Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Heart of Unliving..

So on my Disc the other day I won Heart of Unliving trinket. After doing some testing I felt really bad. I love the A/AA spec but this trinket don't seem to work off of smite heals. So I pretty much stole this from someone else who could have really used it. Any idea on how to maintain this trink while also smite healing. Keep a renew ticking on the tank or something, maybe?

PoM or Renew when you have 2 seconds left on it

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it proc off of holy nova?

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderbred View Post
    Does it proc off of holy nova?
    It doesn't.... and it sucks frankly!

Deleted
    I was in the same situation. Ended up it giving it to our resto druid, after I found out it didn't proc off attonement.

Deleted
    This makes no sense to me. What kind of content are you doing where you do nothing but smite heal, 5 mans?

I'm a big fan of attonement and it's usually in my top 5 heals (yes, in raids) but if you can get through whatever content you're doing by only smite healing, does it even matter if the trinket procs or not? Just keep it for the harder fights and use DMC:Volcano or something instead

Also, is this trinket capped to proc at most once every second or so like tsunami is after they nerfed it? Havn't been lucky enough to see it drop yet :/

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Heap;15395058]This makes no sense to me. What kind of content are you doing where you do nothing but smite heal, 5 mans?

I'm a big fan of attonement and it's usually in my top 5 heals (yes, in raids) but if you can get through whatever content you're doing by only smite healing, does it even matter if the trinket procs or not? Just keep it for the harder fights and use DMC:Volcano or something instead

Its not that im only casting smite. The buff that procs only lasts 10 sec. A lot can happen in that time so you have to manage it very well to keep the stacks up. and the proc happens on each heal, no icd

Deleted
    So would PoH for example add 5 stacks then, like pre-nerf tsunami?

10+ Year Old Account
    Exacly, witch makes it really good when a lot of raid damage is going out, but not ideal for low damage phases. It is a very good trinket. Just would have been better if I let our paly have it.

Yes, you can use PoH twice and get all 10 stacks, then all you have to do is throw a bubble or a renew before the stacks drop and they stay up.

Deleted
    I smite, i got the trinket.
    U have it easily stacked if it falls off.

Just PoH the group with hunters/locks/unholy dks.
    The pets recieves a heal and we have 3 hunters and one lock in our 10man (not always) so in 1 PoH cast on this group i get 9 stacks right away.

IN 10man healing ur always casting somthing other than a smite, PW:S / PoM / and if needed on like Platform hoping i cast renew on the lowest health and in range target to slowly heal him up while on the move, when u land PoM the tank.

Its easy to keep ur stacks, but like holy. It doesnt proc of Sanc, it doesnt proc on ticks.
    Just PoM on CD and PW:S on Rapture CD and ur more than fine to keep them up. If it happens to fall off PoH the group with most pets, its what i do to pre-stack the trinket for a fight.

On low damage u always can cast a normal cheap heal to refresh it, it heals for slightly less than smite but it add's a stack and its cheap on mana and on low damage phase its not like u lose alot of healing by casting one heal.
    Last edited by mmoc3c8522fde4; 2012-02-08 at 04:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I was sad to learn it doesn't proc from the atonement heals. I will pick one up eventually, but I'm in no rush.
    Last edited by Art3x; 2012-02-08 at 07:12 PM.

I use mine consistently when we can't have a Shaman around. (Windward Heart and Eye of Blazing Power when I have a Mana Tide my way). If all you're doing is smiting, you don't need the regen. You need to be punched in the face.

As DerrHans pointed out, there are quite a few ways to keep uptime on the trinket fairly high.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

its a bit OT, but this is to say how weird that trinket is:

i was doing 5 mans and searing just to speeding up the run, did nothing else then mind sear. At the ends of the fights my HoUwas fully stacked.
    I'll do a video in case, still its weird. Happend during a HoO run.

Quote Originally Posted by DerrHans View Post
    ...we have 3 hunters and one lock in our 10man...
    Eh?

OT:
    You can always keep PoM on the MT off CD, that'll probably do it. Otherwise your penance will be a quickie, a lot of the damage in DS is rather spiky and penance is great to cover that.

Stood in the Fire PromiscuousPenguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gha I haven't seen the damn thing drop once yet...:<

Deleted
    Seen it drop a couple of times in LFR but not on normal.

That said, i've got 29 kills (combined) on alysrazor and domo in FL and never saw a healer trinket drop from any of those either. >_<

Stood in the Fire PromiscuousPenguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heap View Post
    Seen it drop a couple of times in LFR but not on normal.

That said, i've got 29 kills (combined) on alysrazor and domo in FL and never saw a healer trinket drop from any of those either. >_<
    I was luckier during T12 trinket wise, but for this one I haven't even seen it in Lfr..

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so I went and did a LFR last night and had better results. This trinket can be great, It just takes some getting used to. It really does need a longer duration, even just 5 more seconds. On death wing fight there is enough AoE healing going out that its pretty much always at 10 stacks. Going between platforms and getting into position were about the only times it fell off/almost fell off.

But you can shield a fast runner/your tank, refresh Mending, heck even toss a Renew to top someone up as you move. Make use of your instants, turreting isn't all we do.

I am glad you're having a bit better experience with the trinket though.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~