Page 7 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Selxxa View Post
    Honestly, your CPU seems like more of a bottleneck than your video card. I'd suggest upgrading your CPU and going up to 8GB of RAM.
    Trust me, there's no way he could get a reasonably priced upgrade to that CPU. High end Socket 775 quads are rarely available and expensive. It wouldn't even be worth it, he just needs to overclock it.

To that guy: also don't invest in 8GB if all your slots are filled, unless you get a seriously good deal. DDR2 isn't going to be a great purchase if you have to replace all your RAM.
    Last edited by tohyatvc; 2012-02-13 at 09:51 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    That should be more then enough for ultra settings and probably low shadow. Pop a 460 gtx and you can max that baby.
    I thought the hd 5850 is better than the gtx460.

If GW2 is anything like the games released in the past two years, it will have the following system requirements to play on low or medium settings:

2 GHz dual core CPU
    2 GB RAM
    Geforce 8600 GT / Radeon 3650 / something like that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post
    My references say it is.

Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post
    It is.
    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/315?vs=295

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Your wrong, the games you listed do not use umbra, and umbra is used in guildwars 2 it is a huge difference in optimization and will run better then thoes games, dont judge your benchmarking based on the graphics.
    Thats the point. Benchmark your PC in games that have much higher reqruiments that GW 2 should have.

I am already confident that my computer can NOT run GW2. Which puts the "if you have a dx11 gpu you will be fine" in the laughable statements. I could be wrong, but I highly doubt it.

But because I am curious, despite me 99% sure the answer would be no, here's mine.
    Ram: 4096mb
    CPU: AMD E-450 APU with Radeon HD Graphics (2 cpus) ~1.6ghz
    DirectX: DX11
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6320 integrated video card.

That's my set up. It plays WoW on medium at about 20 fps (11-15 in SW, 2 on Zon'ozz shadow phase), Rift on low-quality at 12-18 fps (3-8 during large invasions at boss phase). Takes about 10-15 seconds to load up characters in Rift when there are a large number (cities, invasions). But I can run GW1 on max settings and get about 30fps. All of this is at 1920x1080 resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    I am already confident that my computer can NOT run GW2. Which puts the "if you have a dx11 gpu you will be fine" in the laughable statements. I could be wrong, but I highly doubt it.

But because I am curious, despite me 99% sure the answer would be no, here's mine.

That's my set up. It plays WoW on medium at about 20 fps (11-15 in SW, 2 on Zon'ozz shadow phase), Rift on low-quality at 12-18 fps (3-8 during large invasions at boss phase). Takes about 10-15 seconds to load up characters in Rift when there are a large number (cities, invasions). But I can run GW1 on max settings and get about 30fps. All of this is at 1920x1080 resolution.
    No I'm afraid, if u are running WoW with low fps, i can't see how u should play GW2 with a 1920x1080 resolution

10+ Year Old Account

Would definitely upgrade the graphics card and CPU.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    I'm not sure. If in RIFT, I can't run the game in ultra settings without trying to get 30 fps then how do I know I will be able to get ultra on GW2, which arguably looks far better than RIFT.

PS. Why not get the Radeon HD 6990? Isn't that considered to be the best video card at the moment?
    Outside the good comments in response to your posts, keep in mind no one has anything substantial to base low end requirements on at this point, other than educated guessing. The gw2chart.jpg that is floating around is based off how the game ran during an alpha stage demo, back in 2010, on quad core machines, i5 760's with GTX 460 cards in them. See pages 1 through 4 where this information originated. The creator of the chart also used this hierarchy of video cards.

One main problem with the chart is the alpha build at the time (summer, 2010) may not have included all of the various graphic features, which will be available at release. Again, it was probably a lot less optimized than current builds might be too. This is a video linked here often, showing those machines with tons of players in a small area. Note the game was probably running at 1900 x 1080 resolution, or close, and it's on whatever the high settings were.

As for low end cards and machines, there are several things which suggest the game will be at least playable, though how it will look, I have no idea. To help with development, Anet has actually purchased old video cards from ebay to use to test the game. These were cards no longer in production, which at the time of the statement is something along the lines of the Nividia 7000, or 8000 series of cards, and the ATI X1 series. You can find this information on the site I linked to above.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Would definitely upgrade the graphics card and CPU.
    He's playing on a netbook. That CPU is Brazos, integrated graphics on die. It is a netbook chipset. Netbooks were never designed for gaming anyway.

External monitor connected to play on a netbook, no less.

Do you think mine would play it guys:

Intel Core i5-2500K @ 4.3GHz
    8GiB DDR3-1600
    Radeon 6950 2GB unlocked to 6970

Oh wait, I already know the answer
    Last edited by tohyatvc; 2012-02-14 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tohyatvc View Post
    He's playing on a netbook. That CPU is Brazos, integrated graphics on die. It is a netbook chipset. Netbooks were never designed for gaming anyway.

External monitor connected to play on a netbook, no less.

Do you think mine would play it guys:

Intel Core i5-2500K @ 4.3GHz
    8GiB DDR3-1600
    Radeon 6950 2GB unlocked to 6970

Oh wait, I already know the answer
    Actually, I am playing on an Acer Aspire desktop.

Actually, I am playing on an Acer Aspire desktop.
    Wow, they sold desktops with a netbook chipset. That's pretty low. I know about the nettops, the tiny little things, but I didn't realise there were full size machines sold with it.

Huh, found it: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Acer-Black...indow/17193273

I guess it's this one. Yeah, you won't be able to upgrade this, you'd need a new machine. It says it has a PCIe 16x slot, but I imagine the PSU in that is pathetic, and won't have any PCIe graphics power connectors. Even if you could get a great card in there, the CPU would be holding you back big time, and you already have the best CPU available in the Brazos line. It was designed for netbooks/low power/basic computing.
    Last edited by tohyatvc; 2012-02-14 at 01:56 PM.

I hope and pray my computer can play Guild Wars 2. Don't think I'll have the money for a new computer. I'm guessing that I won't be able to play it because of my processor. . . guessing that it will require a 2 ghz processor minimally. .. What do you think?

Windows 7
    AMD E-350 Processor 1.60ghz
    4gb RAM
    amd radeon hd 6310m

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gregorypoet View Post
    I hope and pray my computer can play Guild Wars 2. Don't think I'll have the money for a new computer. I'm guessing that I won't be able to play it because of my processor. . . guessing that it will require a 2 ghz processor minimally. .. What do you think?

Windows 7
    AMD E-350 Processor 1.60ghz
    4gb RAM
    amd radeon hd 6310m
    Very very very low if at all

10+ Year Old Account
    this saddens me
    Have you considered selling crack?
    You could buy quite the computer with the profits.

http://www.hardware.fi/artikkelit/ar..._d525_ja_ion_2

That article tests how the E-350 runs different games. It's in Finnish though, but the charts are understandable. Lord of the Rings Online is playable, for example.

Edit: The original article in English so no need to read gobbledygook:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...on-2,2905.html
    Last edited by Dilbon; 2012-02-14 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Have you considered selling crack?
    You could buy quite the computer with the profits.
    In my neighborhood in Chicago, the "crack dealer" position is overmanned by 750% ! Might get shot trying to break into the business. Better hope I get a job soon.

---------- Post added 2012-02-14 at 03:12 PM ----------

That article tests how the E-350 runs different games. It's in Finnish though, but the charts are understandable. Lord of the Rings Online is playable, for example.
    Interesting. Thanks for the link, going to check that out right now.

---------- Post added 2012-02-14 at 03:18 PM ----------

After looking at these test results, I'd like to think that if Lord of the Rings Online can play very well on the E-350, I might have a shot to play GW2, especiallly if I play on the lowest settings. Thanks again for that link1

mmmmm Where do I go to look up my system specs for this.

<--- not good with computers
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.