Thread: Tanks in PvP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadfuert View Post
    You can Tank PvP in this game!??? I wasn't really interested in it but now hearing that might make me rethink my decision not to buy. WoW Tank PvP was pretty bad at some points but when it was good I really enjoyed PvP if this could deliver the same thing then that's great.
    Its true. In WoW you can have hand holding healers which is like an unbreakable combo almost but in SWTOR it is Tank+Healer. In TOR it is almost impossible to outheal raw damage without there being a mitigation component involved. The reason being everyone has decent CC but guard is up all the time so you still have mitigation going on. When you CC in this game no healing is going out since there are few HoTs.

I am playing a tanking spec and have been enjoying it. As long as being utilitarian is your thing as opposed to OMG BIG NUMBERS kind of player I think tanking is a good way to go.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I play a Trooper Vanguard as my main and do very well in PvP. If you like the play style of being a pain in the ass to the other team then you will love playing a tank in PvP in TOR. The Powertech/Vanguard & Juggernaught/Guardian AC's do very well in their tanking specs, the Assasin/Shadow a bit less so well in my opinion.

Last night doing a Void Star warzone I paired up with a healer while on defense and the two of us effectively locked up half of the other team as they tried again and again to kill us. Myself and the healer ended the battle as number 1 and 2 in medals, damage done, healing, protection and objectives for that battle.

I'm a little bias towards the Powertech/Vanguard ;P , but take a look at http://taugrim.com/2012/01/04/guide-...anics-and-pvp/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    This right here. I tank and my wife heals. We go many matches with no deaths. Guard+healer rocks
    It's so ridiculously good it's not even funny. :|