Page 11 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    AMD E-350 @ 1.6ghz.

I'm gonna have to upgrade this.

Question, though, how 'bad' will I be able to run it?

6gb ram
    Radeon HD 6310

I was able to get SWTOR to low/med (except for draw distance, thanks for not letting me lower that, Bioware!)
    Warcraft was med/high. I only really ran into issues with a certain Ultraxxion bug.....

It's a Lenovo B575 laptop, btw.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh just to mention, to those that don't know...

You will need to approximately double the spec requirements of the recommended of any MMO to play it at its best quality. Trust me, even though I met the requirements for RIFT, I am still unable to play the game and raid with low settings with high fps.

Deleted
    Win 7 ultimate
    Intel(R) Core (TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz 2.79 GHz
    8GB
    NVidia GTX550 Ti

(what settings roughly)
    Last edited by mmocb423f40a80; 2012-04-05 at 06:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Every time this gets bumped before the system requirements are out, a baby dies.
    And not even like an alien looking Asura baby, or a seed Sylvari baby. I mean one of these little guys.
    oooOOOOOOHHHHhh It's a Baybeee!!

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Greetings fellow MMOC'ers. My g/f did the "Can you run it?" for GW2 on her PC, and her computer failed... which SHOCKED both of us. Since it is because of the card (ATI Radeon 4200), what would you tech savy people suggest as far as affordable (under $100-150) upgrade?

Also, I realize there may very well be a power supply issue as well with this upgrade, any and all suggestions will be welcome.

^Picture result from the can you run it page
    Last edited by theredviola; 2012-04-07 at 04:06 AM.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Quote Originally Posted by Matrone View Post
    Win 7 ultimate - Intel(R) Core (TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz 2.79 GHz - 8GB - NVidia GTX550 Ti - (what settings roughly)
    Should be High or better, I would say.

---------- Post added 2012-04-07 at 04:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    Greetings fellow MMOC'ers. My g/f did the "Can you run it?" for GW2 on her PC, and her computer failed... which SHOCKED both of us. Since it is because of the card (ATI Radeon 4200), what would you tech savy people suggest as far as affordable (under $100-150) upgrade?
    You should be able to land an nVidia 550Ti in that price range, and it should do reasonably well (maybe not ultra if lots of stuff is going on, but High settings should be OK).

As you say, you may also need to replace the power supply - but be aware, many people will "overquote" the power supply you need. I'm using a 570GTX in my machine with a Core i7 2600K, it runs happily on a 550W (but don't get a "me too" 550W - it needs to be a good, reliable HONEST 550W).

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post

Also, I realize there may very well be a power supply issue as well with this upgrade, any and all suggestions will be welcome.

^Picture result from the can you run it page
    AMD Radeon HD 6850
    http://www.amd.com/us/products/deskt...verview.aspx#3

Make sure your computer can run it, however. (Power supply, motherboard, all that stuff)
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-04-07 at 07:30 AM.

At this point it seems like that'll have a lot to do with how well the optimize the game. I've heard from a *ton* of people that it runs like ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazajin View Post
    Hey as I've seen people wondering whether their computer will run Guild Wars 2 I decided to make a thread about it to save people asking in different threads so to see whether it'll run it post your specs here and hopefully we'll get answers to start here's my spec:

Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit
    RAM (Memory) : 4GB
    CPUProcessor): AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ 2.2GHz
    Direct X:11 (I can't run it but it says I have it o_O)
    GPU (Graphics card): Nvidia GeForce 9500GT

If you don't know how to find your specs go on to the start menu on Windows and on search type in "Dxdiag"

I hope this thread helps people.
    You should b able to run GW2 but on lower settings. I am confident you will not be able to run GW2 on Max settings with your current setup. which is unfortunate because the looks is half the game. might be time for an upgrade chief

i7 2600 3.4ghz / 8 gigs Gskill Sniper 1333mhz and Nvidia GTX 570. I already know my setup can run max settings with 60fps.

10+ Year Old Account
    May as well check mine on here also.

Windows 7 home 32-bit (I have a 64-bit also that has not been used until I get more ram later).
    AMD Phenom 9500 Quad-Core 2.2 GHz
    3072 MD Ram
    DirectX 11
    Running at 1920x1200
    Diamond 6570PE31G Radeon HD 6570 Video Card

So how would that run?
    Last edited by Tholl; 2012-04-09 at 05:39 PM.
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

I would be very very grateful if anyone could tell me wether I would need to upgrade my pc for gw2. What i am expecting are good frame rates, since I always turn down shadows and particles for the sake of performance. I know ofc that more crowded areas are a bigger strain but that doesn't bother me much. Anyways, can this pc run it at like medium settings?

i3 dual core at 3.0ghz
    8gb ram
    msi gtx 560

thanks in advance

Just an FYI, there is no finalized system requirements, but this is a good start: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx

According to this website: http://guildwars2pc.com/guild-wars-2...-requirements/
    - Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or better
    - Intel® Core™ 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3, AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 or better
    - NVIDIA GeForce 7800, ATI Radeon X1800, Intel HD 3000 or better (257MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better)
    - 25 GB available HDD space
    - Broadband Internet connection
    - Keyboard and mouse
    Guild Wars 2 FAQ: http://guildwars2.com/en/the-game/game-faq/#thirteen

What are the system requirements for Guild Wars 2?

The system requirements haven't been finalized, but just as with the original Guild Wars series, we're committed to creating a beautiful game that will play great on mid-range gaming PCs.

Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
    RAM (Memory) : 4GB
    CPU(Processor): Intel Core i7-2630QM CPU 2.00GHz
    Direct X 11
    Graphics card: Radeon HD 6770M

How well will it run my beloved GW2?

10+ Year Old Account
    RAM: 4GB
    CPU (Processor): Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600k CPU 3.40HHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series

Am i going to be fine?

throw some love to our questions, oh you of greater knowlege on gw2 specs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuku65 View Post
    systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx
    go there
    The site you mention says i can run the game, but game-debate.com says i can't run the game, also there's a sheet on the first page, that says my gfx card can run the game on very low, but who can i trust? My system is Core 2 Duo T7300 2.0 GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, GeForce 8600M GT. Should i be able to play on low settings? My display is 1440x900, maybe on a lower resolution?

anyone that did frapsing at 1080p? would 2500k+7950 do?

10+ Year Old Account
    yes it will run on my computer