Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    GW1s water and sunbeams still easily trump wow imo. And it's got better environmental detail, yet still manages to run better. Very well made for the time.

Everyone's seen how beautiful GW2 is, and so many people overreacted to those shots on guru. Rly sad tbh. I think most of them have hyped themselves to the point where they're going to be somehow disappointed, no matter how amazing it is.
    Yup, right now there complaining how there is no player 2 player trading.

GW1s water and sunbeams still easily trump wow imo. And it's got better environmental detail, yet still manages to run better. Very well made for the time.

Everyone's seen how beautiful GW2 is, and so many people overreacted to those shots on guru. Rly sad tbh. I think most of them have hyped themselves to the point where they're going to be somehow disappointed, no matter how amazing it is.
    So much truth in your last sentence. I've been excited for this since they announced it but while I am definitely giving in to the hype, I have nothing but the best expectations that they'll pull it off. A lot of my friends have that "Well it'll still fall short or the cash shop will sell power, etc" mentality but hey.. Nothing I can say to talk em out of it, I suppose. I tried at least, though.

---------- Post added 2012-02-08 at 11:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    Yup, right now there complaining how there is no player 2 player trading.
    There's no *target player*. *Open trade* thing? Do you have a source that that will be permanent or is that just because at the stage of the game currently there's no need for the beta testers to trade? I doubt they wouldn't include something so simple as player to player trading.

Come on guys, this is Anet we are talking about, they are not going to show us amazing screenshots/videos and then "do a SWTOR" and remove the max graphic settings!

Quote Originally Posted by Mkalafut View Post

There's no *target player*. *Open trade* thing? Do you have a source that that will be permanent or is that just because at the stage of the game currently there's no need for the beta testers to trade? I doubt they wouldn't include something so simple as player to player trading.
    There wont be player to player trade, instead you mail to the player. The mail is on the user interface so you can do it anywhere you want.

I like this method better tbh.

There wont be player to player trade, instead you mail to the player. The mail is on the user interface so you can do it anywhere you want.

I like this method better tbh.
    Actually yeah I do remember seeing that. And now that you put it like that, in a way I didn't really notice before, that's perfect actually. I like that idea better too

Actually yeah I do remember seeing that. And now that you put it like that, in a way I didn't really notice before, that's perfect actually. I like that idea better too
    Yeah, The coolest thing is that when you send mail to another player you will see a bird take your message to the player.

Must say I absolutely love that feature such an elegant solution.

Yeah, The coolest thing is that when you send mail to another player you will see a bird take your message to the player.
    That is... awesome. A carrier pigeon!

Must say I absolutely love that feature such an elegant solution.
    Agreed!!

@Rivehn: That's freakin awesome. ! And yeah I just remembered watching a video where I noticed the mail was just there on the UI and available whenever. That's amazing.

---------- Post added 2012-02-09 at 12:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Champion View Post
    Omg yes! ^_^ lol It's going to be great, right?

however, i rather have an owl

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    New to the NCSoft store: different birds to carry your message! XD

Shop feature maybe?

Shop feature maybe?
    Oh and it SO will get bought!

---------- Post added 2012-02-09 at 01:15 AM ----------

New to the NCSoft store: different birds to carry your message! XD
    We can only hope

Oh and it SO will get bought!

---------- Post added 2012-02-09 at 01:15 AM ----------

We can only hope
    Something like that would definitely be cool, but I think there's a point where the in game store becomes a bit "too much" and although the idea sounds pretty cool, I think if something that arbitrary would be included in the store it would have reached that "too much" point.

Edit: Veering a bit off topic though. Does anyone have a link to the screeshots that the OP is referring to?

Something like that would definitely be cool, but I think there's a point where the in game store becomes a bit "too much" and although the idea sounds pretty cool, I think if something that arbitrary would be included in the store it would have reached that "too much" point.

Edit: Veering a bit off topic though. Does anyone have a link to the screeshots that the OP is referring to?
    The more they have in that store, the more money they will make, i for one will buy most of the stuff in it for sure Gief ze Owl! and yes going off topic, sry.

Honestly, those look pretty horrible, even for low settings.

Herald of the Titans Mighty Blue Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernling306 View Post
    Honestly, those look pretty horrible, even for low settings.
    Rofl@this comment. Those look better than any other ragtag MMO out there right now.

So where are the screenshots...?

Those pics look awesome! Now my only concern is will it run well in large scale pvp battles. One of the huge turn offs for me about ToR was that it ran fine while doing solo quests and running instances. But even if my spec were better than enough, Ilum was still unplayable to the point where my FPS would sometimes go all the way down to 2-3. Anyone know anything about the engine Anet is using for GW2?