Page 11 of 66 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
21
61
... LastLast
  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Every time this gets bumped before the system requirements are out, a baby dies.
    And not even like an alien looking Asura baby, or a seed Sylvari baby. I mean one of these little guys.
    That thing dying is a bad thing?

  2. #202
    Tbh, yeah, I find this thread rather pointless. System requirements are not out, game not optimized yet (I REALLY hope that's the case, because ->), people with 6-core CPUs, tons of RAM and great videos reporting 30 fps, etc. And yet random people advice other people how the game would run on their PCs. I mean, for real?

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruak View Post
    Tbh, yeah, I find this thread rather pointless. System requirements are not out, game not optimized yet (I REALLY hope that's the case, because ->), people with 6-core CPUs, tons of RAM and great videos reporting 30 fps, etc. And yet random people advice other people how the game would run on their PCs. I mean, for real?
    (6cores are utilized in no games currently, that's why quad-cores are currently the most used and generally the best, as in, good quad cores are better for games than 6cores of the same price.)

    That thing dying is a bad thing?
    DON'T YOU HATE ON MAH CHARR BABBYS.
    (Yes, babbys. It's the only word I've picked up from Simon and Lewis that stuck.)

  4. #204
    If only every publisher/developer rolled out simple DIAG tools to run a check on their hardware specs.

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    That thing dying is a bad thing?
    Death to you, your offspring, and your offspring's offspring!
    6.0 Disc Priest Guide http://i.imgur.com/QbCmDc2l.jpg

  6. #206
    The Patient Maruii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    215
    Phenom II 1090T @ 4.2 Ghz
    Msi r lightning 6970 xfire @ 1045 core
    16 Gigs of vengeance 1866 Mhz
    Crosshair v Formula mobo
    Win7 64 bit
    Im hoping for good crosfire support, and a more balanced Gpu/cpu spread of workloads so the game wont be so limited like say wow.
    Last edited by Maruii; 2012-03-05 at 10:48 PM.
    Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.

    Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

  7. #207
    Will it run on a Acorn Archimedes? Is it Windows 3.1 compatible? Seriously if you already play games on your computer that are not 10 years old you should be fine, even if they where making it for high end computers upon start of development, those high end computers now are bottom rung if not lower then what is sold in stores now for $300, so unless your computer was barely mid grade 6 years ago which would put your computer older then Windows Vista then you don't have to worry to much.

  8. #208
    I'm going to bump this for people who have questions about this but can't find it with the search feature. Hopefully this will stay in the first page or two to prevent additional threads on the topic (not worth a sticky and if I sticky it nobody will read it ;_

  9. #209
    Edge, change the title to GW2 System Requirements, close the other threads. Then sticky this thread and remove the GW2 One Thread from the stickies.

    1. Changing this thread title will return more results in the search.
    2. Newcomers are more likely to search the phrase System Requirements than "The will my computer run GW2 thread". Too sloppy.
    3. Closing the other threads funnels this thread.
    4. The 'GW2 One Thread' is now a general chit-chat @ GW2 thread. We don't need it sticky as a relevant information dump- which there are 2 of already in the Video and Mass Info threads.
    5. Apologies for telling you how to do your job, but I am sorta awesome.
    6. <3s, dear.

  10. #210
    Mechagnome Selxxa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Halifax, NS
    Posts
    580
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Every time this gets bumped before the system requirements are out, a baby dies.
    And not even like an alien looking Asura baby, or a seed Sylvari baby. I mean one of these little guys.
    As cute as that is, I've been on the internet long enough to know that it was probably drawn for terrible purposes.
    We will stand above the city, rising high above the streets
    From tops of buildings we will look, at all that lies beneath our feet
    We will raise our hands above us, cold steel shining in the sun
    With these hands that will not bleed, my father's battle will be won!

    Drakkosh Zhysta Shivarra Tesela

  11. #211
    My laptop has fallowing hardware with Win7, 32bit
    • Intel Core 2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26, 2.27 GHz
    • 3GB RAM
    • NVidia GeForce 9600 GT 512MB(+1278 MB from RAM) total of 1790 MB

    Do you think I can run with low graphical settings? And there is another problem for me that is I can't play if FPS is under 40. Do you think I can run it over/at 40 FPS?

  12. #212
    AMD E-350 @ 1.6ghz.

    I'm gonna have to upgrade this.

    Question, though, how 'bad' will I be able to run it?

    6gb ram
    Radeon HD 6310

    I was able to get SWTOR to low/med (except for draw distance, thanks for not letting me lower that, Bioware!)
    Warcraft was med/high. I only really ran into issues with a certain Ultraxxion bug.....

    It's a Lenovo B575 laptop, btw.

    toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

  13. #213

  14. #214

  15. #215
    The Lightbringer Kickbuttmario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Posts
    3,015
    Oh just to mention, to those that don't know...

    You will need to approximately double the spec requirements of the recommended of any MMO to play it at its best quality. Trust me, even though I met the requirements for RIFT, I am still unable to play the game and raid with low settings with high fps.
    I am KickButtMario. I kick butt because I am Mario. The coolest, longest, living, protagonist out there in the video game industry.

    Currently playing WoW,, Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion and Dark Souls 2.

  16. #216
    Dreadlord Matrone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Under your bed >:)
    Posts
    870
    Win 7 ultimate
    Intel(R) Core (TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz 2.79 GHz
    8GB
    NVidia GTX550 Ti

    (what settings roughly)
    Last edited by Matrone; 2012-04-05 at 06:46 PM.

    'And all will burn beneath the shadow of my chin'

    Deathwing

  17. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Every time this gets bumped before the system requirements are out, a baby dies.
    And not even like an alien looking Asura baby, or a seed Sylvari baby. I mean one of these little guys.
    oooOOOOOOHHHHhh It's a Baybeee!!

  18. #218
    Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    2,745
    Greetings fellow MMOC'ers. My g/f did the "Can you run it?" for GW2 on her PC, and her computer failed... which SHOCKED both of us. Since it is because of the card (ATI Radeon 4200), what would you tech savy people suggest as far as affordable (under $100-150) upgrade?

    Also, I realize there may very well be a power supply issue as well with this upgrade, any and all suggestions will be welcome.


    ^Picture result from the can you run it page
    Last edited by theredviola; 2012-04-07 at 04:06 AM.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

  19. #219
    Quote Originally Posted by Matrone View Post
    Win 7 ultimate - Intel(R) Core (TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz 2.79 GHz - 8GB - NVidia GTX550 Ti - (what settings roughly)
    Should be High or better, I would say.

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-07 at 04:53 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    Greetings fellow MMOC'ers. My g/f did the "Can you run it?" for GW2 on her PC, and her computer failed... which SHOCKED both of us. Since it is because of the card (ATI Radeon 4200), what would you tech savy people suggest as far as affordable (under $100-150) upgrade?
    You should be able to land an nVidia 550Ti in that price range, and it should do reasonably well (maybe not ultra if lots of stuff is going on, but High settings should be OK).

    As you say, you may also need to replace the power supply - but be aware, many people will "overquote" the power supply you need. I'm using a 570GTX in my machine with a Core i7 2600K, it runs happily on a 550W (but don't get a "me too" 550W - it needs to be a good, reliable HONEST 550W).

  20. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    Greetings fellow MMOC'ers. My g/f did the "Can you run it?" for GW2 on her PC, and her computer failed... which SHOCKED both of us. Since it is because of the card (ATI Radeon 4200), what would you tech savy people suggest as far as affordable (under $100-150) upgrade?

    Also, I realize there may very well be a power supply issue as well with this upgrade, any and all suggestions will be welcome.


    ^Picture result from the can you run it page
    AMD Radeon HD 6850
    http://www.amd.com/us/products/deskt...verview.aspx#3

    Make sure your computer can run it, however. (Power supply, motherboard, all that stuff)
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-04-07 at 07:30 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •