Thread: Ultrax DPS tips

Ultrax DPS tips

For the past week or so I have been reading my WoL reports finding clues to were I can improve my dps on ultraxtion currently as you can see in my sample WoL I will present I'm at 35k, but shadowcraft says I should be around 39/40k dps so I'm realistically missing out on around 3k dps however I dont understand why.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/b...e/?s=346&e=577

The way I see it is:
    1. Snd uptime 98% ok cool
    2. KS/ Adrenaline Rush both being maximized
    3. TotT uptime maximized
    4. Sinister Strike hits/Crits 78 and 37 respectfully to me this seems fine compared to other rogue logs I have read.
    5. Eviscerate hits/Crits 16 and 10 respectully again to me this seems fine compared to other rogue logs I have read.
    6. Revealing Strike hit/ Crits 21 and 7 respectfully this mirrors very closely the amount of Eviscerates I had so in line with the notation that rogue must cast a RvS before every Eviscerate.

Were could I be missing out on dps any suggestions please

Oh and heres is my gear http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/us...vk2IMcK2xZ01wB hit refresh from armory before anything
    “I’m tired of being crushed under the weight of greedy men who believe in nothing.” - Jax Teller

Adjust the settings to not include:

rupture
    combat potion
    pre-pot
    food buff
    and agility flask.

and make it so you use KS on CD (It's a dps increase according to shadwocraft)

Your dps comes within 2k of what you did. Whenever you're comparing sim dps to real world dps you have to make sure you adjust the settings to match what your log has.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jlcamero View Post
    For the past week or so I have been reading my WoL reports finding clues to were I can improve my dps on ultraxtion currently as you can see in my sample WoL I will present I'm at 35k, but shadowcraft says I should be around 39/40k dps so I'm realistically missing out on around 3k dps however I dont understand why.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/b...e/?s=346&e=577

The way I see it is:
    1. Snd uptime 98% ok cool
    2. KS/ Adrenaline Rush both being maximized
    3. TotT uptime maximized
    4. Sinister Strike hits/Crits 78 and 37 respectfully to me this seems fine compared to other rogue logs I have read.
    5. Eviscerate hits/Crits 16 and 10 respectully again to me this seems fine compared to other rogue logs I have read.
    6. Revealing Strike hit/ Crits 21 and 7 respectfully this mirrors very closely the amount of Eviscerates I had so in line with the notation that rogue must cast a RvS before every Eviscerate.

Were could I be missing out on dps any suggestions please

Oh and heres is my gear http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/us...vk2IMcK2xZ01wB hit refresh from armory before anything

Basically. ^ what he said. Also. Keep in mind with Ultraxion, the only way to get 100% accurate results is to log it yourself, at least from a 25 man perspective. I am unsure how Hour of Twilights affect WoL logs when only 2 people at a time are going in. If you're not logging for yourself, the only way you'll get near accurate results is by going into hours with the person who is logging. Fading lights always screw you up a bit as well.

Ultraxions is a Patchwerk like fight, not a true patchwerk fight. So your actual dps will always be lower than what it sims out to be on shadowcraft which is built around a perfect world IE: 6 minute standstill with 100% raid buffs accounted for and 0 ms as well as tricks cast on you on CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolard View Post
    Adjust the settings to not include:

rupture
    combat potion
    pre-pot
    food buff
    and agility flask.

and make it so you use KS on CD (It's a dps increase according to shadwocraft)

Your dps comes within 2k of what you did. Whenever you're comparing sim dps to real world dps you have to make sure you adjust the settings to match what your log has.
    Wow, I should of been checking my setings ty for the help makes sense now
    “I’m tired of being crushed under the weight of greedy men who believe in nothing.” - Jax Teller

Keep in mind you will lose dps each time you use Heroic Will. That aside I do still see a few places to improve.
    Most importantly, we don't cast RS before Evis 100% of the time. It looks like you are using RS at 3CP's each time, what you should be doing is using SS then if you end up at 4 CP's then RS if your glyph procs and you end up at 5 CP's just Evis without the RS.
    Ideally your RS and Evis count should be similar but you will have more Evis than RS's due to the proc.

I also noticed that you are waiting to KS until after each AR, it is better to KS first and then as soon as it is off CD. Also on the KS side you used it 3 times is all, but got 11 hits out of 15, not sure if that is due to Ultra dieing as you used the 3rd or hitting Will too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxis86 View Post
    Basically. ^ what he said. Also. Keep in mind with Ultraxion, the only way to get 100% accurate results is to log it yourself, at least from a 25 man perspective. I am unsure how Hour of Twilights affect WoL logs when only 2 people at a time are going in. If you're not logging for yourself, the only way you'll get near accurate results is by going into hours with the person who is logging. Fading lights always screw you up a bit as well.
    Well his log was LFR so theres a pretty good chance neither he nor the logger clicked their button at all. Maybe I'm wrong and I haven't done LFR in a while, but I remember pretty much the whole raid eating it every time because it was trivial damage (and/or people are lazy/don't know the mechanic).

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Well his log was LFR so theres a pretty good chance neither he nor the logger clicked their button at all. Maybe I'm wrong and I haven't done LFR in a while, but I remember pretty much the whole raid eating it every time because it was trivial damage (and/or people are lazy/don't know the mechanic).
    A rogue can pretty much eat every hour except for heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    A rogue can pretty much eat every hour except for heroic.
    Yeah and you can also cloak fading light and easily never touch the botton at all on normal. Completely irrelevant though because it is unknown if another rogue logged that.

If I recall correctly, it's only a DPS gain to use RVS if you land naturally on 4 CP, then RVS to get the 5th. Either wasting the CP from a RVS (doing RVS at 5 CP) or wasting the CP from SS glyph if it procs (RVS at <4CP) is a bigger DPS loss that the gain from RVS at all.

Quote Originally Posted by KidCanuck View Post
    If I recall correctly, it's only a DPS gain to use RVS if you land naturally on 4 CP, then RVS to get the 5th. Either wasting the CP from a RVS (doing RVS at 5 CP) or wasting the CP from SS glyph if it procs (RVS at <4CP) is a bigger DPS loss that the gain from RVS at all.
    You recall correctly. Though more importantly there were 26 total evis used and 28 total RvS used... regardless of whether or not he thought he should always have RvS up for evis, what in the world were those other 2 RvS used for...

Quote Originally Posted by KidCanuck View Post
    If I recall correctly, it's only a DPS gain to use RVS if you land naturally on 4 CP
    Ya I was under that assumption but when I started reading earlyer logs and saw my RvS number considerable lower than other rogues I just decidced to RvS earlyer to bring that number up however it seems I'm wrong so I will just go back to the other method.

Ya I was under that assumption but when I started reading earlyer logs and saw my RvS number considerable lower than other rogues I just decidced to RvS earlyer to bring that number up however it seems I'm wrong so I will just go back to the other method.
    Ok but that doesn't explain why you would RvS more than you used evis. Also when you were doing that before and coming up with less uses, were you using RvS at 4cp even if your next finisher was a SnD?

Only use RvS when you have 4cp and you're about to cast Evis, Also your DPS is perfectly fine for your gear level. Simcraft is putting you at 36,850 DPS on a Ultraxion 4 minute fight.

Quote Originally Posted by -Cynical- View Post
    Only use RvS when you have 4cp and you're about to cast Evis, Also your DPS is perfectly fine for your gear level. Simcraft is putting you at 36,850 DPS on a Ultraxion 4 minute fight.
    You can (and should) use RvS at 4cp before any finisher so long as the RvS debuff is not present on the target already and you will be able to get a 5pt evis in before the target dies or the debuff expires.

You can (and should) use RvS at 4cp before any finisher so long as the RvS debuff is not present on the target already and you will be able to get a 5pt evis in before the target dies or the debuff expires.
    Correct. I'm guessing this is why there were 28 RvS and 26 Evis, he RvS, used points on SnD, then RvS again the next cycle.

Question, why would u ever want to do a 4-5cp S&D? Isn't it more beneficial to just clip current S&D with 2-3 cp?

Quote Originally Posted by Mohammed View Post
    Correct. I'm guessing this is why there were 28 RvS and 26 Evis, he RvS, used points on SnD, then RvS again the next cycle.
    Except thats pointless as the debuff is already present in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by coolposter View Post
    Question, why would u ever want to do a 4-5cp S&D? Isn't it more beneficial to just clip current S&D with 2-3 cp?
    Well the main things are to not to let it drop and to not clip it too much, but I'm pretty sure 5cp SnD is more optimal due to RS. Though I think the first two things usually cause (in my experience) a less than 5cp SnD...
    Last edited by Sesshou; 2012-02-10 at 10:22 PM.