Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    High Overlord Wonderbred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    It's a stereotype for a reason, zaka. Case in point? OP felt the trinket was garbage because you can't maintain it by smiting.

    It's not a prime Discipline trinket by any means (outside of spine) but that's not why.

    And pro priests drop inspiration, let the shaman keep that up, while grabbing SoS and Archangel.
    Thank you, I'm not saying this is a bad trinket. But as a disc priest who loves AA/A, our cheap heal that every class has is HF/Smite does not proc this trinket. Low damage phases where smite spam is very effective you must weave in PoM or renews that are not needed. This is not refering to only raids. I spend alot of my time in game helping the guild get geared up. That means lots of 5mans. A good disc priest with a smart group can run a HoT heroic and never cast more than hf/smite and maybe a few pw:s. So in my opinion this trinket is no good "for me".

  2. #42
    It doesn't proc off of Unleash elements or Earth shield for shaman, either. It's just something we all have to live with

  3. #43
    High Overlord Wonderbred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by Unitos View Post
    It doesn't proc off of Unleash elements or Earth shield for shaman, either. It's just something we all have to live with
    But it does proc off of RT cast,HW,GHW,CH, and HR. Your not gonna be casting UE or ES every 5-10 secs to keep this stacked. I honestly hated this dropped on my priest's night instead of my shaman.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderbred View Post
    But it does proc off of RT cast,HW,GHW,CH, and HR. Your not gonna be casting UE or ES every 5-10 secs to keep this stacked. I honestly hated this dropped on my priest's night instead of my shaman.
    One thing a Shaman will be doing is casting lots of Lightning bolts, possibly for 10+ seconds if it's a regen phase. I have to throw in a Riptide in there in between, even if it's over heals, just to keep the stacks. I would love for it to proc off of UE or ES, but like I said, it's just something we all have to juggle.

  5. #45
    Got mine yesterday and got to try it on madness. I agree that 10 sec is a bit short in some parts of the fight where you generally want to regen some mana but i made a poweraura to track the timer and then PoM was mostly all that was needed to keep it up.

  6. #46
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Heap View Post
    Got mine yesterday and got to try it on madness. I agree that 10 sec is a bit short in some parts of the fight where you generally want to regen some mana but i made a poweraura to track the timer and then PoM was mostly all that was needed to keep it up.
    Same here I have used powa auras for it. Still don't like the 10 seconds /cry.

  7. #47
    This is why it's great to run a 10-man where you shift roles around.

    I won Will of Unbinding because I'm shadow for 3/8 fights, but because I'm also A/AA spec, I can use it for Disc, too.

  8. #48
    I had the same issue back when I recieved mine a couple moths ago and thought it would work with Atonement the same way Tsunami had.
    For fights I go A/AA for I just use PoM on CD, if you don't like tracking that just throw upa Renew every 8 or so secs.

  9. #49
    I don't rly see the problem. I mean I agree that 10 seconds is short but in DS when does anyone every go 10 seconds with taking dmg & you having to Heal? Especially in Heroic Modes etc & If they don't take dmg can just PoM the Tank to keep it up.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderbred View Post
    Thank you, I'm not saying this is a bad trinket. But as a disc priest who loves AA/A, our cheap heal that every class has is HF/Smite does not proc this trinket. Low damage phases where smite spam is very effective you must weave in PoM or renews that are not needed. This is not refering to only raids. I spend alot of my time in game helping the guild get geared up. That means lots of 5mans. A good disc priest with a smart group can run a HoT heroic and never cast more than hf/smite and maybe a few pw:s. So in my opinion this trinket is no good "for me".
    With all due respect, any trinket from DS is overkill for 5 mans. Heck, any gear in general above ilvl 378 is overkill.
    If all you want to do is smite stuff in a 5 man, equip a couple DPS trinkets and stop griping about HotU.

  11. #51
    /agree themos.

    big eyeroll. Gearing for current heroics is complete way before the game's ilvl calculator unlocks them for you.

    How many of you healed Zalandari heroics in 346's? Recall the fights that required 20k HPS with a moderately lazy group? In HoT heroics my HPS bar has never broken 11k, except one or two examples of very horrible play (ie zero interrupts). 11k hps wearing 359 or better. A 5 year old can complete these dungeons with no prior knowledge of the game.

  12. #52
    Spine trinket is easy to stack if it falls off.
    Hunter pets and Lock pets counts for an extra stack.

    Our 10man group consist out of a lock and 2 Hunters sometimes 3 hunters (yea i know)
    1 PoH on that group gives me 8 stacks penance on the tank and theres stack number 9 and 10 and the last tick is extra u could cast PW:S and PoM instead of penance too ofc as long as rapture is off cd.

    I reforge out alot of spirit, trinket gives me around 2.5% haste and 3.5% crit of reforged spirit and still im on my normal 2400 spirit (stacked).
    I have no issues getting 10 stacks, it gives me more haste and crit the passive in aint much compared to the 397 trinkets but it sure helps maintaining enough mana regen with rapture and throughput of my heals.

    I run A/AA as well as easy as it is to maintain ur 5 stack evangelism with Holy Fire its as easy to keep ur 10stacks of the trinket with PW:S and PoM and on Madness cast renew on the lower health targets. These are casts u do normally it doesnt require anything special to keep ur stacks perhaps a renew on madness.

    Sig made by Resentful

  13. #53
    Considering this procs from power word: shield then using pom off CD and using up every rapture, you should have no problem with keeping this up.

    1 GCD each for these 2 spells (POM/Rapture proc) is well worth it even if you are not using other healing spells. You will be managing your mana properly as you should do anyway. And PoM is just omnomnom.

    shield/pom/penance/HF/Smite is probably the most lazy/simple rotation for a healing spec anyways if you can afford to. Target of target macros for HF + smite and I dont have to change target from the tank xD not to mention it means PoM gcd, penance cast and HF cast all benefit from borrowed time.

    Atm I am progressing on madness heroic and for most of phase 1 this is exactly what I'm doing anyway except for when I use PS and barrier ^^ The resto shaman and holy paladin pretty much have the healing down w/o me till platform 4 bolt incoming.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •