Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Am I the only one who has found no screenshots whatsoever in any of the links shared in this thread?
    - wyrd bið ful aræd -

I know many that couldn't when they should because they didn't want when they could.

The problem with those screenshots is.... that armor is SUPER UGLY.

OMG NO. DO NOT WANT

Quote Originally Posted by Supajayare View Post
    Those pics look awesome! Now my only concern is will it run well in large scale pvp battles. One of the huge turn offs for me about ToR was that it ran fine while doing solo quests and running instances. But even if my spec were better than enough, Ilum was still unplayable to the point where my FPS would sometimes go all the way down to 2-3. Anyone know anything about the engine Anet is using for GW2?
    http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_2 scroll down to game engine

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The problem with those screenshots is.... that armor is SUPER UGLY.

OMG NO. DO NOT WANT
    I think they're targeted at a somewhat different segment of the population than yourself

ummm...pixels. Drool. Et cetera Et cetera...
    I'm going to cry like a little baby when Logan and Rytlock reconcile and have a glorious man-hug

Also i like to bring up that the screenshot could have been taken when they were showing the demo to the asian crowd. I know they they made armors just for them for the demo.
    Last edited by Rivehn; 2012-02-09 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    Also i like to bring up that the screenshot could have been taken when they were showing the demo to the asian crowd. I know they they made armors just for them for the demo.
    The character is Caucasian, so don't think so. It's just a skimpy scholar outfit.
    I'm going to cry like a little baby when Logan and Rytlock reconcile and have a glorious man-hug

It looks like a GW Elementalist armor, not sure what the big deal is about it

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    The character is Caucasian, so don't think so. It's just a skimpy scholar outfit.
    Skimpy is always good.

Doesn't really look that awesome.
    Was expecting better graphics judging from the screenshots.
    Maybe if you compare with wow or swtor they look really good.

Aoc and Rift still has better graphics it seems.
    Last edited by Tippable; 2012-02-09 at 01:51 AM.

Ugh, the graphics look terrible. They look like their from a console port 4 years ago. It's pissing me off on how companies reduce their graphic quality just so people with prebuilt dell's or w/e can play the game. Now a days, building a decent mid-range PC Is so cheap and easy to do.

I wonder what it is about MMOs that causes everyone to completely lose the ability to manage expectations. Is the genre or the fanbase?

---------- Post added 2012-02-09 at 01:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Ugh, the graphics look terrible. It's pissing me off on how companies reduce their graphic quality just so people with prebuilt dell's or w/e can play the game.
    Now a days, building a decent mid-range PC Is so cheap and easy to do.
    Requires specs are one of the main reasons PC gaming was second class until very recently. Accessibility trumps performance for a lot of people to the point where it shouldn't be an afterthought.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippable View Post
    Doesn't really look that awesome.
    Was expecting better graphics judging from the screenshots.
    Maybe if you compare with wow or swtor they look really good.

Aoc and Rift still has better graphics it seems.
    Read the whole thread It's because they're low settings shots. if you look at some of the higher resolution shots, you'll see that the graphics are much better than AoC and Rift.

*** This game is not SWTOR. Anet have not reduced the graphics capabilities of the game. These shots were taken on low settings. GW2's game engine is much better than that used by Bioware. Look up Umbra and you'll see why. It only renders what you can see...and greatly increases performance.
    Last edited by Squirrelbanes; 2012-02-09 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Read the whole thread It's because they're low settings shots. if you look at some of the higher resolution shots, you'll see that the graphics are much better than AoC and Rift.
    Maybe better than Rift but they will have a tough time beating out AoC on max resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Maybe better than Rift but they will have a tough time beating out AoC on max resolution.
    Man, I really wish that AoC was actually good.

Man, I really wish that AoC was actually good.
    Offtopic but to each their own, I really like AoC.

AOC looked good on release and that recent engine overhaul was kinda impressive when I went back for a bit. Game was plagued by bugs/inconsistencies but I like it as well. Incredible tanking mechanics.

By comparison, I'd say GW2 low settings are pretty darn good. Rift looks great... at ultra. But at low quality you can't even tell what you look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Fernling306 View Post
    Honestly, those look pretty horrible, even for low settings.
    How can you really say that considering what we have on the market today?

---------- Post added 2012-02-09 at 02:06 AM ----------

Ugh, the graphics look terrible. They look like their from a console port 4 years ago. It's pissing me off on how companies reduce their graphic quality just so people with prebuilt dell's or w/e can play the game. Now a days, building a decent mid-range PC Is so cheap and easy to do.
    The screenshots are on low settings to show what the game looks like even on low settings for people who don't have top end PCs. Console port from 4 years ago? What MMO on the market today looks better on low settings? I'd love to know.

AoC certainly doesn't look bad at all. But the high res graphics we've seen of GW2 does look better. We saw some high res models recently that will be in the game. They look a bit better than what's in conan.
    Still, it's very hard to judge a game that's not released yet. Anet have an amazing art team though.
    I'd say it would be hard for it not to be better

- and yh, i've just gone back and compared some high res shots from conan and GW2. GW2 is definitely quite a bit better. We'll see what happens in game.
    Last edited by Squirrelbanes; 2012-02-09 at 02:10 AM.

Well I'd like to try GW2, but I doubt that my computer would be able to handle graphics like that. Buu huu ; _ ;
    You now stand before the Countess.
    A story of Firsts from around the world:
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com/

Personally i love Guild Wars 2 Graphics, The art is just beautiful and is what made me want to play this game the most.