Deleted

Warlord Zon'ozz 10 HC

Hello everyone,this is our comp for zon'ozz which we tried for only 7-8 attempts last night

Feral tank

Pala holy
    resto shaman
    priest disci

Ret pala
    mage fire
    mage fire
    warr fury
    lock destro
    rogue combat

After some getting used to we handled the first 7 bounces and debuffs pretty easily but as soon as the black phase starts we wipe in like 3 secs.
    We don't know how to distribute the people on eyes and flails,and we don't know who should tank the claw.
    As soon as the black phase Me (pala holy) can't see anything and I get confused,but since I'm on the tank I can manage to do my job,but the other 2 healers have trouble.
    I would like to link the logs but the client fucked up,sorry.

Have your destro lock go affliction if possible and have him multidot everything, if not, tell him to havoc the boss going into the black phase and have him just immo+corr everything that will live for a while. Your combat rogue+tank are on the claw, rogue turns on blade flurry as soon as boss walks over to the claw and cleaves both down. The rest of the dps need to burn down the rest of the adds asap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadinar View Post
    Have your destro lock go affliction if possible and have him multidot everything, if not, tell him to havoc the boss going into the black phase and have him just immo+corr everything that will live for a while. Your combat rogue+tank are on the claw, rogue turns on blade flurry as soon as boss walks over to the claw and cleaves both down. The rest of the dps need to burn down the rest of the adds asap.
    Should the druid tank both the boss and the claw ?
    I was thinking something like
    warr+ret on flails with priest healing them
    tank+rogue on claw with holy pala healing
    mages on 2 different eyes + lock multidotting 3 eyes ,shaman healing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadinar View Post
    Should the druid tank both the boss and the claw ?
    I was thinking something like
    warr+ret on flails with priest healing them
    tank+rogue on claw with holy pala healing
    mages on 2 different eyes + lock multidotting 3 eyes ,shaman healing

we have the same heal setup as you and we were wiping to the same thing , what you have to do is :

When black phase comes, all the raid (we leave warior on 1 eye at this time) stack on claw an zerg that , try to spread only with 1 or 2 seconds remaining on black phase , then spread( set 1 group left 1 group right and rogue saty at the claw )

THe heal asignment will depende on who goes what side, on our raid
    i(shaman) heal the warlock + moonkin + me + help the tank heal, we go LEFT
    paly heals : Tank on claw + rogue on claw+ himself+ help whos in range
    Disc priest: mage+ elemental shaman + himself

u see only the warior has no assign so whoever can heal him will heal.

and we used to had problems with the FIRST orb hit on ranged, cause ppl were still kiling adds or too far away or low health due to dispel mechanics, we just let MAGE fire soak the firt hit , and after he does that all the melee and ranged have time to organize/position.

we do 7 7 5 3

on the last one (3) stack at MID of the room whe nblack phase starts, and burn boss gg!

For the shaman i toss t13(spwg) + tide+ spirit link on the first black phase, then i use tide+ spwg on cd(spwg when is needed even if its need to spam LB to have mana on the LAST black phase) and keep a spirit link + volcanic potion to last black phase.
    G. luck.

EDIT: BTW just realized you have 3 melees so this was bad to us very bad, cause we had to leave 2 heals on ranged , and the H paly on melee couldnt handle the Tank spikes + melee heal + dispell.
    What we done> our druid feral(tank/dps) went moonkin and i stayed at MID with rogue+warior+holy paly+ tank, that was our bigest problem on first tries(tank dying to laser beam on 7 stacks) with 2 heals on his range you wont have this problem.
    Last edited by hempaa; 2012-02-09 at 08:00 PM.

Here's a useful link, with pics and stuff, to a post in these forums which I believe is lost somewhere into page 20+: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-ozz-10-Heroic

My guild followed this advice and downed it after a few tries. Certainly helpful, kudos to the OP.

Start the raid about 90 degrees clockwise of the blue portal, close to where the claw spawns. You can do 5-5-5-x (x being 1-5) or opt to go higher on the first one and meet the enrage comfortably.

3 melee is far from optimal for this fight, but you can certainly deal with it.

Tank zonozz on the claw during black, with the rogue staying on the boss and blade flurrying the claw down by himself.

there will be one flail and two eyes to the left, one eye behind, and then one flail and two eyes to the right. Split something like this:
    Left: both mages
    Back: ret (solo this then get on claw if it is up)
    Right: warlock and warrior

Basically, as soon as dark phase is starting the raid should be grouped near the claw spawn and you should have raid cooldowns ready/going.

You have AM, Barrier, Tank 4p, divine hymn, and SLT. It sucks that you don't have a druid that can tranq, a shadow priest, or a holy priest to have hymn available twice, but you should still be able to manage.

you could AM + barrier dark phases 1 and 3, using the tank 4p and slt on the 2nd and burn (4th), with divine hymn available on one of the last two if needed. If the druid 4p is available for all dark phases (I'm not aware of the cd on it, sorry >_<) then you can just use it all of the time of course.

While the raid is grouped if you can nuke the right flail (should be in range from claw) and an eye, it's very safe to go out and finish the rest of the eyes, and then reset to the normal positions. Once you drop 2-3 tentacles the raid damage becomes managable so you should be able to get more progress once that piece is down.

I would suggest your casters not waste time multi-doting unless the enrage is a major concern, as during the dark phase your #1 priority (especially on 10m) is to have them dead sooner instead of have them die at the same time because dots lowered them slowly.
    It's called Bloodlust not Heroism.
    I used to be a good player once. Now I'm a casual

Deleted
    Basically, what we do is have 2 ranged on every side taking care of the flail and eyes (heavy prio on the flail) along with a healer on every side making sure they don't die, while the melee takes care of the adds in the middle. We generally don't go with more than 2 melee on this fight, but if you don't have any other options I guess the warrior could move out to the far away adds since he has fairly good mobility. Don't be afraid to pop raid/healing CDs during this phase, because just like you said; the damage is crazy.

We did it prenerf by stacking up on Claw when black starts, ranged kills all tentacles in range, melees kills big one... 3-4 seconds before black phase ends one dps group goes right and one left with a healer on each side... Check out our kill video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwdCi...faVzzl3vj0Ngyx

Deleted
    We do it in a similar comp where we have 3 melee, 3 ranged, 3 healers (druid, priest, paladin) and 1 tank.

Tank and rogue go on the claw, with heavy melee we usually let the rogue run to the closest eye or flail and then start cleaving the add. The claw will die just about when we start bouncing again. With a druid tank you should be even more set, tell him to use beserk on that phase and he'll pretty much match the rogue in cleave damage.

We have our disco priest run with our DK/warrior to the left where he keeps them up with binding heal spam and shields. The rest of the raid stack between ranged bouncespot and clawspawn for the initial damage in blackphase, use CDs for this (alternate AM, Barrier, tree+tranq, rallying cry and healthstones if you have them) and paladin and druid are mainly in range of everyone except the priest+2melee group that ran out at the start.

With this tactic we have enough dps to just about finish the righthand side adds before the void of unmaking spawns and the whole thing is reset. Use defensive cooldowns appropriately and youll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    We did it prenerf by stacking up on Claw when black starts, ranged kills all tentacles in range, melees kills big one... 3-4 seconds before black phase ends one dps group goes right and one left with a healer on each side... Check out our kill video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwdCi...faVzzl3vj0Ngyx
    that's also how we did this, stack up kill 3 tentacles then spread out immediately killing the rest, after all tentacles die, orb spawns then repeat

btw, tell your fury war to go arms, MS debuff can negate a huge healing amount to boss.

Deleted
    I went straight to bed after the raid yesterday so I didn't reply.
    I managed to log yesterday tries
    Code:
    worldoflogs(dot)com/reports/rt-c8t0aaedc1fr5ors/dashboard/?enc=wipes&boss=55308
    (Forgot to exit from the client before doing LFR so ignore the full report)
    Now we get into black phase pretty much always except when the ball get stucked on the ranged group.
    Since our MT fucked up with the lockout the comp changed
    I can't link armories so if you want to check them out we're on Crushridge EU

Tank
    Plasmon paladin protection

DPS
    Enemykiller hunter
    shadran fire mage
    vomitina fire mage
    yurupov combat rogue
    shezzan destro lock
    shaggy warr fury

Healers
    mikkioo Paladin holy
    vassiuz shaman resto
    trobarclous shaman resto

This isn't the best healer comp by far since spirit link doesn't shine here but it's compensated by spirit walker

As you can see by the logs we lowered the bounces just to get into black phase quicker since it's stupid to worry about enrage when we can't get past the 3 min mark.
    For black phase we grouped up on the claw to heal a bit more then we assigned 2 ranged on the left side (2 eyes) and 2 ranged+ warr on the right side.
    The problem was that they didn't kill the adds fast enough and there were like 3 people taking the 1st bounce

P.S. If anybody knows how to delete the LFR from the logs I would be grateful

Deleted
    log from this night
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-7mkjkmeqnshlmltg/
    We kept dying because people didn't take the ball,we started doing 7-5-5-x bounces (last bounce taken by a fire mage during the first light phase) since we were starting to get in the 2nd black phase and adds were in range from where the ranged group was supposed to be.
    It should be only a matter of tries.
    Last edited by mmocd9d7581359; 2012-02-11 at 02:40 PM.

Having 2 mages in a 10-man and NOT making one of them go arcane is ridiculous. 2 fire mages do less damage than an arcane mage and a fire mage that receives focus magic. Not even talking about the 3% buff.

Also, arcane mages are rather good for bursting the adds.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

God i hate this fight since im a healer, this is the most intense healing encounter in black phase i swear. We do it with a holy pally, disc priest and a resto shaman or sometimes we swap the shaman with a resto druid but it all still works. Hardest thing is practice and check out some videos like l2r and youtube.

We basically learned our strat from videos, but again you need really high dps and extremely good healers for this encounter.

The black phase can seem quite intimidating, but with the right strat it will seem trivial.

We stack up on the claw when the black phase starts and let our melee burn the claw while our ranged dps turret and kill the adds within range of the claw. We then split into two groups; the melee go to the back and deal with the three eyes and the ranged take out the adds near the portal.

You may want to send two melee/one ranged/one healer to the back to deal with the 3 eyes because when we send 3 melee one of them always seemed to bee out of range of my heals.
    Last edited by Khragar; 2012-02-11 at 06:17 AM.

Our guild just has one healer stand with the tank on the claw and spawn the ball (after black phase) to the middle, so he pivots and is pointed away. We have healers stand somewhat 'centered' and heal the dps that go off on either side to dps the adds. So we essentially have three groups in different places WITH one healer; we also use defensive cooldowns. We did 7-7-5 for bounces I believe, otherwise you may not reach the enrage timer.