Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I've got both, not sure why folks feel the need to "choose". I liked the Consular story well enough, and the trooper story has been fun. People also complain about the Inq story, but the ending to Act1 was hilarious. My Agent hasn't gotten far, so I assume the story gets better from all the raving I hear. Sith Warrior and Jedi Knight seem sort of "typical" to me, just go do your governments work like any other superman soldier.

So, story is a very subjective thing.

Feel of the quests, I get the vibe from Empire side that the quests are almost comic-villain most of the time, while Republic feels like downtrodden underdog lots of times. In both cases, your forces are almost incompetent and it's all up to you to save the day.

PVP I haven't done, nor a lot of dungeons, but they're server based so I think the real issue there is finding a SERVER to play on, rather than a side.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I also play both sides concurrently. I find I am able to enjoy the story from both sides and really it helps me appreciate how different the Imperial ideaology and Republic ideaology is.

I'm actually looking for a good reason to play Empire, I haven't found one yet.

You lose in Warzones 80% of the time.
    You have a lot more immature/annoying players.
    Your stories are based around I WANNA BE THE VERY BEST, LIKE NOONE EVER WAS, TO HATE THEM IS MY REAL TEST, TO STAB THEM IS MY CAUSE (except IA/BH, they are actually not bad, played BH to 18 in beta).
    Leveled a trooper to 50, story was amazing, and the trooper gear looks fantastic, way better than BH who looks like Narnia's tinman.
    Leveling a sentinel to 50 atm (36 right now), the story has a very "A New Hope" feel to it, and I'm loving it. Especially since I'm dark-side.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrolepsy View Post
    Your stories are based around I WANNA BE THE VERY BEST, LIKE NOONE EVER WAS, TO HATE THEM IS MY REAL TEST, TO STAB THEM IS MY CAUSE
    Made my morning sir thanks for the laugh. I sort of agree with the rest of your post, except I am one of these laid back hippy types that likes everything but what you said about trooper and sentinel I agree completely.

I know it's about personal tastes and such, but Inq gear looks fucking awful. It's an ugly mix of feathers, bones and a brain. I mean, what the hell? Most of the tier gear on both sides looks awful, in my opinion, but the Republic get the best. Us Imps have a far better space station though.