Need help for our Firemage

Been attempting ultraxion lately and our fire mage is pulling relatively low dps so i'm not sure if it's based purely on RNG or if he's doing something wrong, can someone read the logs and maybe look at his armory and give me the low down of wether it is just rng or not playing right.

Logs-
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-j4...ses&boss=55294

armory-
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...asaru/advanced

I run with a 25-man guild. So numbers will be slightly different, but not much.

1) Living Bomb uptime is only 80%. Have them track this better and aim for 90%+
    2) Change glove enchant to mastery and boot enchant to run speed + mastery. Then have him run RAWR on his character again so he can get his gear closer to the 17% hit and not so far over that.
    3) The biggest dps loss for him is his combustions. On his 5:30 attempt and my 5:56 kill, we both got off 4 combustions. His averaged 11-24k and mine averaged 19-43k (I got a lucky one). I set my threshold for ignite when combusting to 20k. It looks like his ignites are way too low when he is combusting.
    4) Have him throw in some Fire Blasts when he doesn't have time to cast anything before phasing. It's not much, but it's better than nothing.

I hope this helps and good luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkdude101 View Post
    Been attempting ultraxion lately and our fire mage is pulling relatively low dps so i'm not sure if it's based purely on RNG or if he's doing something wrong, can someone read the logs and maybe look at his armory and give me the low down of wether it is just rng or not playing right.

Logs-
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-j4...ses&boss=55294

armory-
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...asaru/advanced
    Looking at your mage's stats, everything looks optimal, what I did notice is your raid doesn't have an elly shaman or demo lock, and with your mage's current gear on your longest attempt wipe your mage did just about what any mage should do though only had 4 combustions get off that attempt, since your raid is missing a huge caster buff, I'd suggest focusing on that first. But your mage's combustion damage is far too low and as stated above uptime on LB too low, but haste and crit seem fine to me.
    Last edited by KoolKidKaos; 2012-02-09 at 03:28 PM.

demo lock/elemental shaman buff isn't that important is it? or does it stack with int buff from a mage?

Mage buff is 6% SP. Demo/Ele is 10% SP. It is something to be noted when looking at his numbers. Without big combustions our DPS is terrible. I would say the fastest and biggest increase in DPS that he will see is going to be holding out for a larger ignite on combustion.

On his 3rd combustion, it looks like he didn't have Living Bomb up. That was a HUGE DPS loss.

Totemic Wrath and Arcane Intellect do stack. As a mage, I'm happy since we've added a Elemental shaman to our raid composition.

EDIT : You will have the 2 buffs but I think you'll only have the 10% SP + Mana pool increase, not 16%.
    Last edited by b0ul; 2012-02-09 at 05:24 PM.

but also i've never seen many good elemental shamans or demo locks lately that are barely scraping in 25k with 390+ ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkdude101 View Post
    but also i've never seen many good elemental shamans or demo locks lately that are barely scraping in 25k with 390+ ilvl.
    You're comparing 3 different classes now, though. The point here is that if your mage is running with 10% SP from one of those, his dps will be higher than if he just has the 6% buff he brings. They don't stack, but a 4% SP difference is going to be a big change.

Looking at your logs, it also appears you're running without the 8% spell damage debuff on the boss. It's provided by boomkin, warlock, assassination rogue, unholy dk, or a hunter pet with lightning breath (chimaera, i believe). That should be a pretty big boost for your other dps as well, not just your mage.

All that asside, Exiled's points are still valid. Have him work on improving his uptime with LB and try to time his combustion better.
    Last edited by Kurzior; 2012-02-09 at 10:03 PM.

got a wind serpent, how do i check if it's been used?

Quote Originally Posted by Exiled Legion View Post
    Change glove enchant to mastery and boot enchant to run speed + mastery. Then have him run RAWR on his character again so he can get his gear closer to the 17% hit and not so far over that.
    What's the point in having Lavawalker on your boots? There's barely any movement in DS, and he's even talking about Ultraxion. He should stick to either 50 mastery or 50 hit on his boots.

Run speed will always be argued about. I would gladly give up 15 mastery to gain rain speed. I know he is talking about Ultra, but it's not like that is the only boss they are killing. Some fights require less movement than a blink where 1 scorch and run speed get you to where you need to go. I've seen more mages with Lavawalker over everything else.

how do you check to see if wind serpent debuff is being applied?