Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

microsoft " refusing " to recover my achievement for windows gamer

If i did or didn't mention it my laptop was stolen last years and i was piss and ahhhhhhhhhhhh so now i ran into another problem you see the games that i installed and that i must use the microsoft windows for games feature to save games and recover my achievement

so i call them last night and i got a call center " oh the joy " and after explaining to an idiot who work in this depart that offer support for the windows games i ask for a supervisor and when this person came on and wasting my 30 min i was inform that there was no way to recover them even thought i was supply them with an old e-mail from my ISP that was part of the account so now i was " force " to start the whole process all over again

thank you microsoft for screwing not only the xbox 360 owner but the pc gamer as well

Unlucky, but not really much to discuss? Pester them more until they decide to give it you might work.

Deleted
    Last year my laptop was stolen, now I want all my achievements and save games back by installing the games to another windows device and to my surprise, they are not there.

So I called customer support last night and for some reason am surprised this is handled by a call center, after explaining my situation I get told that my save games can't be recovered because they were on the laptop itself and was a fool to actualy expect my save files to be on the internet somewhere. My achievements are still on my live account (Is it required to have one to play Microsoft games/ gain Microsoft achievements on a PC?)

Did I get the gist of it?

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    yup !

and is disgusting because i was at the last chapter of GTA 4 and i never finish it...............why? well i start play EFLC at the same time so i was playing more until i beat it and them i when back to GTA 4

also STEAM screw me because they also lost all my achievement for Mafia 2 and they denied me for installing just cause 2 and fallout vegas because they are both activated on my laptop that was stolen and i still waiting for a response from there technical support
    Last edited by WNYIRISHGUY; 2012-02-08 at 06:23 PM.

Let me try to understand the problem here.

-You had a laptop that was stolen.

-you had games saved to your hard drive on the stolen laptop.

-you want Microsoft to make your saved games to your hard drive to magically appear on your new PC.

Unless the game/games are made by Microsoft they will almost have absolutely no feature for this. Email addresses are not attached to PCs. If Microsoft offered a web based PC back up and you used it to save everything then you would have a valid argument. Very few games offer saved game feature over the internet. I was quite shocked the first time I seen it on Starcraft 2. However, now that I know about that feature in starcraft 2 I won't call Microsoft with a lost save feature I would call blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    What? Steam should let you install the game as long as it's bound to your account.

Also, it's not the company's responsibility to store your saved games for you.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

I feel sorry for any and every support representative in a call center you've ever spoken with. I really do.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291 View Post
    I feel sorry for any and every support representative in a call center you've ever spoken with. I really do.
    This is exactly what I was thinking.

Sorry that your laptop got stolen, mate, but venting your rage at customer support for Microsoft and Valve isn't going to do anything.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    why.......is was not like i was screaming at them " and if i loose my saved so be it " and if they can recover my achievement that would be great also.........but now i will have to start all over again...........sigh!

and it suck!

---------- Post added 2012-02-08 at 08:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    This is exactly what I was thinking.

Sorry that your laptop got stolen, mate, but venting your rage at customer support for Microsoft and Valve isn't going to do anything.
    As i said

I was NOT raging..............i was PISS.........but as i said i will have to start all over again

Quote Originally Posted by WNYIRISHGUY View Post
    why.......is was not like i was screaming at them " and if i loose my saved so be it " and if they can recover my achievement that would be great also.........but now i will have to start all over again...........sigh!

and it suck!

---------- Post added 2012-02-08 at 08:48 PM ----------

As i said

I was NOT raging..............i was PISS.........but as i said i will have to start all over again
    You were pissed, as in drunk? I don't know if anyone here can understand what you're actually trying to say, it's not at all intelligible.

From what you've written, it sounds like you lost the laptop with the savegames on it, and have also lost access to the Games for Windows account you played with? Is that what you mean?

Or do you just mean you lost the savegames, which is what most people have concluded (since getting your GFW account back is a trivial matter, unless you've FUBARed that somehow).
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

I generally think I do a pretty good job at understanding what people say, but this is difficult. I dont even understand the usage of quotation marks... are they supposed to act like parentheses here?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    I generally think I do a pretty good job at understanding what people say, but this is difficult. I dont even understand the usage of quotation marks... are they supposed to act like parentheses here?
    You didn't know? Graduating High School is for n00b5!!!1! English is like quantum physics to these people.

* User was infracted. Be more respectful to others use of language. As long as people can make themselves understood, there's no issue.
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2012-02-09 at 04:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    Yeah I'm not all too sure what he was trying to get at, if I'm reading it right he's upset with MS/Steam because he chose not to backup his saves to their server or something. I know some games on Steam have the option to back up as much as 100MB of saves on their server via the "Steam Cloud"(Deus Ex, HL2, Portal, and TF2 come directly to mind) and judging by his word choice Microsoft has the same through their "Games for Windows" thing.

If I'm right neither is something MS or Steam should be expected to fix as it wasn't an error on their part but the users end.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have to stand with this guy and FlawlessSoul... the way you posted your thread and saying how the customer service representatives were idiots and wasting your time, having worked in customer service, I feel very badly for them. Sucks your laptop was stolen, but as for what you're complaining about... it's not their duty to save your games. If they saved everyone's games the amount of space it would require would be absolute insanity.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    Yeah I'm not all too sure what he was trying to get at, if I'm reading it right he's upset with MS/Steam because he chose not to backup his saves to their server or something. I know some games on Steam have the option to back up as much as 100MB of saves on their server via the "Steam Cloud"(Deus Ex, HL2, Portal, and TF2 come directly to mind) and judging by his word choice Microsoft has the same through their "Games for Windows" thing.

If I'm right neither is something MS or Steam should be expected to fix as it wasn't an error on their part but the users end.
    Yea, this is what I am thinking. But at the same time, if this is the case how in hell can he be angry at them? He should be angry at the person that stole his laptop... there isnt a thing they can do, and I dont get why it took 30 minutes to explain that over the phone.

10+ Year Old Account
    After I finished trying to read that, I'm glad I wasn't the only one that felt like it was rather difficult to understand a word the OP was trying to say. If that's really how he was talking to the CS agent, I'm surprised they could piece together it all to form something understandable.

Anyway, laptop stolen, your games were on it, sucks for you? If it's Steam then you should be able to get the games back regardless because they keep track of what ones you own and you can download them on any machine. All I can say is be more careful next time?

If you can't post other than to insult someones use of language, you aren't really contributing.

Honestly, I think he lost his login to both steam and games for windows. Because I think games for windows stores achievements on your live account... and steam would let you re-download any game you own on your account... but I am not sure.

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Another valuable lesson learned.

Backup your stuff! I learned this 15 years ago.

What is the op complaining about?, that his save game wasn't on some cloud ?? or is he talking about his in game achievements? Going through this thread people are flaming the op because he is blaming others for not keeping a back up for files on his stolen laptop, which is 100% completely right.

On the other hand if he lost in game achievements (maybe im not sure with the way he worded it) then yeah id be mad if achievements in game were lost and couldn't get back but im not sure how that would happen, isn't achievements tied to your online cloud account?
    Last edited by Exoblade; 2012-02-09 at 05:42 AM.