Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it's not real and it's not a problem. We are telling you it is.
    You're forgetting the point, though:
    Violence against women is known, established, visible, and gets a lot of attention. The attention it gets is needed, because domestic violence against women is horrible. As horrible as you describe it.
    The SAME kind of violence against men is NOT openly accepted as happening. People shush it, the VICTIMS of it are sentenced more often than not if they go to the police about it, they are emotionally extorted, and society as a whole LAUGHS at them. So the victims tend to keep quiet, on the whole, hide themselves, hide their injuries, hide their struggles.

And here's the actual point: IT DOESN'T MATTER WHETHER THE VICTIM IS A MAN OR A WOMAN. It is both equally atrocious, and neither should be denied or brushed aside 'as easily as you just did.'

Edit: In the Netherlands, there are now actually a few shelters for male victims of domestic violence. The police has started campaigning for male victims to seek help. Finally, something is done about it.
    However, there are still a lot of social problems with male rape victims.
    Last edited by Stir; 2012-02-09 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    most of the stuff posted here is either wrong or can be done by Women too

Women CAN be as strong as average Man if they want to (work out) - most of them dont care cause they use the common prejudice they are weak to let us Men do the "heavy things"....
    Women can pee standing too .... if they dont care how the floor is looking afterwards. There are some techniques to aim more carefully though.
    Women have their own currency when it comes to favors: Smile. Most women get most things done by asking a Male and smile. Try this as male at your female neighbour - most likely wont work.
    Women gets Jobs too, with each generation it gets easier for them. As a last resort they can use their "second pair of Eyes" too
    Women have a easier way for getting laid if they like to.
    Women can have beards too. some women even have it naturally (my working colluague for example) in other cases she can use hormones. But why do they want one? I hate it to shave - tiny hairs everywhere hard to clean up again. And if you dont shave you get the looks like you are a tramp or something. I know it cause i have a beard. I dont care the disadvantages..
    Women dont Have to use Makeup at all. Most women looks good or even better without makeup. They use it to appeal to males or hide stuff. Its like sunglases, they dont want to show their true face so they fake one. (similar with pushup Bras)

Women arent threaten equally in some Areas but again this is in a Change and mostlikely changed in a few generations. For example noone ever thought about equal Women in Turkey 100 years ago did they?

Women DO earn the same money (in the same circumstances) but most men aim for higher position/payment and get them while most women aim for "lower class jobs" and are satisfied. There was a official investigation posted here somewhere wich i dont have at hand right now.

Also Women have several advantages: there are far more Magazines addresses to females than for Men only. They get rescued after the Kids, they get drinks and food for free with their currency. Scientists say Women are smarter than Men in general. Men can be replaced by sextoys wich even feel better. Young girls gets more encouraged and supported getting a job. In Germany its called "girlsday" A day when Girls caan have a look at local companys and try some jobs while Boys sit at school and dont have the opportunity. Yes its like this trust me.

In any case if males even have advantages that arent acessable by female they get outshined by the many advantages females have currently.
    I do agree that men gets raped less and imo thats the only real advantages males have right now.

Darn you you took all fun of the thead. -.-

I don't bleed from my genitals every month. That's pretty cool

10+ Year Old Account
    I can pee standing up straight.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not having to shave your legs. well i guess that depends.

Quote Originally Posted by Dembai View Post
    I'm a gender dysphoric female, and am currently pregnant.

I would love to be male - only the love of my life wouldn't be able to deal with that (and to be honest, I wouldn't be able to put up with surgeries that would ultimately make me only half a man.)

As for what you guys get that we do not:

~ The ability to have a real, honest relationship with another person of your own gender without it turning to complete bullshit over any number of issues: an off comment, the way you looked at someone or something, a dream, an impression, a certain tone of voice, or just because that friend has another friend who hates your guts.
    ~ A lack of monthly visitor - though I have to say I've seen far more men faint than women over blood and guts. The hell do you think we see each month? Blue dye like in the commercials? Skinning a beastie is just fine for me.
    ~ The ability to AIM if you're peeing while standing. Women can do it - just...it's not recommended, lol. XD
    ~ The ability to avoid the following issues due to pregnancy: morning (or all day) sickness, narcolepsy, exhaustion over nothing, emotional outbursts over nothing (especially frustrating when you KNOW it's over nothing!), "loosening joints" which result in full body weakness, that weakness allowing you to pull a muscle for doing something as simple as stretching, that weakness also creating agony if you stand for more than a few hours, as your pelvis expands to slowly crush all the nerves in your lower spine - resulting in extreme pain down your legs, and lower back, massive cramps that can seize your whole body in moments - and result in yet more pulled muscles, loss of proper eyesight (I have no depth perception anymore), nosebleeds, headaches, acid reflex, constipation, tits aching all the time - which then progresses to tits aching AND LEAKING all the time, bras no longer fitting because you can jump over 3 sizes while pregnant, having tits that are crazy freaking heavy, hurt your back and make you pull muscles in your back and arms, food aversions, pica (where you have a desire to eat non-foods), everything smelling so much more - which results in everything that smells bad totally overwhelming you (and often making you vomit), having everyone and their fucking mother saying "Oh, this might be terrible, but then you'll somehow forget it all and want to have more." FUCK YOU NO I WON'T. Oh, and that horrifying sensation of having the kid kicking you all the time. I can't even relate how creepy it is. Seriously. That and it's enough that it can keep me up all night long.
    ~ And I haven't even gotten to labor yet - where apparently I will pee and poop all over myself, while this kid tears my vagina open (and it'll never be the same afterwards), and yes they tear - they have a very good chance to, and doctors will even help with the tearing if they think it's needed! And even if I'm lucky enough to get a shot (and trust me, gentlemen - there are plenty of cases where a doctor will refuse you, even if you want one - or if the first wears off - they may not give you a second, and even worse, give you something that makes the labor dozens of times more painful instead to try and make it go faster) I'll still be expected to be taking care of this kid hours later - even though I've basically been torn in half, and lost over 20 pounds of fluids. Oh - and they don't let you eat or drink during this process - in case they have to put you under for a C section. So it could be that you're sitting there, crapping yourself, being torn in half, while everyone watches your crotch, and even helps to damage it, denying you food, water, and yelling at you to push, and breathe - while you're in a terribly awkward position on your back not designed for comfort or even eas of birth - so that they can have the best view without straining themselves.
    ~ But "hormones" will make me forget all this. (I'm still calling bullshit on this - there's just no way I'm going to forget it or romanticize this. You can call me on it.)
    ~ Post partum issues which can kill me - or make me want to kill myself and my child. FUN SHIT.

Fuck I'm so mad right now I'm not even going to go into anything else. I hate being pregnant!

Sweet dear lord....i'm not going to forget this lol, you won this thread.

Why is this thread not closed? Plenty of people posting things will be infracted, even if it is true/accurate. There is and will be a LOT of gender-bashing. Just ban me. I don't want to be here anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla Eyes View Post
    Why is this thread not closed? Plenty of people posting things will be infracted, even if it is true/accurate. There is and will be a LOT of gender-bashing. Just ban me. I don't want to be here anymore.
    I agree with you. I think the fun that the thread started with is gone and now people are being sexist.

As for posts you believe should have been infracted, please report. I'll take a look tonight.