I know I'm not the most seasoned poster on this forum, yet I want to start a thread where more seasoned posters can give advice to new posters.
My goal is to make a list of guidelines a new poster can use, for example, when they are creating a new thread or replying to an existing one.
To reach this goal, I will need your help.
The rules are simple:
- Try to be constructive.
- Don't be arrogant towards other posters.
- Keep things on topic.
- Try to make guidelines for general situations, not specific cases.
Keep in mind that these guidelines are aimed at the new posters.
They might not have the information/general knowledge you have.
Also, try to motivate your advice.
So far, the list consists of these guidelines:
- Try to be as well informed as possible. Read the blogposts and FAQ on guildwars2.com and the stickies on this forum before starting a thread.
- Try to watch some videos about GW2 before opening a thread
- Use the search function before starting a new thread. Many question have already been answered in other threads.
- Read the forum rules. They are created for a reason.
- Respect the other posters' opinions. Their opinion is as valuable as yours.
- Don't start personal feuds in threads. Nothing good has ever come from that.
- Be polite and friendly. A little kindness goes a long way.
- Try to use (official) sources to back up your statements. It'll make them more convincing.
- Try to be critical of the information you're getting.
If you have any advice you want to add to this list, then please leave a post.
Usefull advice will be added to the list.
Also, try to give some feedback on the advice given in this post.
Has it been usefull to you in any way?
I sincerely hope that this post will help new posters on this forum.