Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    Why should people who subscribe to WoW be more entitled to play Diablo 3 than people who don't play WoW? I don't like WoW but I am a huge Diablo fan and I am super stoked for Diablo 3. No one person deserves to be in the Beta more than another. It's random, as it should be.
    its just we pay there bills. Your a future customer who is currently useless to them. Keeping us happy will get them 2x more money than the 1time buy your worth. I do believe that like 2/3 of the invites that go out so be preferable invites to people subscribed/buyers of other games.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's because they already have your money; they're trying to sucker more people into giving them money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

im in the beta and in all honesty its not that great.

you can only get to lvl 13, and do the first half of act 1.

a few classes are OP(mage) while others are lackluster(DH), but its hard to tell because at lvl 13 you dont have many skills and hardly any good gear.

prior to playing the beta i was just kind of like "o hey diablo 3 that will be cool", and now im like " WTF BLIZZ RELEASE OMG RELEASE!!!!".

OT; its semi-random. meaning that they take computer specs into account. they want a wide range of computers to test on so they know what can and cant handle the game. so if you are in the middle with an average comp(1-2 years old that still runs games perfectly fine) your odds are low. however if you have a extreme rig(either really old or really new) the pool of applicants for your comp specs is lower and your odds of getting an invite go up.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    its just we pay there bills. Your a future customer who is currently useless to them. Keeping us happy will get them 2x more money than the 1time buy your worth. I do believe that like 2/3 of the invites that go out so be preferable invites to people subscribed/buyers of other games.
    The beta isn't there to keep people happy though. It's there to test the game for people to provide feedback. If they want to keep their monthly customers happy, then they should add features to WoW, since they're WoW players. You may give them money for WoW each month, but that has nothing to do with Diablo. Nobody deserves Diablo beta more than any other person out there. I see this sense of entitlement with every beta that Blizzard has and people just don't seem to get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    So you think you deserve something over other people just because you've been a loyal customer? A beta isn't some kind of prize or reward you get for having a good "track record." It's a test. And when it comes down to it, your track record really doesn't matter when it comes to testing the game. Everybody is on an equal playing field, and I can't see a good reason why people should feel more entitled to something just because they have given Blizzard more money than another person has.
    you must not live in America.. ofc I feel that way. I'm not saying I'd run around like a D'bag looking at unreported bugs. Glad I hurt your feelings by expressing my opinion though.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You've already "purchased" Diablo 3 through the annual pass, why would they waste a potential opportunity at gaining other customers of the game when you already effectively own it? Imo, no one with an annual pass should get an invite until the very last set of them and even then it would still be odd. It's like a company saying, "Hey, we could use this opportunity to try to get more people to play the game and potentially buy it while also testing it OR we could let people who are already going to own the game when it comes out test it and make no profit whatsoever in any way". I'd choose the former every time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been playing blizzard games for donkeys years, i got an invite too first D3 beta wave, played it only once.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Beta invites are based off their current need (mainly for system specs)
    Make sure you've updated your computer profile on the beta site too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be funny if they gave the 100k beta invites to the 100k ppl who quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuj View Post
    you must not live in America.. ofc I feel that way. I'm not saying I'd run around like a D'bag looking at unreported bugs. Glad I hurt your feelings by expressing my opinion though.
    No need to get defensive. I am simply trying to understand how people see this as a legitimate reason for feeling entitled to a beta test.

(PS: I am American)

they alrdy said beta invites are RANDOM(they need xxx amount of diffrent specs) doesn't matter how much you got on your b.net account. its random.
    Last edited by loki504; 2012-02-10 at 09:39 AM.

What does you playing WoW have to do with Diablo 3? All you had to do is opt in they dont care about how long you have played WoW or if its even on your account.

It's kinda funny, every time I've unsubbed from WoW I got a beta invite for whatever game they were putting out.

I was unsubbed when I got into the Cata beta.
    SC2 was the same, got in like 2 or 3 months before it came out.
    I unsubbed from WoW back in June or July then I got D3.

Great advertising heh.

i get what you mean but remember the only beta you get with the annual pass is the MoP beta not the diablo 3 beta

The divide the player base between computer speccs, hardcore, good, normal, mediocre and bad and then just random invites those categories to get a decent amount of players with all computer speccs, you can always try to befriend a GM like a did and get a f&f invite like I did

Deleted
    I've played wow since release, starcraft 1 & 2. Diablo 1, Hellfire, Diablo 2 LoD. Warcraft 1,2,3.
    My friend started playing wow 3 years ago thats the only thing he has ever played from Blizz. He got the invite to beta.

It's much to random

Quote Originally Posted by IFragAll View Post
    I saw the 100k invites to NA accounts and was in high hopes of getting a beta invite (being that I paid for the 12 months of WoW during blizzcon). Look on my account....no invite. I tell some of my friends on vent that Blizzard sent out D3 beta invites and my friend, who has not payed for WoW since September, gets a beta invite over all my other friends that are still subbed till October 2012. Now wheres the logic in that? I know some will say that's the way they're inviting people and that I should stop complaining, but all I want to know is what's their logic behind this?
    Annual pass is only for wow beta, Mists of Pandaria. Not D3.
    You get D3 for free, thats enough fer ya.

Have annual pass, got d3 beta.

Randomness is random?
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

You paid for MOP beta not diablo3 nor any other beta game they are testing. Also beta invites are random. In the case of MOP everyone that signed up will get a chance at the beta, which will probably be restricted to "waves" so to speak, like say 100,000 people at a time or so.