Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yem View Post
    It is Tippable, and i do not pretend it's not. But if my opinion doesn't interest you, why are on this forum ? Just talk to your mirror
    Back on the topic, i did not know that Tera failed on korean market, and i'm going to look for numbers right now (well if you already have some of them, you can spare me the search ! )

Or maybe you should consider posting something that is relevant to this thread, instead of going into game bashing with your higly personal opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    The idea is simple really and it comes down to population density. China has 2 billion people in something the size of Texas.
    Ye, no that's not exactly correct!

Correct me if im wrong but Shanda is a massive and well respected games company in china right? This will see rift pick up a very good amount of subs to be honest, the grind of rift will fit in pretty well with the Asian market in general.

The actual price is also awesome, I don't play rift now, but the fact it was so cheap to buy and go made me purchase the game and play for 4 months at least, that's revenue they never would have got had I been forced to pay £60-80 just to get the game up to date.

Deleted
    Blizzard gets about 6 million of those 10million from China. The idea is simple really and it comes down to population density. China has 2 billion people in something the size of Texas. America has about 250million.

The numbers and metrics are just bigger. The real question is how do you get a death themed game to work in a country where death themed games are not really allowed. The Chinese version of WotLK is very different then what we had here.

It will be a spike in sub numbers for sure without a doubt.
    Lol, China is slightly bigger than the US not smaller and good luck fitting over 1.3 billion people into Texas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._by_total_area

although I wish Trion a lot of success, I selfishly don't want them to become so huge like WoW mainly because I don't want them to get fat with success. Once upon a time, Blizz was pretty good at releasing content as well, and then they started milking the player base.

I want Trion to continuously be in a position where they are happy with subscriptions but still hungry to churn out more content to attract more players. I am afraid that once they achieve huge numbers, their development will suffer or focus on other mmo projects to expand even further.

Plain and simple, I don't want greed and laziness killing another company.

Quote Originally Posted by Yem View Post
    Hmm... Rift will not beat Tera in the Asian market
    one of these things is not like the other....

i see a thread title that says rift 10 million subs, who invited tera?

I know rift will do well when it gets more content, because when people have done all the past content, they take a break. when rift has enough past content to satisfy current players and new content to satisfy current players, you will see much more retention. that article was comparing rift in the asian market to wow in the asian market, I'm not qualified to make that comparision, as far as I know its a poorer country so may not have the high end computers to play it, but really rift longevity is much better than wow longevity in the first year.

Deleted
    Blizzard gets about 6 million of those 10million from China. The idea is simple really and it comes down to population density. China has 2 billion people in something the size of Texas. America has about 250million.
    The size of Texas? Have you even ever been outside of the U.S.A?

The landmass of China is the same as that of the whole U.S.A

What I believe he meant when he was talking about Texas was about the distribution of the population. A huge part of China is innabitable.
    This is what he meant, the dark red part being the "Texas".

And yes, he was wrong about the population numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok we've all had our geography lessons and population density discussions for the day lets try to stay on topic going forward, thanks.

OT: Good for Trion and I hope they keep the game and the content entering at a gamer level and avoid the accountants from making the development choices as we often see when companies get to big.