Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    GW2 is the best game coming, i will be playing it and dragging as many of my guildies from WoW into it with me... it sound like everything i want from an MMO, i can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Nomzter View Post
    How can one be addicted to a video game?
    Same way you can be addicted to television.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I still don't know what secret world is.
    I was quite excited for this game, until i read baout GW2 :>

Deleted
    Re: The Secret World - it'll be really refreshing to play a horror/weird-stylee MMO. Like I say, I really hope it's a fantastic game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Borzo View Post
    As for getting burned by Funcom, there's an easy solution to that: Don't preorder. Anyone who preorders any sort of video-game is asking to be burned, and at this point in 2012, they shoudl know better -- I'd even go as far as saying they almost deserve it.
    Even if I don't buy it at all, I still want it to be good. This world needs more diversity in the MMO market.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    Even if I don't buy it at all, I still want it to be good. This world needs more diversity in the MMO market.
    The only one flaw with GW2, in my eyes, is that it's back again to the world of Lord of the Rings, WOW, Skyrim, Warhammer, etc, etc, etc....

This whole fantasy setting is done to death. An MMORPG in modern times, in a modern setting, with myths and legends most people are actually already familiar with, is kinda exciting. Especially since it's written by the best video-game story-teller I know of. (IMHO)

GW2 #1!

But honestly there are definitely other games I am also looking forward to:

- The Secret World (rumored for release around April)
    - Firefall
    - Planetside 2 (but their footage looks meh... then again it's just alpha footage)
    I'm still thinking about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    Yeah i'm gonna wear my turtle neck that has +5 attack.
    Clothing in The Secret World has no stats. You can wear whatever you want, and look however you wish. Stats are not clothing based, at all. (RPers rejoice!) ALL clothing is purely cosmetic.

GW2: 60% - 1219

I probably would have looked more into Secret World, but I really don't like the setting. What I saw wasn't that great, so it seems there is more to it gameplay-wise. No idea. Maybe a game for guys who liked the new Fallout games above the Elder Scrolls games.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only one flaw with GW2, in my eyes, is that it's back again to the world of Lord of the Rings, WOW, Skyrim, Warhammer, etc, etc, etc....

This whole fantasy setting is done to death. An MMORPG in modern times, in a modern setting, with myths and legends most people are actually already familiar with, is kinda exciting. Especially since it's written by the best video-game story-teller I know of. (IMHO)
    GW2 has some steampunk with the charr and alien-like settings with the asura to some degree. I think GW2 is pretty original in that reguard despite it's fantasy trope. I prefer fantasy settings to realistic settings, but yeah, that's totally opinion based and nothing else. One can like Salvador Dali and hate Michelangelo. (I like both those artist's though )
    Last edited by Malthurius; 2012-02-09 at 06:55 PM.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Deleted
    If it was a zombie based game set on earth i would be more interested.
    Undead Labs is currently making one. It's still in early production so no ingame screenshots yet, the concept art look good though.
    Edit: just saw that there is a video. *facepalm*

On topic: Just voted, it's at 1293 (61%) now.
    Last edited by mmoc77cd96e260; 2012-02-09 at 06:59 PM.

GW2 looks beautiful, its game play is very different from the traditional MMO (no trinity, gear is all on the same tier, sidekicking, dynamic combat, personal story line) the game is once again built on community working together... (why play a MMO if your always playing solo, or getting random dungeons/raids)

The Secret World looks interesting, the cinematics make it look interesting but then the actual game play footage kind of turns me off personally... set in modern times is pretty cool, its not the normal fantasy or sci-fi take on an MMO. no leveling, races, classes... makes it sound like its just Left 4 Dead where you can chose a side.
    TERA looked okay too, cartoony like WoW, looks like it has a lot of the same MMO features and brings nothing new but a different world to play the same old MMO in... kinda what SWTOR did...
    The rest of the game look like they are not developed enough to really compete in this poll, Starfall looked more like a up-coming movie than a future MMO... none of them have my attention now... not like GW2 does...

Oh yea and WoW:MoP... right now it doesn't look like a game changer, and its losing my interest quickly... which looks like the trend seeing their quarterly numbers drop!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Wokoom View Post
    TERA looked okay too, cartoony like WoW, looks like it has a lot of the same MMO features and brings nothing new but a different world to play the same old MMO in... kinda what SWTOR did...
    Tera is actually pretty innovative in it's own right. The combat is full action, more action oriented than GW2 actually. In Tera, all attack must be aimed, there is no targeting, period. You have crosshairs to aim at enemies manually.

It also has the Political system that elects players to rule land and provide laws and vendor prices. It's actually a very interesting system that I'll be interested in observing to see if they can pull it off.

I was looking into Tera pretty seriously until I came across GW2. GW2 is just doing a little bit more than Tera to catch my attention. Mainly in polish and actual content, not just interesting game mechanics.

If it was a zombie based game set on earth i would be more interested.
    There are zombies. Lots of zombies.

Old video: http://youtu.be/msv0OKLT468
    Last edited by Borzo; 2012-02-09 at 07:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same way you can be addicted to television.
    Psychologists say you can't be addicted to something that isn't altering your chemistry (like drug addiction), thus being addicted to games or TV is classified as a compulsion not an addiction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Psychologists say you can't be addicted to something that isn't altering your chemistry (like drug addiction), thus being addicted to games or TV is classified as a compulsion not an addiction.
    Unless those games or TV cause the release of excess endorphines, then you can be addicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Unless those games or TV cause the release of excess endorphines, then you can be addicted.
    Not sure you can be "addicted" to endorphines, though.

---------- Post added 2012-02-09 at 02:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    (That's why I used the TV example :P)

So wait in 2 and a half hours the number of votes for GW2 has gone from 700 to 1474? are you allowed to vote twice or did @GuildWars2 tweet this poll as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    are you allowed to vote twice or did @GuildWars2 tweet this poll as well?
    Nope and nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    So wait in 2 and a half hours the number of votes for GW2 has gone from 700 to 1474? are you allowed to vote twice or did @GuildWars2 tweet this poll as well?
    I tried seems to be ip blocked or something. Voted for both GW2 and TSW ... like the story in TSW, but not sure I want to subscribe another unproven MMO. Maybe just try it for the first month.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.