Questions re: Destro use of Doomguard - Heroic Ultraxion

Our guild attempted HM Ultraxion last night (10 man) and almost downed it. My DPS is ok (> 35k as Destro spec), but I am looking to improve before tonight's raid to make up for other people

We are popping Hero at the start, but I wasn't clear on the best time to summon the Doomguard in order to get the best results from it:

• With patch 4.3.2, I remember somewhere on the forums saying that our Doomguard now benefits from the +Haste of Hero:
    • Is this true?
    • Do they need to be already summoned when Hero is popped, or do they snapshot our Haste when they are summoned?

I am asking the above questions as I am attempting to get max spellpower procs up before summoning the Doomguard, but need to know whether they should already be summoned for Hero in order to receive the +Haste benefit (if at all).

Currently I do the following before summoning the Doomguard:
    • Pre-pot
    • Wait for Power Torrent to proc
    • Soulburn
    • Synapse Springs

However, if they need to be present to receive the Hero +Haste buff I may not have time for Power Torrent to proc

Any advice / confirmation would be greatly appreciated!

If you are using IotCM, pop it when you have the haste proc.

DG benefits from haste rating, not haste %. IE: Insignia of the Corrupted Mind gives haste RATING, it benefits DG. Bloodlust gives 30% haste, it does not benefit DG.

You pop DG on the pull when you have all your procs + prepot + 4pc buff + IOTCM buff if you have it.
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

Basically pop CDs, instant soul fire, put up all dots, conflag and summon DG, and go about your rotation, wait any longer and you will start loosing other buffs, after dots+conflag, most if not all your things should be procced.

Deleted
    It does indeed not gain anything from heroism, but any stat procs you get helps out. I would recommend to pop it right as you have everything up, but if you have the WoA trinket, do not pop the 4p t13 before a little into the fight so you can gain maximum use of WoA stacks + buffs (obv before Power Torrent and the pre-pot runs out)!

Deleted
    Does DG automatically scale with recent spellpower or does it snapshot spellpower (like mastery snapshot when having demo-spec) ?
    -> so i.e.: if Power Torrent, Pre-Flask, Trinket proc,... falls of the DG does less dmg?
    Last edited by mmoc39113e1296; 2012-02-09 at 01:05 PM.

Deleted
    It snapshots the stats, so the stats you have when you pop it, the DG keeps the full duration!

Deleted
    It snapshots the stats, so the stats you have when you pop it, the DG keeps the full duration!
    thx alot for clarification!!

I don't know if is the best rotation but i use:
    We always wait for the boss event finish to /DBM pull, so some classes can "hard cast" a spell.

Pre-pot
    Hard cast Soul Fire
    SB > Soul Fire
    Blood Fury + Demon Soul
    Immolate
    Corruption
    Conflagrate
    Shadowflame
    Bane of Doom
    Summon Doomguard

I cast Bane of Doom at last because of the trinket Will of Unbinding, so it can bennefit more from the INT proc.

Thanks to everyone who responded - we managed to down it last night

Quote Originally Posted by Gorpy View Post
    Thanks to everyone who responded - we managed to down it last night
    All thanks to the advice from this thread, right?!

I use mine at the start since that is the only time I can guarantee all my procs.