Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkalafut View Post
    How can you really say that considering what we have on the market today?

---------- Post added 2012-02-09 at 02:06 AM ----------

The screenshots are on low settings to show what the game looks like even on low settings for people who don't have top end PCs. Console port from 4 years ago? What MMO on the market today looks better on low settings? I'd love to know.
    It's hard for me to judge it honestly, considering I would probably think every game looks like crap with low settings. I don't really compare it to other mmos, more of what I would want. The plastic look of the character was the first thing to jump out at me... honestly I shouldn't judge low settings because I will not play at that setting.
    I know the game looks great at higher settings, so no insult to the game itself.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Okay i just go ahead and say this again, go to this link http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_2 and scroll down to "Game engine" and read and also take a look at this, http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/941/gw2chart.jpg this one is all guesses but should give a little insight how well your computer will handle things

Basically, if you have a computer with dx11 gear your going to be more then fine, and even if you dont have it you going to be fine
    My computer can run WoW on High/Ultra settings fine but it has an Nvidia Gforce 9500GT I'm really surprised to hear it can't run Guild Wars 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Fernling306 View Post
    It's hard for me to judge it honestly, considering I would probably think every game looks like crap with low settings. I don't really compare it to other mmos, more of what I would want. The plastic look of the character was the first thing to jump out at me... honestly I shouldn't judge low settings because I will not play at that setting.
    I know the game looks great at higher settings, so no insult to the game itself.
    I fully understand and I meant no personal attack. I was just trying to understand your thought process. I do agree that even on high settings the humans look a little "plastic". That's why I'm rolling Charr ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Well I'd like to try GW2, but I doubt that my computer would be able to handle graphics like that. Buu huu ; _ ;
    As Daimonddust posted earlier http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_2
    Scroll to engine.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umbra_Software
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occlusi...lusion_culling

You may be able to run it. They've tested it on graphics cards that are so old they had to get them on ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazajin View Post
    My computer can run WoW on High/Ultra settings fine but it has an Nvidia Gforce 9500GT I'm really surprised to hear it can't run Guild Wars 2.
    Don't trust that chart too much. It's got no official backing. If you can run wow on high/ultra you almost certainly can play GW2.
    Last edited by Squirrelbanes; 2012-02-09 at 02:15 AM.
    I'm going to cry like a little baby when Logan and Rytlock reconcile and have a glorious man-hug

There are sub-$100 cards on that list that can run the game on ultra. It's a non-issue.

Take that chart with a grain of salt though, I'd wait for the specs to come out before judging that. Also a 460 gtx goes for like 100 $ now a days.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    Yeah, The coolest thing is that when you send mail to another player you will see a bird take your message to the player.
    Wait, what if you enclose a two handed sword or something in the mail? A two pound bird can't carry a 10 pound sword. It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of weight ratios!

Maybe if it is an african pigeon...

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    Wait, what if you enclose a two handed sword or something in the mail? A two pound bird can't carry a 10 pound sword. It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of weight ratios!

Lolz But African pigeons are non-migratory...or two together...would have to have it on a line though
    Anyway...it's a magic pigeon. Just like your inventory
    I'm going to cry like a little baby when Logan and Rytlock reconcile and have a glorious man-hug

GW2 looks better on low than WoW does on ultra. It's not surprising at all that a game finishing production in 2012 is going to be more demanding on hardware than one made 8 years prior. I dont understand why people that use crappy ancient hardware think theyre entitled to high end graphics. You pay to play. They make "ULTRA" graphics settings for people who can run it at those settings. The GW2 team has done a great job of making their low settings look very good as well all things considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post

They probably just send you a letter to pick up your package at the post office!
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

So there was screen shots released last week and a lot of people were upset about the quality of the graphics. Well here is a confirmation that it was indeed on low settings.

http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/gw2-...features-data/
    Considering the difference between those and former screenshots, were people really that idiot to think they were final ??
    The amount of useless forum noise is over the top since SWTOR release. What happened ? Some secret scientist released a mind numbling gas over the whole US or what ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kourvith View Post
    Considering the difference between those and former screenshots, were people really that idiot to think they were final ??
    The amount of useless forum noise is over the top since SWTOR release. What happened ? Some secret scientist released a mind numbling gas over the whole US or what ?
    That.....and Bioware reduced the graphics settings of SWTOR before release Guess it spooked a few people.

Yeah, The coolest thing is that when you send mail to another player you will see a bird take your message to the player.
    Wow, are you serious? Thats just frikken awesome in itself LOL.

As for those screenies , geezus if thats low, then Ultra is going to be HAWT!

Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    GW2 looks better on low than WoW does on ultra. It's not surprising at all that a game finishing production in 2012 is going to be more demanding on hardware than one made 8 years prior. I dont understand why people that use crappy ancient hardware think theyre entitled to high end graphics. You pay to play. They make "ULTRA" graphics settings for people who can run it at those settings. The GW2 team has done a great job of making their low settings look very good as well all things considered.
    It's more the concern whether I'll be able to run it at all rather than on low setting.

It's more the concern whether I'll be able to run it at all rather than on low setting.
    Why don't you post your specs and we can try to predict whether your system is good enough. That might put you at ease until the official requirements are released.

My mistake, I read it as "My rig can play WoW on ultra, why cant it play GW2 on ultra too?"

Sorry if I jumped down your throat there. More than likely your rig should be fine for the minimum specs. Anet has really put a lot of efforts into replicating the success that WoW has found in making their game compatible with even the most dated of hardware.

I like it how it looks like we will be 'forced' (not bashing on it, really) to use the camera that close to our character. On wow and many other MMOs, I'm used to play an ant. Looks nice too!
    - wyrd bið ful aræd -

I know many that couldn't when they should because they didn't want when they could.

Quote Originally Posted by jotad4 View Post
    I like it how it looks like we will be 'forced' (not bashing on it, really) to use the camera that close to our character. On wow and many other MMOs, I'm used to play an ant. Looks nice too!
    Just curious, but what made you assume that you won't be able to zoom out very far from your character? I know for a fact that you can zoom out pretty far in GW2 as I tested it when I played at Eurogamer. I can't give exact comparisons as it was months ago now, but I know you could zoom out further than in SWTOR as I played them both in close succession on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by jotad4 View Post
    We wount be forced to play with the camera close at all, theres a slider in the settings menu were you can set how far away you want it

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    We wount be forced to play with the camera close at all, theres a slider in the settings menu were you can set how far away you want it
    I take it back then. Back to the 'ol pathetic way of seeing your character.
    inb4 you don't have to do it if you don't want to
    - wyrd bið ful aræd -

I know many that couldn't when they should because they didn't want when they could.