10+ Year Old Account

Dieing to mobs really fast

SO I play a Marauder and Im noticing that silver mobs from about 2-3lvls below me will pretty much beat me if there are at least 2 of em in that pack. I am using my med packs and have Quinn as my healer. Im using cool downs correctly and being defensive as needed. Does anyone else have this issue. Im a lvl 47 but I have noticed this from the start of lvling.

Silly question I hope, but have you made sure to turn your companions abilities on as you lvl? They keep picking up new and very important skills that are almost always off by defualt. If thats not the issue then I would have to assume its because of outdated gear or very poor attack choices.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

High level silver mobs hit hard? High level normal mobs hit moderately? Multiple high level silver mobs combined with high level normal mobs... do a lot of damage. Pretty straightforward. Use CC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

CC helps. Not sure what kind of cc's a marauder has, but everything has something. On both my sage and my mercenary against two silvers or a gold and some others I find that I pretty much need to cc one until other things are dead.

Deleted
    Malavai Quinn has an ability called Carbonized Stream. Turn that off. It is an eight second channeled CC, during which Quinn can't do anything; he can't do damage, and he can't heal you.

Besides that, try to have your gear up to your level, and if possible try to overlevel NPC's and areas even more. 4-5 levels above is decent, as quests will still be green and give full XP, but NPC's will be much much easier to kill.

For example, the difference between fighting an NPC three levels above you to fighting an NPC four levels above you is huge, and I'm assuming there could be a similar cutoff point for NPC's four levels below you.

Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post
    Use CC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    CC helps. Not sure what kind of cc's a marauder has

Marauder CC works against droids only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Marauders have a harder time leveling indeed, i encounter the same problem that sometimes i have to go grind a lvl or 2 to get past a quest area, eg for Hoth i had to lvl to 40-41 to be able to do the quests (which all became easier when i got Broonmark).. compared to a juggernaut it is harder.. but like Tyrven said, make sure your used companion(s) stay properly geared n stuff.. i gave my 2 main companions orange gear which for me made it easier to keep their gear up to date.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea all my companions abilities are set to how they should be and he is decently geared. I guess ill come back to it when im 2-3 lvls higher

10+ Year Old Account
    Pull with your companion and only aoe when he is almost dead. Yes, strong/elite mobs do a lot of damage, but, uhh, so do you. I agree that soloing 2-man quests is difficult on Sentinel, but what fun would it be otherwise, eh?
    Players will no longer randomly suffer falling damage.

Quote Originally Posted by thebusiness View Post
    SO I play a Marauder and Im noticing that silver mobs from about 2-3lvls below me will pretty much beat me if there are at least 2 of em in that pack. I am using my med packs and have Quinn as my healer. Im using cool downs correctly and being defensive as needed. Does anyone else have this issue. Im a lvl 47 but I have noticed this from the start of lvling.
    In my experience playing with a tank comp with a dps is the best way to go. In fact this is one of the funnest things for me to do, have a dps race with how long my tank comp can survive, and either I run away after he is dead, or kill it off with my def cds then repeat.

Marauder is squishy as hell, and you need to time and manage abilities well to avoid dying. Get Quinn the best available gear, have him in med watch, and use all your cd`s on hard packs. Two silvers hit like a train, and marauders have little or no cc`s. So what I did was pull out Broonmark, and have him agro one of the mobs, and then kill one silver myself while popping all cd`s. Normally I would finish it off with a dead companion, and 30%-ish health. At 50 however - it all changes with som gear, and the class feels more complete. If you want easy leveling, you should have rolled Juggernaut as AC.

Sounds like your gear is outdated. Even 3-4 levels of difference between current level and required level makes a difference with gear.

Deleted
    Marauder/Sentinel is indeed hard to level indeed. I haven't played one myself but i pretty much beat 5 level higher ones on my sniper without much effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started leveling one a few days ago, may switch it to my main and I must agree we take alot of damage. I om only level 20 but it's a world of difference from my jug. One thing I did notice is using cloak of pain on groups with one silver or worse helps alot actually.
    If I weren't insane: I couldn't be so brilliant!

Deleted
    If there is a gold mob or an extremely strong elite one, tank it until you are ~30% hp (or 40% if they have dots just to be safe) and use your Force Camouflage, which should in turn give the aggro to your Companion.

Also running around with Jaesa is good cause she does pretty decent damage just by herself, and can tank with her CDs easily.
    I've now been doing this for as long as I've had Force Camouflage (I'm lvl 44 atm) and have never died unless I pulled a lot of mobs with them.