Amnesia: The Dark Descent

I'd like to thank everyone who recommend this game in the "Scariest Game" poll I read about a few days ago. Because of you jerks I can't get past the prison part for sheer terror or what keeps jumping out >_> I voted Silent Hill 2 the best scary game and I was off by a LONG shot. While the game is rather simple in terms of gameplay and the puzzles are stupidly easy, it is easily the most... mind fucking game I've ever played.

Enjoyed Amnesia quite as well. Great Game.

Since I didn't had the heart/balls condition to play it, I simply watched Jesse play it. But! I did only see it at night, and got my fair share of chairjumping while yelling at my screen "GET TO THE DOOR GET TO THE DOOR GET TO THE DOOR OMG WHY SO SLOW GET TO THE DOOR".

I'll recommend watching Day[9]'s playthrough vods. Easily the most funny thing I've seen in the past year.

http://blip.tv/day9tv/amnesia-aka-ho...part-1-5696092

The evolution he goes through is hilarious. He starts off really cocky saying he doesn't get scared by these kind of games... well, he was very wrong. Definitely recommend watching every episode!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyoh View Post
    I'll recommend watching Day[9]'s playthrough vods. Easily the most funny thing I've seen in the past year.

The evolution he goes through is hilarious. He starts off really cocky saying he doesn't get scared by these kind of games... well, he was very wrong. Definitely recommend watching every episode!
    Haha, indeed! I loved watching them. Very cocky and soon enough, he needs the comfort from his plushie to continue.

Deleted
    It was really great game and they managed to did it with quite little budget. Havent seen this scare game in little while =)

Deleted
    Oh dear... It's a great game, but I holy hell it is scary! I'm such a pansy when it comes to horror games and Amnesia is definitely the scariest I've played so far. Good luck making it through the prison, that place was a ride in hell to get through. I still haven't completed the game yet, I got to the sewers part and I was done for... couldn't deal with that crazy shit down there.

If you found the main campaign scary, you should play some of the custom maps like "The Attic." That one was by far the scariest custom story I have played for amnesia. However, it can be short depending on how brave you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Theory of Thaddeus View Post
    If you found the main campaign scary, you should play some of the custom maps like "The Attic." That one was by far the scariest custom story I have played for amnesia. However, it can be short depending on how brave you are.
    There is also a meme map created by someone, I forget what its called, but you have troll-faces chasing you, nyan cats all round, forever alone guys etc etc. Quite funny really lol.

If you play SH in easy riddle mode, ofc it will be easy, lol.
    And as far as Amnesia I'm concerned: yea, it's scary as shit.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    There is also a meme map created by someone, I forget what its called, but you have troll-faces chasing you, nyan cats all round, forever alone guys etc etc. Quite funny really lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyoh View Post

My favorite comment "...sanity can be restored by solving puzzles. Good thing I brought my sudoku right..?" xD

Deleted
    It's a good game but it does get a bit repetetive after a while. You should see Yahtzee's review on the game (Zero Punctuation) as it is pretty spot on despite the language he uses

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...e-Dark-Descent

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    It's a good game but it does get a bit repetetive after a while. You should see Yahtzee's review on the game (Zero Punctuation) as it is pretty spot on despite the language he uses

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...e-Dark-Descent
    I usually ALWAYS follow ZP and Extra Credits, how did I ever miss this?! Thanks alot for sharing mate! =)

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    Yepp thats the one hahaha.

10+ Year Old Account
    PewDiePie got some nice videos too, if you don't have the game or don't dare to launch it(Like me)

He plays other scary games like Ju-On & so forth

i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory