Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Then you should pass the same test men do. I dont see the issue here? Isnt that in agreement with the OT? The oposite of the firemen annecdote from this thread where women firemen only had to drag the bag while men have to carry it. I mean think about which one you want to carry you out of a fire after that? The one that drags you on the fire scorched floor or the one that lift you on his shoulders?
    i already said they ought to meet the same tests... i think most women of sufficient stature would be able to with little trouble in fact.
    but thats a lot of what ifs.. suppose a male soldier couldnt carry another for whatever reason.. same thing.
    i mean, looks like the minimum height requirement for males is 5ft..
    Last edited by starlord; 2012-02-09 at 06:25 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Then you should pass the same test men do. I dont see the issue here? Isnt that in agreement with the OT? The oposite of the firemen annecdote from this thread where women firemen only had to drag the bag while men have to carry it. I mean think about which one you want to carry you out of a fire after that? The one that drags you on the fire scorched floor or the one that lift you on his shoulders? Equality = everyone pass the same tests and are required to follow the same physical and medical requirement.
    I think you missed the article. This is about women in the military. When I said "under fire" I meant taking enemy contact.

Then again, your argument works for any job where the physical requirements need be equal.

I think the point that i havent seen people really mention is the fact that a women caught behind enemy lines suffers a much greater risk than a man in the same situation. Not that a man cant be sodomized but there is less of a chance of that happeneing than a woman getting raped.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithios View Post
    I think the point that i havent seen people really mention is the fact that a women caught behind enemy lines suffers a much greater risk than a man in the same situation. Not that a man cant be sodomized but there is less of a chance of that happeneing than a woman getting raped.
    I didn't even think that far into it. That's a whole different can of worms there sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Astounded View Post
    I didn't even think that far into it. That's a whole different can of worms there sir.
    I do agree with him though, my issue with women on the front-line is there susceptibility to sexual warfare (rape etc.)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawxey View Post
    I do agree with him though, my issue with women on the front-line is there susceptibility to sexual warfare (rape etc.)
    Oh I certainly agree. I just didn't even take the time to think past the first few issues. That along with the mental aspect of allowing them to serve in that capacity requires an amount of thought that I'm sure would leave me astounded.
    Last edited by Astounded; 2012-02-09 at 06:28 AM.

If they can accept that their superiors are unwilling to make special arrangements just because they are women I support women in combat

however I don't feel that the military should be forced to accommodate them with special living, and they dam well get used to to squatting in the woods because were not toting porta-potties onto the battlefield.

Essentially if they want to play with the boys they need to live with/like the boys and be held up to the same standards regardless of if it's that special time of the month or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Fawxey View Post
    but you're not worried about death & mutilation...? curious..

at least once a week on this message board men will complain about how discriminated against they are and how its really women and not men who are sexist, because women arent drafted. and then when women finally do manage to achieve breakthroughs to get more acceptance into the military, the men then come here and cry that women are being let into the military and how they shouldnt be there.

honest to god, sometimes i wish i was a lesbian.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    but you're not worried about death & mutilation...? curious..
    and men aren't already vulnerable to death and mutilation? Then a female prisoner has to worry about being raped before being mutilated and then killed.....

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeinblack View Post
    at least once a week on this message board men will complain about how discriminated against they are and how its really women and not men who are sexist, because women arent drafted. and then when women finally do manage to achieve breakthroughs to get more acceptance into the military, the men then come here and cry that women are being let into the military and how they shouldnt be there.

honest to god, sometimes i wish i was a lesbian.
    Weird how there isn't a draft anymore. It's an entire force of volunteers.

Women have no issue with acceptance in the Military. They just need to realize that most of them do not have the same physical and/or mental capabilities as men do.

And if you want to be a lesbian I'm sure there is a thread about that somewhere around here.

Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    You don't need to be a man in order to shoot a gun.

You've got to be kidding me. Any Woman who is on the front lines is not there for a screw. You saying this is pretty insulting tbh.
    This actually happens more often than you'd think with women in the military.

Quote Originally Posted by cherb View Post
    this sort of rhetoric sounds familiar.. ah yes it was also used against gays.

Deleted
    Physically, women are inferior to men in most cases. No this isn't meant to offend, it's just the way it is.

If a woman is going to be in a combat role, she should meet the same physical standards that the guys do. I.e. there won't be many women that make it through, and that's how it should be. Don't compromise standards that are there for a reason just so some careerist General that hasn't fired a weapon in a decade can pin another medal on his chest for helping equality in the forces...

If I'm shot and there's only a woman that can pull or carry me out of harms way and she's not strong enough, I'm going to be pissed that she's there when she's incapable of doing what's required of her... I'm not going to think how much I'd like to live but it's okay, I'm going to die knowing women have equal rights in a job they're physically incapable to do in most cases.

wtf? they can't serve in the infantry already?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cherb View Post
    This.

Already women are in the minority in the Military. Then put them in a place where there are even less of them. They have there pick of the crop if they so choose, and they do choose it more often than not. Hell, I even know of one Army woman who slept with an Afghan Interpreter she was so desperate for some lovin. So it happens.

Oh did I mention she got knocked up by said Interpreter?

10+ Year Old Account
    Women should not be outright barred from serving in combat, but everyone who would serve in combat must be required to obtain a level of elite strength, endurance and speed that will allow them to perform their roles exceptionally, as this is life and death. As such the physical differences between men and women would cause fewer women to obtain that level of strength and it would be predominately a male profession, but not because of discrimination but rather capability for the given role. Some women would almost certainly be able to serve in combat.

The only exception to this is all out war, in which case anyone who can hold a gun should be doing so, but for a volunteer professional force fitness standards should be kept.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithios View Post
    you know what usually happens to men caught behind enemy lines? they die.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    The evidence for leprechauns is immense - do you know how many socks dissappear on the world scale... This means that the chance of leprechauns exists is the same as them not existing - therefore you cannot deny their existence

If I'm shot and there's only a woman that can pull or carry me out of harms way and she's not strong enough, I'm going to be pissed that she's there when she's incapable of doing what's required of her... I'm not going to think how much I'd like to live but it's okay, I'm going to die knowing women have equal rights in a job they're physically incapable to do in most cases.
    suppose it was a guy.. then "oh well such is life"? or "ban short people!"?

Quote Originally Posted by Astounded View Post
    Weird how there isn't a draft anymore. It's an entire force of volunteers.

Women have no issue with acceptance in the Military. They just need to realize that most of them do not have the same physical and/or mental capabilities as men do.

And if you want to be a lesbian I'm sure there is a thread about that somewhere around here.
    oh gimme a break. women have no issues with acceptance in the military? lol.

there is zero reason for women not to be allowed into combat roles. will all women be able to meet the physical standards? nope, yet neither do all men, and yet somehow nobody is complaining that men as a gender should not be in combat roles. and your second part that women do not have the same mental capabilities as men just betrays your blatant sexism.