1. #1

    2200 rating Destro/Disc?

    So, I just got to 2k rating in 2v2 with a Discipline priest as Destruction and was wondering if 2200 was possible. I can't say it's been easy but it sure is fun. The comp relies on heavy CC and a finishing execution with the Priest going all out with Mind Spike to finish the job. Till now we've only won 4 matches (out of ) with the help of Mana Burn spam The rest of the wins have been acquired through periods of mass control lasting up to 50 seconds when the enemies have used up their trinkets such as:

    Fear, Fear, Whiplash knock-back interrupt on casting healer, pet switch to Felhunter and blank Spell Lock, Shadowfury stun interrupt on casting healer, Mind Control, Mind Control, Death Coil, Fear, Spell Lock Blank CS, Fear, Arcane Torrent interrupt on casting healer, Resummon Felhunter for Spell Lock and Lock out on healer.
    This was against a rogue which had nothing other than Vanish and a discipline Priest who only had his anti interrupt, which was useless seeing as I managed to prevent his casts through Fear and Whiplash.

    Until now we've lost against the following teams:
    Feral/Disc (the hardest)
    Ret/Rogue
    Rogue/Mage
    Unholy/Ret

    Our ratio is 39 wins and 8 losses. Will 2200 be possible? Or will we encounter tons of Disc/Ferals, which seem impossible to beat since you can't escape a mana burn when stunned and DPS burned

  2. #2
    you can do it, it wont be easy but you can, 2s are horrible unbalanced and you might fight some teams that just hard counter you 100% but youll fight teams that wont be able to touch you aswell.
    intel 4770k @ 4.8ghz 1.25v / evga 780ti x1, evga 780ti classified(inc soon) evga titan 2x sli @ 1202mhz/3251 / asus maximus vi hero / evga supernova 1000w g2 / 2x samsung 840 pro 512gb ssd/ hit me up on overclock.net and see my full rig - http://www.overclock.net/u/318704/szeged i have a gpu addiction

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorehowl View Post
    you can do it, it wont be easy but you can, 2s are horrible unbalanced and you might fight some teams that just hard counter you 100% but youll fight teams that wont be able to touch you aswell.
    Yeah I know what you mean. It's impossible to beat a goodd Feral/Disc for example simply because you can in no way (unless trinket) escape a Mana Burn when your healer gets Bashed while you're cycloned and your pet is feared if the Feral is swift enough to Cyclone as soon as Feral Swiftness procs.
    On the other hand, comps that rely on buffs/debuffs are pretty much win.

  4. #4
    Well, just got peeled by Feral/Disc again when above 2k. Even though I interrupt the disc's Mana Burn with Shadowfury, Spell Lock, Death Coil, Arcane Torrent, Whiplash, Howl of Terror and Fear, he still manages to burn my Priest in the end if we get chain cced with: Bash Priest, Fear Pet, Cyclone warlock.


    Any suggestions? Would really like to get to 2k2 with this comp.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    Well, just got peeled by Feral/Disc again when above 2k. Even though I interrupt the disc's Mana Burn with Shadowfury, Spell Lock, Death Coil, Arcane Torrent, Whiplash, Howl of Terror and Fear, he still manages to burn my Priest in the end if we get chain cced with: Bash Priest, Fear Pet, Cyclone warlock.


    Any suggestions? Would really like to get to 2k2 with this comp.
    Most people won't be be able to help you really as you are playing Lock/Disc, not a popular comp in the first place, and then playing it as Destro, not a popular spec. People won't have experience with this comp really. Only suggestion I can give is to try and queue dodge the Feral/Disc or counter comps which are on your server.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    Well, just got peeled by Feral/Disc again when above 2k. Even though I interrupt the disc's Mana Burn with Shadowfury, Spell Lock, Death Coil, Arcane Torrent, Whiplash, Howl of Terror and Fear, he still manages to burn my Priest in the end if we get chain cced with: Bash Priest, Fear Pet, Cyclone warlock.


    Any suggestions? Would really like to get to 2k2 with this comp.
    Have you tried going hard on the feral? If you can manage that then the Priest shouldnt have much time to mana burn, and the ferals damage will drop. Instead of using all that CC defensively to counter mana burn, have you tried using them offensively to get a kill on the Feral? have your Priest dispel the Predator's Swiftness like a boss and pillar the hardcasted cyclones. If you get the feral into bear he should have an easy time to get you back up. You guys should have the positioning advantage, so try to get the feral in a bad spot (compared to his healers positioning or otherwise) and go hard on him. You're forced into a fast fight because the dispelling on the feral will likely take a lot of mana.

    No idea if this works, face it you're at a disadvantage in 2v2 against a comp like that but focusing the druid hard should fix the cyclone/mana burn issue. Maybe. : p
    El Psy Congroo

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanggaxx View Post
    Have you tried going hard on the feral? If you can manage that then the Priest shouldnt have much time to mana burn, and the ferals damage will drop. Instead of using all that CC defensively to counter mana burn, have you tried using them offensively to get a kill on the Feral? have your Priest dispel the Predator's Swiftness like a boss and pillar the hardcasted cyclones. If you get the feral into bear he should have an easy time to get you back up. You guys should have the positioning advantage, so try to get the feral in a bad spot (compared to his healers positioning or otherwise) and go hard on him. You're forced into a fast fight because the dispelling on the feral will likely take a lot of mana.

    No idea if this works, face it you're at a disadvantage in 2v2 against a comp like that but focusing the druid hard should fix the cyclone/mana burn issue. Maybe. : p
    Well, whenever we get to burst down the feral while the priest is chain cced, the following happens:
    Regen/Survvival Instincts/Bash Warlock

    I've tried what you've said but matches against this comp end up 20 mins long. We always manage to dispel Predator's Swiftness and Pillar Hump Cyclones, but we can't keep it up 24/7. Especially when the druid does a Feral Charge as Bear.

    In addition to that, 20 seconds of bursting the feral is never enough. If he's in a pickle and reacts quickly he will most likely cyclone before we get to dispel PS. And let's not forget the: Immolate, Dispel! Immolate, Dispel! Immolate, Dispel!

    And let's face it, Dispel doesn't make you go oom .
    I think I'll Fraps a game vs the comp when I get the chance and remember to.

    You give really great advice, and I bet that you're great in arena, but between interrupting burns, ccing healer, assisting partner when burst, killing the feral, trying to burn the priest, preventing cyclones and kiting Priest fears it just seems hopeless. I dunno, was wondering for a secret whosyourdaddy technique or something. Stupid right? x)
    Last edited by Phoenexis; 2012-02-13 at 04:13 PM.

  8. #8
    go hard on the feral and switch off immediately when he starts going full defensive, if hes stupid hell switch back to cat to start damage again then you can burst him down again.

    also are you using imp succubus or hound vs priest feral?
    intel 4770k @ 4.8ghz 1.25v / evga 780ti x1, evga 780ti classified(inc soon) evga titan 2x sli @ 1202mhz/3251 / asus maximus vi hero / evga supernova 1000w g2 / 2x samsung 840 pro 512gb ssd/ hit me up on overclock.net and see my full rig - http://www.overclock.net/u/318704/szeged i have a gpu addiction

  9. #9
    If you do it, i will give you some major props. Unless you happen to play only at times where you face low rating people and get +1 all the way to 2200. The problem is dks and feral run wild in the 2k+ 2s bracket and destro has a really hard time to keep pressure going for long enough to kill someone. thats just imo.

  10. #10
    Well the comp relies on massive CC. As soon as CC breaks you can forget about it. Going on the priest is impossible since he'll spam dispel. As I've previously said, we can get up to 50 seconds of CC against some comps.

    As for pets, I use the Hound and the succubus. I pet twist A LOT depending on the situation. Never use imp.

  11. #11
    try using the imp for one of your fights if you have the improved imp spec avail, maybe the increased damage will be what you need to get the win.
    intel 4770k @ 4.8ghz 1.25v / evga 780ti x1, evga 780ti classified(inc soon) evga titan 2x sli @ 1202mhz/3251 / asus maximus vi hero / evga supernova 1000w g2 / 2x samsung 840 pro 512gb ssd/ hit me up on overclock.net and see my full rig - http://www.overclock.net/u/318704/szeged i have a gpu addiction

  12. #12
    Well I don't run Imp spec, I really don't like to. (Yes I'm very stubborn ^^). But I don't think Burst is the solution, I've never seen a Destro lock kill a healer through burst Not in cata...

  13. #13
    it might be worth a shot to try it once though :P it could be what you need. I used to only run with a succubus, decided to try an imp and the damage is just so much higher.
    intel 4770k @ 4.8ghz 1.25v / evga 780ti x1, evga 780ti classified(inc soon) evga titan 2x sli @ 1202mhz/3251 / asus maximus vi hero / evga supernova 1000w g2 / 2x samsung 840 pro 512gb ssd/ hit me up on overclock.net and see my full rig - http://www.overclock.net/u/318704/szeged i have a gpu addiction

  14. #14
    Ok so I concluded that Imp spec is useless in 2v2 with a disc priests Not enough control, damage gain simply isn't worth it and I'm too prone to dispels. It actually turned out to be worse against Feral/Disc. I'm all the way down to 1906 now... Yep, from 2003 to 1906...

  15. #15
    Dreadlord kushlol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    927
    Don't really see you even getting close to landing a kill against a half decent feral priest. The feral can cc both you and your priest at the same time if needed he's got tons of cd's and the priest is just going to be mashing dispel both offensively and defensively. They can just tunnel your priest with offensive dispels and ignore you for the most part when your not in a fear,clone or rooted out of los of your priest. Ring of valor spells auto loss as well as your priest will be mana burned to nothing in the 1st 2 minutes.

    Made by dubbelbasse

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    Don't really see you even getting close to landing a kill against a half decent feral priest. The feral can cc both you and your priest at the same time if needed he's got tons of cd's and the priest is just going to be mashing dispel both offensively and defensively. They can just tunnel your priest with offensive dispels and ignore you for the most part when your not in a fear,clone or rooted out of los of your priest. Ring of valor spells auto loss as well as your priest will be mana burned to nothing in the 1st 2 minutes.
    I was thinking the exact. same. thing. It's impossible to win in ring of valor seeing as the priest can barely ever pillar hump, and there's no escaping from the "cyclone warlock, stun priest, fear pet and burn" trick.

    I mean I really try my best and attempt to play defensively and wait until they trinket and start a chain CC, but it's impossible when every time the Feral is about to die and goes all defensive. By the time I'm able to do another chain CC the Feral has all his cooldowns and the cycle repeats itself until my healer runs oom.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •