View Poll Results: Will we ever see an Abyssal Maw raid?

Voters
187. This poll is closed
  • Yes!

57 30.48%
  • No!

111 59.36%
  • Don't care, I crave Pandas!

19 10.16%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ortheka View Post
    Well....I'd rather Abyssal Maw instead of Firelands. At least it would have been less eye-killing than all that red fire with molten-orange skies. And I just prefer water over fire. And...We need more Old Gods here =D
    Considering Abyssal Maw was near completion, I would expect them to add it later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Irregardless of whether or not Abyssal Maw was planned as a raid or an instance, if the idea was to make it an underwater encounter a la Vashj'ir, then Blizzard probably did the right thing. Vashj'ir (the zone) was very much a love/hate thing for most people. Enough people hated it that an instance/raid based on the same sort of environment likely would have been more trouble than it was worth.

It doesn't take a lot of imagination to think that this would have been one of the most complained-about things in Cataclysm.

The worst thing they could do to N'zoth is turn him into a content filler farmable raid boss like Halion was in Ruby Sanctum.

N'zoth is suppose to be on par with C'thun and Yogg'Saron, the other 2 named Old Gods.

C'thun and Yogg'Saron where epic fights in a huge expansive dungeon.

They either need to give N'zoth the full treatment he(or she) deserves, or not have him feature at all.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Abyssal Maw was canned purely so that they could get Firelands out in a timely manner. And Dragon Soul is the dogs dinner that it is because (hopefully) they are putting everything into MoP. I also think that they really did expect to get MoP out 18 months after Cata, but seeing that Diablo 3 is now slated for q2, I cant see them getting out MoP until September, which is nearly back into the 2 year timeframe again.
    Last edited by Butterball; 2012-02-25 at 09:22 PM.

Deleted
    Well, MoP will be a Q3 release at the earliest. Plenty of time for a 'Ruby Sanctum' raid, even though they stated it won't happen.
    Also: http://youtu.be/18kABauecpM, They wouldn't even have to put that much effort into getting it as a working raid.

Deleted
    it would be cool but i dont think its going to happen

Voted yes purely because I want to see it ._.

I think we will be killing N'zoth and raiding in the Abyssal Maw, a whole underwater raid maybe even. But it is not going to be n Cataclysm, who even knows if it will be in Mists...

No, only because Blizzard wont return to Vash'Jir (spelling) because that would be saying lets return to Northrend with nothing new but a raid. This idea will prob float around in the Blizzard HQ until the time comes around. Because that is one awesome idea.

Just out of curiotisity. what ended up happening to that whole darkness thing, how you can only see as a certain distance from your avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    As for N'Zoth - I'm a bit disappointed that we didn't hear about him in Cata yet.. Though maybe the MoP intro event will at least bring his name.. Hope to see more of him in the MoP.
    You probably didn't hear Zon'ozz yell about how our skulls would adorn N'zoth's unwrithing throne?

As for the Abyssal Maw raid/dungeon or w/e, N'zoth won't be featured in there, N'zoth isn't inside the Elemental Plane of Water, most likely he is just chilling in the place called Ny'alotha or something like that, which should be at the bottom of the sea, a place where dark unimaginable things lurk.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2012-02-26 at 01:48 PM.

eh, Pre-Mists event will probably cover it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want N'Zoth and the Emerald Dream probably more than I want to be successful in life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    Really it doesn't? Maybe you didn't read it right. You didn't even read what you posted under my quote. It clearly says Blizz wont add a patch with another TEIR of raiding content. Doesn't say anything about world event patches, which I promise you there will be mark my words bro. /beardance
    There is always a world event patch, prior to a new expansion... the next patch will be 5.0.XX, what is it you don't seem to understand? Lets take a look at Cataclysm for a second. Patch 4.0.1 released the new talent changes, 4.0.3 was the Shattering, releasing the revised 1-60 content, and 4.0.3a was the official Cataclysm release.

How many times do you have to be proven wrong before you accept it?

Just read in a recent blue post they are burying this raid just like the Quel Thalas and the Emerald Dream = . ( maybe some day we'll see this come back along with all the other stuff they took out of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Given how many schemes N'Zoth has turned out to be behind, I feel that Blizzard is building him up to be the most powerful of the Old Gods. Deathwing and the Cataclysm was just 'step 1.' There's the Emerald Nightmare, which he turned loose, and his true form, probably slumbering in Ny'alotha deep under the sea. You could fill an expansion with the crap he's up to.

Re. Abyssal Maw, I would say I'd still rather have had Firelands, if Firelands had more bits that were like Sulfuron Keep - fire elemental architecture rules and would have been more interesting than lava-blasted wasteland, of which we have seen many.

N'zoth should be tier 13.5 like sunwell

In that way they could finish Cata story.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    N'zoth should be tier 13.5 like sunwell

In that way they could finish Cata story.
    Not going to happen. It has been repeatedly confirmed by blue post. It takes time to design, create and implement all the in game assets and, from the look of recent news, the MoP beta is close to launching.

Cataclysm is over. All the story you will ever get from this expansion is already in game; there's even been a series of blue posts entitled "Cataclysm Post Mortem".

N'zoth will be the card to play next time they have no logical reason for a plot development they desperately want to shoehorn in.