Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    See, I loved the ice of Hoth. Quests were okay, but the look was great. Also thought Belsavis was a very pretty world with pretty animals, but the long enemy riddled paths were just too irritating.
    I can't criticize anyone for their aesthetic opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by viciouss View Post
    Just saying that when you foil one attack by the enemy they do not just pack up and leave. It is also good to keep in mind that on most of the planets the battle is at a stalemate and you are the one turning the tide. So if they have a attack plan at one point and you drive them back do you think they would keep attacking in what seems to be a losing battle, or regroup and try to hit the enemy off guard or somewhere that because of recent events they are at a disadvantage?
    That's not the problem I'm talking about. The problem is that no matter how much advantage I give to my side, they are always, and I mean ALWAYS on the brink of defeat. My side apparently 1) never exploits advantages 2) never consolidates their gains. Opponent's side on the other hand 1) never suffers from any disadvantages 2) has endless reserves and 3) always has yet another superweapon just lying around. I know limitations of MMO gameplay, but there's no reason to EMPHASIZE those limitations with quest writing! Don't make it sound like EVERY mission I'm about to do is the only thing stopping our force from utter defeat.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

15+ Year Old Account
    Seen lot worse

Step 1: Try AoC
    Step 2: Get to end game zones: Khitai zones.
    Step 3: Remember those terrible zone all your life...

Never seen an end-game zone with so many annoying quest and balance issue..

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora View Post
    Seen lot worse

Psh, of course there are worse. SWTOR makes a point to flaunt the "story" though, so it's only natural to be more critical.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora View Post
    Seen lot worse

Really? I thought Khitai had some beautiful areas and lots of challenging fights. What made them tiresome was the faction grind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It only takes one person to change things. You're the focal point - the pinnacle of change in each quest. They COULD do it, too, but why waste all the men when you alone will turn the tide?

I like those kinds of quests myself
    One man army - like EVERY game has this going.How can't it get boring? From recent games only Gears of War 3 comes to mind where you're NOT THE ONLY ONE who can save the world - atleast there's 4 of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    That's not the problem I'm talking about. The problem is that no matter how much advantage I give to my side, they are always, and I mean ALWAYS on the brink of defeat. My side apparently 1) never exploits advantages 2) never consolidates their gains. Opponent's side on the other hand 1) never suffers from any disadvantages 2) has endless reserves and 3) always has yet another superweapon just lying around. I know limitations of MMO gameplay, but there's no reason to EMPHASIZE those limitations with quest writing! Don't make it sound like EVERY mission I'm about to do is the only thing stopping our force from utter defeat.
    Well you also can't get a sith lord/war hero to help if you don't slightly over hype the danger the threat causes. And I personally would not want to tell imperial/republic command mission failure.
    If I weren't insane: I couldn't be so brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    I really couldnt be pissed to do much questing on Alderan, mainly because the whole fucking planet gets blown to smitherines.
    and we all know why now don't we?
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath