would require people to be more tolerant and open minded of each other, which just straight out banning religion isn't going to accomplish. My opinion is that in order to save the world you'd have to reprogram every human to accept everything/one for what/who it is, and leave it at that.
    "I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am the protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    Ban every single religion. Solve 99,9% of all problems in this world. Tadaaa!
    Riiiight, because people only fight, murder, starve, steal, and lie for reasons other than religion about .1% of the time. Atheists are automatically the most perfect people on the planet, since they don't have a religion, right? Oh wait, that makes no sense whatsoever.

Most religions bring moral codes that society follows that if it were all suddenly gone, we'd live in a very cutthroat society.

People are just going to be nice just because they don't believe in a diety. They're still going to kill other people and take their stuff. I'd wager that people, on an individual level, would be much, much worse. Religion gets a bad rap in many cases because it's a group thing. People tend to behave very differently in a group than when alone.

I don't know about you, but an "every man for himself" society sounds terrible. And without religion, there would be a lot less community and a lot more self-serving individuality.

Of course, all of this is moot, because telling someone what they can and cannot believe is fucking terrible, and we all know it. Telling someone they can't believe in what they want is as bad as telling someone they must believe in a god. Would you want that? No, of course not. So don't think forcing people to change their beliefs will cause anything but more problems.

Nations that have had religions bans are, historically speaking, really awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Asics View Post
    Inform Muslims, Christians and the Jewish community that all of their gods are one in the same.
    How about inform them that they all just have imaginary friends in in the next step simply forbid all religious bullshit crap.

Its ok for everyone to believe in something but it shouldnt influence politcs and every day life like it does now.

Make everyone embrace differences, instead of reject them.

Remove Religion.

I know it might be a ''touchy'' subject, but in my eyes, all war is caused by religion of some sort. At least today it is.

Deleted
    Anthropocentrism is also a ... religion and its rule is " kill all the original Nature ", so

put all armed forces funding into space exploration and resource control

Quote Originally Posted by Stickybuds View Post
    Dendrek,

Your post strikes me as rather bias :P
    I laughed.

It's unavoidable that it would be biased, but I was actually trying to be as objective as I am able. I know I came across as being very cynical, and perhaps I am, but I can't help observing that even some of the nicest religious people I know are capable of some horrible declarations or actions of intolerance and bigotry and feel fully justified because of their beliefs. If you look beyond the rituals and the niceties within places of worship, and beyond their deep devotion and love for their deities, and look at how they regard others outside of their religion, you can't help but see a lot of hate there. Again, hate is a constant of human nature, but hate when possessed by a religious person is, in my opinion, especially dangerous because to them it is completely and unarguably justified.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Make everyone embrace differences, instead of reject them.
    Some differences have to be rejected. I mean real differences, not the "different tastes" kind of differences. I'm talking about: liberal against totalitarian, equality against discrimination differences. For instance: women position in number of Muslim countries. That difference should just go along with all its supporters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get rid of religion in every way shape and form.

---------- Post added 2012-02-08 at 10:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wizie View Post
    Remove Religion.

I know it might be a ''touchy'' subject, but in my eyes, all war is caused by religion of some sort. At least today it is.
    I actually don't think it's based on religion but religion is used as the scapegoat by the ultra rich to conduct their operations in guise of being for 'the higher power'

Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    Some differences have to be rejected. I mean real differences, not the "different tastes" kind of differences. I'm talking about: liberal against totalitarian, equality against discrimination differences. For instance: women position in number of Muslim countries. That difference should just go along with all its supporters.
    that is correct, it isn't white and black as how I said it.

edit: so many anti-theists in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Yllop View Post
    And what do you think that would achive?
    I have my views on U.S and don't really like how they do things, but i know that it would plunge the whole world into chaos if U.S somehow got nuked.
    I mean if they ceased to exist or went bankrupt, the entire worldeconomy would go down as well.
    That was reply to " Nuke the middle east. Done. " what made no sense at all since middle east didnt start the war, U.S did.
    And in all fairness the U.S is almost bankrupt if not already thanks to its crusades into oil countries. Also worldeconomy is not 90% U.S and then the rest, ye ofcourse it would affect economy alot, but going down and so on, dont think so.

Deleted
    I used to believe in a god with a human book but then I look the Tao in the Nature with my third EYE.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    On War and religion.

Wars are started by individuals or small groups of individuals. Religion may or may not play its part in that (mostly it's greed and macho ambitions), but you have to remember that wars are not fought by those who start them. They are fought by OTHER people. And it takes religion (belief in god/money or patriotism - which is a form of religion too) to make OTHER people fight your war. Without people who are willing to fight for you - there will be NO WARS. That is why religion (all forms) should go. As it is THE tool to make wars happen.
    Last edited by Elim Garak; 2012-02-08 at 10:33 AM. Reason: grammar

a universal language. 1 language for all mankind so we can all communicate and understand each other properly - it'll happen eventually, but it will take hundreds if not thousands of years.

or we all need to be granted telekenetic powers and the power to read minds - superpowers will save us all!
    <insert witty signature here>

Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    a universal language. 1 language for all mankind so we can all communicate and understand each other properly - it'll happen eventually, but it will take hundreds if not thousands of years.

or we all need to be granted telekenetic powers and the power to read minds - superpowers will save us all!
    We should all speak in Latin =o