10+ Year Old Account

Janglespur vs Kavan's Forsaken Treads (Demonology)

I just wanted to make sure this was not a dumb idea before I did it. Okay so my stats are hurting right now. I have to enchant my Janglespur boots with 50 hit just to stay hit capped. If I get Kavan's Forsaken Treads I actually gain a lot of hit rating and secondary stats at the cost of 15 intellect. This is my current armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...vatives/simple. I would gem Kavan's with one Artful Lava Coral and one int gem. Should this be fine?

Edit: Also I get Lavawalker =S
    Last edited by Derivatives; 2012-02-09 at 01:41 AM.
    Power?!?! I'll show you POWER!!!

I used the Kavan's for the same reason until the heroic version of the janglespur boots.
    Cyner#1996

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyner View Post
    I used the Kavan's for the same reason until the heroic version of the janglespur boots.
    That's what I was thinking =D Thanks.

Is 5 int worth 25 mastery? (Want to lose 5 int on a gem so I can gain 25 mastery)
    Last edited by Derivatives; 2012-02-09 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derivatives View Post

Is 5 int worth 25 mastery? (Want to lose 5 int on a gem so I can gain 25 mastery)
    For Demonology, at least for me, Int is 3.9 and Mastery is 2.43, so yes, it would be worth it. Sim yourself to be sure but I seriously doubt Int is worth 5x as much as Mastery for any Demonology player.
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

Quote Originally Posted by Derivatives View Post

Isn't it a 20 int difference?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Isn't it a 20 int difference?
    No I get the set bonus by using an orange gem (which I wouldn't normally get with Kavan's due it's yellow socket), which is +10 int and I also bought the epic gem, because it's 300g on my server (25 int/25 mastery). So Set Bonus (10) + Epic Gem Extra (5) = 15. I made sure to minimize the amount of int I lost =)
    Last edited by Derivatives; 2012-02-09 at 08:29 AM.

I'll use my Kavan's until I see Janglespur heroic, better itemized.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    I'll use my Kavan's until I see Janglespur heroic, better itemized.
    Same. I picked up Sash of Relentless Truth for now too.

honestly, how much better is heroic janglespur better than kavans? How much better is heroic tier helm over tier hands and valor helm? How much better is heroic crit haste belt over boe haste mastery belt? Not enough for me to get it before anyone else, thats for sure, in fact I may never switch. The loss of mastery is huge becuase of the need for hit.

I'm currently using it to compensate the loss of hit rating from my weps(Titakh/Rathak), I'm only going to replace it until i get H Lightning Rod & the heroic boots.