Why are West coast servers more popular then East coast?

I find this curious, maybe some one has the answer for me?

The populations of both the US and Canada are majorly on the East sides of the respective countries. This is part of the reason why I choose an east coast server in the first place. Had I known west was going to be so popular I would of rolled on one and dealt with slightly more lag. Am I missing something here?

Looking at the servers right now, most of the West Coast are sitting in heavy right now while not one east coast is heavy. Half east coast are standard, the rest are light.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    I find this curious, maybe some one has the answer for me?

The populations of both the US and Canada are majorly on the East sides of the respective countries. This is part of the reason why I choose an east coast server in the first place. Had I known west was going to be so popular I would of rolled on one and dealt with slightly more lag. Am I missing something here?

Looking at the servers right now, most of the West Coast are sitting in heavy right now while not one east coast is heavy. Half east coast are standard, the rest are light.
    There are twice as many east coast servers than west coast servers at the moment.

Oceanic players also tend to go to West servers.

Twice as many? Really? I never actually did a count, just scrolled down. Thought there were only like 7 more. That along with the Oceanic thing would do it, question answered, thanks.

I guess I just wish they made less east coast servers then.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

15+ Year Old Account
    West coast Server: 10pm
    East Coast server: 1 am

on a wednesday

I wonder why West Coast has more players on right now
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd bet that the swtor audience is heavily upper middle class white and asian males who are gamers and are well geeks. The west coast has a huge amount of those types of people since its really the center of the geek universe. The gaming industry, the tech industry, the movie, tv... all west coast.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    West coast drops 30-50 ping for us Aussies. Anyone playing in Southeast Asia will be doing the same thing I suspect.

Persoanlly being Central I find west coast serveers better because losing sleep for me is preferable to having to raid or do hardmodes etc during dinner.
    Been gone since 2011, enjoying being back.