Thread: Um.. Help?

Question Um.. Help?

So um.. yeah got a little problem. Basically 1 hour ago, i made some toast in my toaster, and my friend said she got a electric shock from the bread. And i thought nothing of it, but now my mouse is giving me electric shocks.. but not a shock more constant, doesnt really shock you either just you can feel it tingleling your finger tip. Its hasnt stopped since i noticed it 30mins ago.

i swapped the USB slot aswell to see if that was the problem.

oh yeah to add, i got an electric shock from a butter knife aswell.

Am i electric man like Peter Griffin from Family Guy? ;O
    Last edited by Orclin; 2012-02-08 at 06:20 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tingling fingers usually means heart problems, or lack of circulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Scryers View Post
    Tingling fingers usually means heart problems, or lack or circulation.
    Oh yeah nice answer.............. -.-

In all seriousness tho, it only tingles when i touch my mouse.. other then that it doesnt happen .. iv got 2 pc's so the one im on now has a plastic covered mouse, but my other one is a gaming one with a metal shell. :<

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you touch your case, does it shock you?

If you touch your case, does it shock you?
    What case you mean?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orclin View Post
    What case you mean?
    Your tower. The big metal case that houses your pc components.

I just took a moment to concentrate on my fingers and they felt tingly.

I think this thing is contagious through the internet

touching your PC is a bad idea. Computers dont like static charges
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

Your tower. The big metal case that houses your pc components.
    Yeah yeah, just tried it, but yeah infact it is actually giving the same sensation. I really cant describe it, its like a vibration/tingle sensation on my finger tip. I doesnt hurt, it kinda feels like a phone vibrating but softly, yet it affects your fingers. Hmm.. ?

---------- Post added 2012-02-08 at 06:35 AM ----------

Update, just unplugged my PC for now via wall and power cable. Dont want it to implode or something :/

Grats on your newly acquired super powers

Is it windy where you are today?

Nope, just real real cold and frosty outside.. clear skies ect

It could just be in your head because of what you heard. Do you notice anything unusual about your skin?

You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you by any chance wearing a pair of feety pyjamas to feel what it would be like to be a bear?

Deleted
    static shock from bread trololol They should use bread to transfer electricity then instead of metal cables And that vibration when you touch your case might be the PC fans

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Butter Knife, Toaster and mouse? All metal? I'd get out of your house now.

Seriously, there could be a major problem with the electrical system in your house, go outside and touch a light pole on the street and make sure that it isn't the same. If things completely unrelated in different rooms (but all metal and near electricity) are tingling but plastic stuff isn't then you need to talk to an electrician.

Quote Originally Posted by Orclin View Post
    Oh yeah nice answer.............. -.-

In all seriousness tho, it only tingles when i touch my mouse.. other then that it doesnt happen .. iv got 2 pc's so the one im on now has a plastic covered mouse, but my other one is a gaming one with a metal shell. :<

that is all
    Trust your doubt. Always fight for your beliefs. That is the path beyond thought.

Deleted
    You're just getting static shocks because of the weather. Are you wearing something wooly? Or whats the floor like? Hows the humidity there? A human can contain 3000V before getting 'shocked'. The static is most likely 10000v. (I read that somewhere in my IT book). Why do you think, you should always wear a anti-static wrist thingy when working with computers?

Wiki: "Static electricity refers to the build-up of electric charge on the surface of objects. The static charges remain on an object until they either bleed off to ground or are quickly neutralized by a discharge. Static electricity can be with current (or dynamic) electricity, which can be delivered through wires as a power source.[1] Although charge exchange can happen whenever any two surfaces come into contact and separate, a static charge only remains when at least one of the surfaces has a high resistance to electrical flow (an electrical insulator). The effects of static electricity are familiar to most people because people can feel, hear, and even see the spark as the excess charge is neutralized when brought close to a large electrical conductor (for example, a path to ground), or a region with an excess charge of the opposite polarity (positive or negative). The familiar phenomenon of a static 'shock' is caused by the neutralization of charge."

Jillzz

With great power comes great responsibility my friend.