Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
  1. #161
    The world will survive. No matter what humans do. No matter how much we blow up, this floating ball of iron, oxygen, silicon, magnesium, sulfur, nickel, calcium, and aluminium will survive whatever humans could even hope to prevent, and much, much more. In the end our impact will be entirely insignificant on the planet unless we make some massive discoveries in science, which is unlikely.

    Life on the other hand.. Humans could destroy it given enough time, but it's most likely we will all die off before that, and even if we tried there are things that would be nearly impossible to destroy. We're much more likely to kill ourselves off first and life would adapt and recover.

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    What the hell kind of influence does religion have nowadays? I doubt getting rid of a few extremists would make a difference.
    Can't tell if serious....

    The Quran (A religious document) rules the lives of millions of people in the Middle East. Entire nation's laws and politics are structured on something written hundreds of years ago. All that crap you hear about women being stoned to death for not walking outside with a male in Saudi Arabia? Thank Religion for that.

    The lack of the twin towers in New York? Thank religion.

    The entire list of (American) Republican rhetoric? Thank Christianity.

    The reason Israel and Palestine can't get along? /points_to_religion

    The reason George W. Bush, quite possibly the stupidest man to ever hold public office, got elected TWICE before proceeding to destroy the economy, increase the deficit, destroy the budget, and bomb the fuck out of an innocent country? Thank the Christians. Oh, and also, said bombing the fuck out of an innocent country was supposedly God's work, so, sorry Iraq, God made us do it.

    The reason homosexuals cannot be treated as human beings in the US? Religion.

    The biggest reason African Americans took so damn long to to be freed from slavery in the US? Religion.

    The biggest reason African Americans took so damn long to be given rights and treatment as PEOPLE? Religion.

    The number one cause of hate? Religion.

    The biggest threat to personal freedoms? Religion.

    The biggest reason the US ranks so poorly in Science and Math? Religion says it's the devil.

    See where I'm going with this yet?

    "Without religion there would be good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things, but for a good person to do an evil act, that takes religion." - Whom I should credit escapes me at the moment.

    Theologically speaking, all Gods are one and the same, each religion just views it in a different way.
    No, theologically speaking all the Abrahamic religions (Judaism, Christianity, and Islam(Muslim)) all pray to the same God. Those are only three religions in what is thousands. The Ancient Greeks (And later the Romans, who incoporated the Greek gods into their religion) prayed to different Gods than humans do today. The Buudah was not the Christian-Judeo God, the Hindu pray to different gods than the Abrahamic religions, etc etc. Theologically speaking, not all gods are the same to those that beleive in whatever fallacy they beleive.

    If you haven't figured it out yet, my one step to "save" the world would be to remove religion. It is the largest cause of greed, corruption, war, hatred, and human suffering in the history of the world up to and including to the present day. Billions of humans have been systematically tortured, enslaved, brutalized, and killed in the name of religion.

  3. #163
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    1,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavecryst View Post
    Assuming I have such powers, and that no one has posted this yet... remove the concept of greed.
    Don't think anyone has, but I agree. Money is not the root of all evil, love of it is.

    Cleanse the brain of the "greed gene". If I had to pick a quick one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirgon
    The Quran (A religious document) rules the lives of millions of people in the Middle East. Entire nation's laws and politics are structured on something written hundreds of years ago. All that crap you hear about women being stoned to death for not walking outside with a male in Saudi Arabia? Thank Religion for that.
    Nah, humans fucked that up, Islam was the most tolerant by far of the religions till modern times.

    Quote Originally Posted by dirgon
    The lack of the twin towers in New York? Thank religion.
    Humans interpretation.

    Quote Originally Posted by dirgon
    The entire list of (American) Republican rhetoric? Thank Christianity.
    Conservative belief dislikes change, regardless of religion. Don't confuse Republican with Conservative, they aren't the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by dirgon
    The reason George W. Bush, quite possibly the stupidest man to ever hold public office, got elected TWICE before proceeding to destroy the economy, increase the deficit, destroy the budget, and bomb the fuck out of an innocent country? Thank the Christians. Oh, and also, said bombing the fuck out of an innocent country was supposedly God's work, so, sorry Iraq, God made us do it.
    Your bias is so prevalent that this can't be taken seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by dirgon
    The biggest reason African Americans took so damn long to to be freed from slavery in the US? Religion.
    Status quo.

    Quote Originally Posted by dirgon
    The biggest reason the US ranks so poorly in Science and Math? Religion says it's the devil.
    That would actually be Western Culture, not religion to blame.

    Quote Originally Posted by dirgon
    It is the largest cause of greed, corruption, war, hatred, and human suffering in the history of the world up to and including to the present day.
    Religion is just what they blame it on; greed, corruption, war, and hatred exist perfectly fine on their own. They just get dressed up for the party. It the same way we use terms like "remove with extreme prejudice" for assassinate, someone "passed away" if they die, or politicians accepting "campaign contributions" (bribes). It's to make us sleep better at night.
    Last edited by Todgruppe; 2012-02-14 at 09:17 AM.

  4. #164
    The Lightbringer Calzaeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kopervik, Norway
    Posts
    3,147
    I really don't want to derail this, but Dirgon, you are wrong. Religion itself isn't to blame for those things, it's the SPECIFIC PRACTITIONERS. It seems to me like your fix would be better phrased as "Permanently separate religion from any kind of politics". Then again, I already have my thoughts on religion, and you already have yours. I am *almost* willing to bet money that nothing either of us say will convince the other of anything :P
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    I don't think you're having so much a thought but rather complete mental diarrhea all over the internet and your keyboard and it's not pretty or even logical.

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    You drink my tap water and tell me you don't want to buy bottled water. You'd have to have no taste buds left to not tell the difference.
    use a water filter.
    buy gallons of water (or larger if possible) with those containers that you switch in for new ones, not throw away.

  6. #166
    Isolate the middle east completely and without exception.

  7. #167
    Moderator Remilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    聖ミカエル女子学園
    Posts
    6,619
    I go with BURN THE WORLD.

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    use a water filter.
    buy gallons of water (or larger if possible) with those containers that you switch in for new ones, not throw away.
    I did the math and the water filters, as often as they must be replaced, ends up not being worthwhile.

    I do buy gallon jugs, though, not small bottles.

  9. #169
    How about pressing QuickSave hotkey? Click. The world is Saved!

  10. #170
    The Lightbringer Alceus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wolf's' Den
    Posts
    3,627
    Destroy humanity, Save the World!










    Transparency in everyday politics and economics will save the world. Too much secrecy behind the backs of the masses.

    ---------- Post added 2012-02-15 at 01:17 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Stalemate View Post
    Isolate the middle east completely and without exception.
    Reduce USA influence. If the USA invested more in green energy instead of warfare for oil (yes, it is a resource war)the world would be a better place.

    ---------- Post added 2012-02-15 at 01:21 PM ----------

    Edit: removed religious content out of respect for the OP.
    Last edited by Alceus; 2012-02-15 at 12:26 PM.
    Frostwolf clan is best clan!

  11. #171
    wow... so much bashing against Islam here??? it's a religion of peace, educate yourselves...

  12. #172
    Bloodsail Admiral kliffharry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    1,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Get rid of religion.
    This for sure

  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by kliffharry View Post
    This for sure
    Or make everyone the same religion. Then we have the same effect, plus a book teaching morals. But I take it you wouldn't like this idea.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •