Page 1 of 46
... LastLast
    Deleted

Facebook Parenting

Saw this onReddit, so thought I'd share it with you.

Here's the Desc from Youtube....

Warning: Since this video seems to have gone crazy, I figure I'll post this notice. I'm going to read a letter my 15 year old daughter wrote. There ARE some curse words in it. None of them are incredibly bad, but they are definitely things a little kid shouldn't hear... not to mention things MY KID shouldn't say!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------*--------------

My daughter thought it would be funny/rebellious/cool to post on her Facebook wall just how upset she was and how unfair her life here is; how we work her too hard with chores, never pay her for chores, and just in general make her life difficult.

She chose to share this with the entire world on Facebook and block her parent's from seeing it. Well, umm... she failed. As of the end of this video, she won't have to worry anymore about posting inappropriate things on Facebook...

Maybe a few kids can take something away from this... If you're so disrespectful to your parents and yourself as to post this kind of thing on Facebook, you're deserving of some tough love. Today, my daughter is getting a dose of tough love.

The sad thing is, If I did this to my kids in the UK, I'm sure I'd be reported to Social Services

PS, I'd better mention, this is not me. For a start I live in the UK
    Last edited by mmoc1501ffb0eb; 2012-02-09 at 06:57 PM. Reason: spelling

Deleted
    Shes aloud her own opinions, there is no reason to justify punishing her for the way she feels it will only make things worse. Parents should dictate as to what there children should or shouldn't do but they shouldn't punish them for having different beliefs. Hes telling her that she should go to school, study, do chores and then calls her lazy for not having the time to get a job (I'm lucky enough to just have to do college work and have a job.. and doing both of these knacker me out quite a lot).

I'm not a parent so I guess I am sort of only seeing one side of this as an 18 year old student, and I can't see why social services would get involved in the UK - But this guy is a complete and uttter twat, too far up his own backside.

Quote Originally Posted by so mad bro View Post
    ... kids today...
    Wow, you just changed your original opinion very quickly. Let me provide that for everyone to see :

This is why people can't wait to be 18 and move the fuck out of the house and then never call their parents.

Grats, cowboy dad, you certainly showed your child some tough love, not enjoy your loneliness at old age.
    How did you go from one side to the other in a matter of seconds?

lulz

As for the poster above (2 posts), when a child contributes nothing to a household in terms of paying the bills, they are not entitled to opinions on how things are run. Their responsibilities are far and few between in comparison and given the Father's rundown of what they are it is entirely unreasonable for this child to be such a disrespectful little twonk.

At 16 I was in high school, had chores, played hockey 3 nights a week, and had a job on weekends to pay for the things I wanted. If you're "tired" after a day of actually doing something? Might want to invest in a treadmill. For this modest investment of my time as a kid I got a roof over my head, food, a working modern vehicle that I contributed towards, clothes and security. We should be so lucky.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2012-02-09 at 06:48 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    What to say?

There is two sides to every story, and while she might very well be rebelious, her dad isn't any less of that. His daughter might need to learn some manners, but so does he.

Deleted
    Serves the lieing ungrateful cow right imo

OT: I live i =n England so i dont know gun/bullet prices, but 1 dollar for a bullet? i can get sweets for less

Deleted
    If bitching about your parents to friends would always be punished like this alot of my friends an maybe even me wouldn´t have seen the light of day until we were 18 ... by the way hacking your daughters Facebook acc is nearly as bad as reading her diary realy no good parenting style ...

Deleted
    I am a parent, and the one thing I have learnt is....

If you keep saying "Do it again and I'll bla bla bla", but never actually do it, they'll know they are empty threats. Every once in a while you have to carry one out. The worse one I've done is deleted all the saved games on my son's xbox. I got that from Marge Simpson

10+ Year Old Account
    That man is my hero. If more parents were like that, prisons would be emptier.

Did you notice how many people at xmas cried because they got a white iphone instead of the black ipod touch they wanted? Pathetic really, people gota pull it together.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Squawl View Post
    If bitching about your parents to friends would always be punished like this alot of my friends an maybe even me wouldn´t have seen the light of day until we were 18 ... by the way hacking your daughters Facebook acc is nearly as bad as reading her diary realy no good parenting style ...
    There's a difference between bitching and moaning to your stupid friends about how hard life is at 15 and writing a diatribe on facebook slandering them.

Also where do you get the assumption he had to hack anything? One of her "friends" could have easily just emailed it to them.

Ship the brat off to boarding school.

Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    What to say?

There is two sides to every story, and while she might very well be rebelious, her dad isn't any less of that. His daughter might need to learn some manners, but so does he.
    I can tell with near certainty that you have no idea what it feels like to be the parent of a child who you've done nothing but love and provide for for YEARS. People have kids because we are instinctually driven to procreate, but also because we often desire the unconditional love and adoration most children willingly give. You have no idea what it feels like to give up decades of your life and pouring your time, energy, and finances into a child only to have it thrown back into your face by that person.

This kid is lazy and habitually disrespectful. I think his reaction was perfectly justified and I think he should be praised for not giving into his lesser forms of punishment.

While he has a point, his methods are wrong. He should have stopped right before 'ha!, imma shoot your laptop cause I own a gun'

This is quality parenting, id be proud to have this guy as my father.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexxi View Post
    I can tell with near certainty that you have no idea what it feels like to be the parent of a child who you've done nothing but love and provide for for YEARS. People have kids because we are instinctually driven to procreate, but also because we often desire the unconditional love and adoration most children willingly give. You have no idea what it feels like to give up decades of your life and pouring your time, energy, and finances into a child only to have it thrown back into your face by that person.

This kid is lazy and habitually disrespectful. I think his reaction was perfectly justified and I think he should be praised for not giving into his lesser forms of punishment.
    I am actually a mother and happen to work with children.

Respect goes both ways.

The gun was what sold it for me. Then again, I am not american, and my culture(scandinavian) is a bit different to the american one.

This guy is on to the same as me;

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    While he has a point, his methods are wrong. He should have stopped right before 'ha!, imma shoot your laptop cause I own a gun'
    Last edited by Duridi; 2012-02-09 at 06:58 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post

As for the poster above (2 posts), when a child contributes nothing to a household in terms of paying the bills, they are not entitled to opinions on how things are run. Their responsibilities are far and few between in comparison and given the Father's rundown of what they are it is entirely unreasonable for this child to be such a disrespectful little twonk.

At 16 I was in high school, had chores, played hockey 3 nights a week, and had a job on weekends to pay for the things I wanted. If you're "tired" after a day of actually doing something? Might want to invest in a treadmill. For this modest investment of my time as a kid I got a roof over my head, food, a working modern vehicle that I contributed towards, clothes and security. We should be so lucky.
    totally! I had a job the DAY i turned 16, bought my own car to get there, put gas in it myself (granted it was like $5 to fill it way back when lol), and i STILL did everything my folks asked me to do. I respected (and still do) my parents more than anyone else in the world.

Why? He said to her the last time she pulled this shit that's exactly what he was going to do.

No half measures.

Doing it right! In High School you always had a handful of kids who would always complain how much they "hated" their parents. I wonder where kids like that would be without their parents.

For one, using a gun to prove a point... is stupid. When did talking lose so much ground?

Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    I am actually a mother and happen to work with children.

Respect goes both ways.

The gun was what sold it for me.
    This is the new age parenting mantra that's creating entitled little brats to begin with.

What ever happened to "if you want to be treat like an adult, start acting like one?" Or "if you want something, work for it."

---------- Post added 2012-02-09 at 11:59 AM ----------

For one, using a gun to prove a point... is stupid. When did talking lose so much ground?
    Clearly talking worked so well the last time. Did you even watch the video?

this guy=boss.

i must have his hat. Sadly, now that this has gone viral, the politically correct army is gonna call child services for him disciplining his child and being, you know, a good dad.
    ''If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.'' Quoted from-