Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by DoogH View Post
    Please, just stop it. They are two separate teams, completely separate! WoW is the most successful video game of all time. Even if it was the same developers, it wouldn't ruin the game.

    Diablo 3 will be great. Quit living in a world of nostalgia.
    No its not.....The sims is higher than warcraft and some other games i believe. (Just thought i would get that in there,sometimes false accusations need to be corrected like this one)

    OT , chat is ok i guess as long as there aint no similar dirge anal crap and gold sellers in it like wow. Sometimes games feel more alive when you can chat to others and have a laugh.
    Last edited by Bongomadness; 2012-02-09 at 10:34 AM.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    As many are aware b.net 2.0 will not have chat channels Private or Public at release. It took blizzard almost 1 year to impliment a bare bones private chat system for SC2.

    Blizzard has been leading the community on to expect chat channels for release ( a feature that shouldnt even require a community to express the need for regardless)


    Observe the follow Q&A with Jay Wilson Answering a question on chat channels

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_pQkdn0eVw




    Fast forward to 05:00 min in for the question/answer.


    Fan site summit and misleading info, observe the following pic from the fansite summet for d3

    http://www.gamingsur...-battle-net.jpg

    Notice something? Yah, chat lobby. What do we have now? wow style chat that allows you to communicate only with 3 others in game. No private OR public chat.


    Community will suffer in the long run

    This needs to be the focus of debate for the community imo. What is the point of obtaining awesome gear or earning incredable achieves if no one can see your accomplishments without effort. Are we going to be limited to a "search" functionality to see someones hard earned gear? NO, right now we are limited to seeing the accomplishments of others on your friends lists or people you join a game with. Not very epic.

    I have never felt so alone in an online game like I do in D3, thats not the entire truth, SC2 gave me the same feeling before fan outcry brought in chat channels. Right now there is no community in the beta , users join a game, barely say anything and rush to the next boss. I feel like I have been turned into a farmer for blizzards RMAH since blizzard sees communication as evil and is forcing me to do the following,

    Log in ---> Join game ---> item find ---> leave game ---> post item ---> rinse repeat.

    I dont see any communication or any point to the whole magic find grind without a community. Why use that epic Windforce bow you found if no one is even going to know you have it? Diablo 2 chat interface was superior for showing off epic characters.

    Censorship is wrong, let the community decide how they want to play the game

    All I ever hear from blizzard is Chat channels encourage bots and spammers, well the game is rated mature. People can decide if they want to be isolated from ad's, or you can maybe, I dont know... moderate?

    No one is forcing people to join public channels and no one is forcing you to use a private channel, but people are social by nature and without a way to communicate to mass groups of people, this game will become nothing like the game it should/could have been, and the community will not grow without the use of OUTSIDE websites. This going against Blizzard's so called "positive gaming experience."


    You can be happy with Battle.net 2.0 the way it is, or you can voice your opinions/concerns BEFORE the game is shipped. Do you want an online single player game or an online MULTIPLAYER game?


    The ball is in your court, express your concerns and make them known.


    /wave
    It didn't take a year to get chat channels in SC2, what are you smoking?

    Edit: Also people wrote threads like this all the time for SC2. Regardless... the day of that chat channel is dead.

    It was only big in things like SC1 where you had multiple bots, rank system in place, banhammers, W@R o yeah, people like c0ke.

    They made chat channels in SC2 and people barely even used em, just for the fact that bots and such are gone and a thing of the past.

    People don't sit in chat channels anymore like they used to in SC1, that's liek saying you still use AOL Instant Messenger.

    But yeah, already talking about things that will "end" Diablo 3, good one, you made me laugh.
    Last edited by scdogg44; 2012-02-09 at 12:19 PM.


    Do me a favor and don't correct my spelling/grammar. I browse this site with a cell phone. Try harder next time to be an ass.

  3. #23
    We got public chat now.

  4. #24
    Pandaren Monk schippie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Netherlands - Darkspear EU
    Posts
    1,951
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...70?page=11#210

    Originally Posted by bashiok
    Soooooo... hey everyone. How's it going? Good? Weather ok? Great... so, right... You know how sometimes you say something that's stupid and wrong and then people very reasonably get upset and create a lot of threads and discussions and demands with some pretty reasonable reasons for the thing you said wouldn't happen but then it turns out that you're stupid and wrong and the things you said are completely the opposite of what's actually true?

    Yeah. So that happened. Public chat channels will be in Diablo III, barring any catastrophe that requires we remove them, because they're already implemented. In fact they'll be in an upcoming beta patch so you'll get to see and play around with them yourselves.

    I'm not sure I can offer any explanation as to the incorrectness of my statements, except that I believed them to be correct when I made them. I apologize, and I'll strive to not be stupid and wrong in the future.

    More info on the chat feature, and others, to come in the weeks ahead. Thanks for sticking with it, and me.
    Uhmm as i read this i would say we are going to have public chat. Am i missing something or?
    Last edited by schippie; 2012-02-09 at 11:42 PM.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by StixRam View Post
    face it... the new blizzard devs aka WoW devs are ruining the diablo franchise. it's going to be terrible and we all know it, diablo 2 was good and diablo 3 will not even compare to it.
    Diablo 3 is better in every way than Diablo 2. There is so much dumb shit that they fixed. No more having your loot stolen in co-op play, auto partying upon joining game, click someones banner next to waypoint in town and be teleported to them, only able to join games depending on what quest your on etc.

    The new team really did their homework on the franchise and it shows in the beta, its going to be a great game.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by schippie View Post
    Uhmm as i read this i would say we are going to have public chat. Am i missing something or?
    I think this thread was created before Bashiok posted that.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordender View Post
    Diablo 3 is better in every way than Diablo 2. There is so much dumb shit that they fixed. No more having your loot stolen in co-op play, auto partying upon joining game, click someones banner next to waypoint in town and be teleported to them, only able to join games depending on what quest your on etc.

    The new team really did their homework on the franchise and it shows in the beta, its going to be a great game.
    How can you even compare D3 to D2 while is not released yet.

  8. #28
    The Lightbringer Beazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,092
    I love how this whole doomsday thread was destroyed by a blue post a couple of days ago.

    Looks like the haters will need to come up with a new reason why Blizzard is corrupt and how D3 will be a super fail. LoL haters gonna hate.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupin View Post
    How can you even compare D3 to D2 while is not released yet.
    Based on what I've seen from the sample size in beta its already better made in every way than D2. Getting your own loot that other players can't gank is A+, auto-party when joining the game = no more Party PLZ or PP is spammed until someone invites, being able to click someones banner from the town waypoint and teleporting to them = awesome. Teleporting to town with a button from the UI = better than scrolls, shared stashes between 10 chars = awesome, not needing ID scrolls anymore because you can just right click an item to ID it = awesome. Shrines buffing everyone in range = about damn time.

    Your character talks when people leave/join the game by saying minions grow stronger/weaker, You have random conversations with your companions, your char actually talks in story arc's, you can spend talent points with companions. Blizzard does a fantastic job of recapping the events of D1, the few cutscenes we get to see are bad ass. This game is already better in every way than D2 just from the beta alone.

    People are just QQ'ing to QQ for little reason, I know its popular because WoW is declining and its the cool thing to do for that game but this game is going to smash both previous games, the only thing that could ruin this game is if they're not ontop of duping and making sure it doesn't happen on live when it releases.
    Last edited by Lordender; 2012-02-10 at 10:08 PM.

  10. #30
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Under your bridge, stomping your trollz!
    Posts
    2,009
    Quote Originally Posted by Krafmon View Post
    Online single player game, i'll do some co-op but that will be only with friends and i have chat for that or most probably ventrilo to communicate.
    Diablo isn't really an MMO you know...
    This.

    To the OP:

    Diablo has always been a single player game that can go online to play with friends. It is not a Massively Multiplayer Online game because you can only have, I think, 5 total people in one game. Five does not mean massive, sorry to tell you. Sure you can feasibly have millions online playing together, but the fact you can only play with 4 other people in the game kills the MMO idea.

    Quite frankly, private chat channels are fine and all, but public chat channels are a shit idea. You know as well as anyone that played Diablo 2 that a public chat channel just turns into a spam/flame fest and nothing more than that. Pretending otherwise simply shows you don't know what you are talking about.

    Edit: As far as Diablo 3's fatal flaw, if you think it is the lack of chat channels you have not played the Beta. Diablo 3 is a ridiculously dumbed down version of Diablo 2. Sure, it's prettier, but the complete lack of ability to make your character the way you want is the fatal flaw.

    In Diablo 3 you level up and all you get is a new ability if there is one available for your level. Besides that you can rune abilities to change them. The items you are able to use is limited purely on class/lvl.

    In Diablo 2 you level up and you get a skill point to either upgrade an ability or get a new one. You get attribute points so you can specifically build to wear certain items. You aren't locked into what items you can equip based on class, but by attribute points. Want a full plate archer? Stack your strength. Want a decently armored mage, stack your strength. Want a burst caster, stack your int. You don't have any of these options in Diablo 3. That, if anything, is its fatal flaw.

    D3 is the WotLK of the Diablo franchise. Its going to cater to hyper casuals. No thanks.

    ---------- Post added 2012-02-10 at 10:16 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Lordender View Post
    Based on what I've seen from the sample size in beta its already better made in every way than D2. Getting your own loot that other players can't gank is A+, auto-party when joining the game = no more Party PLZ or PP is spammed until someone invites, being able to click someones banner from the town waypoint and teleporting to them = awesome. Teleporting to town with a button from the UI = better than scrolls, shared stashes between 10 chars = awesome, not needing ID scrolls anymore because you can just right click an item to ID it = awesome. Shrines buffing everyone in range = about damn time.

    Your character talks when people leave/join the game by saying minions grow stronger/weaker, You have random conversations with your companions, your char actually talks in story arc's, you can spend talent points with companions. Blizzard does a fantastic job of recapping the events of D1, the few cutscenes we get to see are bad ass. This game is already better in every way than D2 just from the beta alone.

    People are just QQ'ing to QQ for little reason, I know its popular because WoW is declining and its the cool thing to do for that game but this game is going to smash both previous games, the only thing that could ruin this game is if they're not ontop of duping and making sure it doesn't happen on live when it releases.
    You bring up a lot of very good points that I completely agree with. Unfortunately for me the lack of attribute points and a talent tree in D3 has killed it for me. Thank god I am getting it for free or I would not waste my 60 dollars on it.
    Last edited by RAWRF; 2012-02-10 at 10:13 PM.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    Edit: As far as Diablo 3's fatal flaw, if you think it is the lack of chat channels you have not played the Beta. Diablo 3 is a ridiculously dumbed down version of Diablo 2. Sure, it's prettier, but the complete lack of ability to make your character the way you want is the fatal flaw.

    In Diablo 3 you level up and all you get is a new ability if there is one available for your level. Besides that you can rune abilities to change them. The items you are able to use is limited purely on class/lvl.

    In Diablo 2 you level up and you get a skill point to either upgrade an ability or get a new one. You get attribute points so you can specifically build to wear certain items. You aren't locked into what items you can equip based on class, but by attribute points. Want a full plate archer? Stack your strength. Want a decently armored mage, stack your strength. Want a burst caster, stack your int. You don't have any of these options in Diablo 3. That, if anything, is its fatal flaw.
    It may be "casual" in the sense that you don't have to relevel a character every time you want to try something different, but I don't think that makes the game "casual" overall. Clearly the focus is being changed from level a few abilities and spam them over and over, to selecting which 6 spells (plus rune combinations) you think will be most effective at a given time or fight. Provided that using different spells in different scenarios has an actual contribution to whether you succeed or not, which seems likely given the system, I'd say it's much more involved than D2. You'll have to make decisions on what skills you want much more frequently than going to a website before you create your character and then just doing what it says.

    You may have had those options in Diablo 2, but were they ever actually viable? I can't remember exactly, but I've seen many people saying that anything besides min Str and Dex then stacking Vit was foolish. If you're lamenting the fact that you can't design a terrible build for fun, I suppose you have a point. Perhaps you can choose terrible items to wear instead, and take all single target spells to an AoE fight. The smaller selection of gear you are talking about can be resolved to the same level as D2 if they include enough different random item stats. Speculating on the item selection at max level is difficult at this point however.

    Whether the game caters to "casuals" or not is based solely on the difficulty of Hell and Inferno and the rate at which people can gear through them. I would wager that Blizzard created 4 difficulty levels for a very good reason.

    D3 is the WotLK of the Diablo franchise. Its going to cater to hyper casuals. No thanks.
    Pure foolish hyperbole that makes you look like an idiot. Yeah it's very "lucky" that you're getting it for "free" so you can pretend like you're above buying a game for "hyper casuals".
    Last edited by Dacomp89; 2012-02-10 at 10:58 PM.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Corysi View Post
    The only reason D3 is tied to bnet is so you can't pirate it. The actual online gameplay is merely an after thought.
    It may make pirating it more complex and difficult for the pirater to crack, but you can't honestly expect that the game will be "pirate-proof" do you? WoW has private servers, hell SC2 beta's "vs computer" mode got pirated. I'm sure there will be both single player (as in, completely offline) cracks as well as private server cracks for D3.
    ಠ_ಠ

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoticehunter View Post
    It may make pirating it more complex and difficult for the pirater to crack, but you can't honestly expect that the game will be "pirate-proof" do you? WoW has private servers, hell SC2 beta's "vs computer" mode got pirated. I'm sure there will be both single player (as in, completely offline) cracks as well as private server cracks for D3.
    But at least you won't see it on torrent sites on release day. WoW private servers took years to reverse engineer, same will be for Diablo 3. SC2 on the other hand has different architecture than WoW and D3.

  14. #34
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Under your bridge, stomping your trollz!
    Posts
    2,009
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacomp89 View Post
    It may be "casual" in the sense that you don't have to relevel a character every time you want to try something different, but I don't think that makes the game "casual" overall. Clearly the focus is being changed from level a few abilities and spam them over and over, to selecting which 6 spells (plus rune combinations) you think will be most effective at a given time or fight. Provided that using different spells in different scenarios has an actual contribution to whether you succeed or not, which seems likely given the system, I'd say it's much more involved than D2. You'll have to make decisions on what skills you want much more frequently than going to a website before you create your character and then just doing what it says.

    You may have had those options in Diablo 2, but were they ever actually viable? I can't remember exactly, but I've seen many people saying that anything besides min Str and Dex then stacking Vit was foolish. If you're lamenting the fact that you can't design a terrible build for fun, I suppose you have a point. Perhaps you can choose terrible items to wear instead, and take all single target spells to an AoE fight. The smaller selection of gear you are talking about can be resolved to the same level as D2 if they include enough different random item stats. Speculating on the item selection at max level is difficult at this point however.

    Whether the game caters to "casuals" or not is based solely on the difficulty of Hell and Inferno and the rate at which people can gear through them. I would wager that Blizzard created 4 difficulty levels for a very good reason.



    Pure foolish hyperbole that makes you look like an idiot. Yeah it's very "lucky" that you're getting it for "free" so you can pretend like you're above buying a game for "hyper casuals".
    Get off your high horse there kiddo. You want to start throwing around insults I can do the same thing. Unfortunately though your opinions and point of views simply aren't worth the time. The game has been dumbed down in comparison to what D2 was. Yes, I realize that now you can swap skills around and blah blah blah blah blah wrfever. It doesn't matter. The ONLY choice you make as you level is.... uhh..... you don't get to make any actually. The only choices you have in the game is What skill to use, what rune to throw in it, and what gear to equip. All of which can be very easily swapped around every single time you pop a portal up to go back to town. There is no character building in D3 as there was in both D1 and D2. This is incontrovertible fact. Your ability to make an angsty post and call me an idiot doesn't change the facts.

    I played the Diablo franchise from release date up until I started playing WoW. I was excited to hear about D3, and was ecstatic to get the beta. I played the beta and leveled 1-13 in every single class and all my D3 excitement got washed away. Shit, you don't even need to grind dungeons for gear anymore since the blacksmith will make you better shit right there in town. Its a joke in comparison to D2 but it will have its niche crowd. Predominantly people who want a brainless hack and slash to fart around with between raiding with their WoW guilds.

    I will get the game for free and I will play it when I am bored. But that will be about it unless they make some hefty changes. Feel free to reply with another angry post if you feel the need.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    Get off your high horse there kiddo. You want to start throwing around insults I can do the same thing. Unfortunately though your opinions and point of views simply aren't worth the time. The game has been dumbed down in comparison to what D2 was. Yes, I realize that now you can swap skills around and blah blah blah blah blah wrfever. It doesn't matter. The ONLY choice you make as you level is.... uhh..... you don't get to make any actually. The only choices you have in the game is What skill to use, what rune to throw in it, and what gear to equip. All of which can be very easily swapped around every single time you pop a portal up to go back to town. There is no character building in D3 as there was in both D1 and D2. This is incontrovertible fact. Your ability to make an angsty post and call me an idiot doesn't change the facts.

    I played the Diablo franchise from release date up until I started playing WoW. I was excited to hear about D3, and was ecstatic to get the beta. I played the beta and leveled 1-13 in every single class and all my D3 excitement got washed away. Shit, you don't even need to grind dungeons for gear anymore since the blacksmith will make you better shit right there in town. Its a joke in comparison to D2 but it will have its niche crowd. Predominantly people who want a brainless hack and slash to fart around with between raiding with their WoW guilds.

    I will get the game for free and I will play it when I am bored. But that will be about it unless they make some hefty changes. Feel free to reply with another angry post if you feel the need.

    You talk about how D3 will have its niche crowd not realizing that you're just a part of D2's niche crowd and you can't get over the fact that it's not D2 with better graphics. Before you sit down and tell people their opinions are dumb because you feel some sort of way try and sit down and realize that your doing the same shit and looking like the kind of person you're trying to insult

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    Yes, I realize that now you can swap skills around and blah blah blah blah blah wrfever. It doesn't matter. The ONLY choice you make as you level is.... uhh..... you don't get to make any actually.
    You made no choice in Diablo 2. There were only optimal builds and if you did not fulfill them you would not be viable and unable to play the game successfully in Hell difficulty. Having to stop and arbitrarily assign points to stats as you level was very irritating and got old after a while. It was an illusion that the game now simply does for you.

    You can now choose what abilities you want to use, freely, as you level. And all are viable. All are fun. And all change playstyle a bit while still being 100% viable without the need for 10 points in this stat or that stat for this item or that item. You can do it all now, not just one tiny roll with one ability that is unchangeable because of the way you leveled.

    ---------- Post added 2012-02-11 at 02:03 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    Shit, you don't even need to grind dungeons for gear anymore since the blacksmith will make you better shit right there in town. Its a joke in comparison to D2 but it will have its niche crowd.
    I don't think you know anything about the entire game by playing through half of the first act in the first difficulty.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaq62VCcnew
    Nevar 4get Exarch Cyn.
    The Horde and The Alliance haven't changed since Warcraft 2. Pandaren are the first true change to either faction for 12 years.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    Get off your high horse there kiddo. You want to start throwing around insults I can do the same thing. Unfortunately though your opinions and point of views simply aren't worth the time. The game has been dumbed down in comparison to what D2 was. Yes, I realize that now you can swap skills around and blah blah blah blah blah wrfever. It doesn't matter. The ONLY choice you make as you level is.... uhh..... you don't get to make any actually. The only choices you have in the game is What skill to use, what rune to throw in it, and what gear to equip. All of which can be very easily swapped around every single time you pop a portal up to go back to town. There is no character building in D3 as there was in both D1 and D2. This is incontrovertible fact. Your ability to make an angsty post and call me an idiot doesn't change the facts.

    I played the Diablo franchise from release date up until I started playing WoW. I was excited to hear about D3, and was ecstatic to get the beta. I played the beta and leveled 1-13 in every single class and all my D3 excitement got washed away. Shit, you don't even need to grind dungeons for gear anymore since the blacksmith will make you better shit right there in town. Its a joke in comparison to D2 but it will have its niche crowd. Predominantly people who want a brainless hack and slash to fart around with between raiding with their WoW guilds.

    I will get the game for free and I will play it when I am bored. But that will be about it unless they make some hefty changes. Feel free to reply with another angry post if you feel the need.
    Anger? You may have noticed that I addressed your justifiable points quite thoroughly before commenting on your foolish and pointless need for hyperbole. I found it unfortunate that you had to cap off a legitimate post by spewing "WotLK" and "hyper casual" nonsense. If thinking I'm angry helps you to dismiss my points, I suppose there's nothing I can do about that, but don't think that I'm the one of any sort of high horse.

    As I said, it's certainly true that they have altered the style of character development from being set in stone as you level to being more variable as you play. "The only choices you have in the game is what skill to use, what rune to throw in it, and what gear to equip." Oh, I have to do all that? From what you're describing I thought I would just have to put on some gear and spam my right click button. Character building in D2 was going to a website, finding a build, then putting the points where they belong. It was permanent for that character yes, and it made that character unique from a character going a different build, but it was exactly like the thousands of other people copying that exact same build. That is not real character development, it is mindlessly following a template. Don't pretend you had any decision making to do other than "I like Frost Orb" before you even started leveling the character. I know that actively changing around your skills and runes takes more thought than "I like Frost Orb," but more decision making only serves to make the game better.

    It is an inconvertible fact that D3 differs in these respects from D2 and D1, but it doesn't necessarily make D3 inferior and indeed many people think it will make it better. I don't understand your apparently strong desire to have to restart and relevel an entire character just to try out a different ability. If you want a severe and permanent punishment for making a small clicking mistake, hardcore mode is there for that. Having the ability to use a wider range of skills at any one time only serves to give the game more depth. I'm sure you'll find this all out when you start playing.

    Yeah man, you don't even have to grind dungeons in Diablo. They should just remove every single dungeon because you can talk to the blacksmith in town. Oh wait, to level the blacksmith you need gold from running dungeons, and to make the items you need reagents from disenchanting magic items that you get from running dungeons. I also wasn't aware that you'd seen end game items and compared them to the blacksmith items. Did you manage to farm and find all the blacksmith recipes needed at max level? Cause you know, 90% of the best recipes are drops from dungeons. Or wait, were you judging the entire item game on the first 1/3 of Act I normal? Don't be foolish.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by StixRam View Post
    face it... the new blizzard devs aka WoW devs are ruining the diablo franchise. it's going to be terrible and we all know it, diablo 2 was good and diablo 3 will not even compare to it.
    Stop being retard. WoW has its on devs and they made best mmoprg ever.

  19. #39
    Public chat, with a /ignore or ignore list or something. That pretty much clears all of the problems that could come up.

    Some one trolling unnecessarily? /ignore.
    Gold/Item spammers (we all know that at some point, they WILL be there.) /ignore.
    Rude bastards? /ignore.

    Also, the WoW kind of system where if someone is on your ignore list, they wont be able to enter your games. (like in WoW, if someone is on your ignore list, you wont be put in a random with them.)
    Last edited by Aevra; 2012-02-13 at 06:36 AM.

  20. #40
    The Patient Blitzdoctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    213
    This thread should be closed because new info has surfaced rendering this thread misleading for people that haven't read it yet.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •