Page 13 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    @SwiftdreamzAMV

Maybe turn down your volume :P ? Sounds like it's your processor and/or video card fans. I've heard reports of video cards whose fans make a lot of noise when they're working hard, specifically iin the early releases of the 6900s series. Try disabling all your other fans (if you know how to open your case and do so) aside from your processor and video card fans (which you can't really disable nowadays anyway) and determine if the noise is coming from them.
    allright thanks will do that, but im sure its the graphic card fans or the proccesor, anyways is there a way to reduce the speed of the fan? of proccesor and the graphic card not my regular ones?.

+ i wanna try to put my finger in the fan and see if it its that one can the fan break or something?

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftdreamzAMV View Post
    allright thanks will do that, but im sure its the graphic card fans or the proccesor, anyways is there a way to reduce the speed of the fan? of proccesor and the graphic card not my regular ones?.

+ i wanna try to put my finger in the fan and see if it its that one can the fan break or something?
    You might not break it if you don't hold it for more than 1-2 seconds, but there's a lot less brutal and invasive ways to do this hahahaa. What type of graphics card do you have, Nvidia or ATI?

Here's a guide for Nvidia: http://www.guru3d.com/article/rivatu...erclock-guide/

Deleted
    You might not break it if you don't hold it for more than 1-2 seconds, but there's a lot less brutal and invasive ways to do this hahahaa. What type of graphics card do you have, Nvidia or ATI?

Here's a guide for Nvidia: http://www.guru3d.com/article/rivatu...erclock-guide/

what if my finger gets chopped off .. , anyways i think its ATI..?

Sapphire radeaon HD 6900 - series ( 6970 6980 cant rember )
    From his earlier post.
    So ATI.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    From his earlier post.
    So ATI.
    hehe yeah i guess.. thanks

hehe yeah i guess.. thanks
    Catalyst Control Center™ Fan speed control

This release of the ATI software driver version 8.54 introduces the ability for users to control the speed of the GPU fan when running in accelerated graphics.

----------------------------------

Try this topic: http://www.tech-forums.net/pc/f10/ho...centre-244940/

I don't have an ATI card so I dunno how the ATI Control Center looks nowadays, it's gone through a lot of changes over the years.

Deleted
    Catalyst Control Center™ Fan speed control

This release of the ATI software driver version 8.54 introduces the ability for users to control the speed of the GPU fan when running in accelerated graphics.

----------------------------------

Try this topic: http://www.tech-forums.net/pc/f10/ho...centre-244940/

I don't have an ATI card so I dunno how the ATI Control Center looks nowadays, it's gone through a lot of changes over the years.
    Yeah seems like they have changed it and after a while i was able to find AMD overdrive tab but it dosnt show about fans maybe they have removed that feature , it only says ON / OFF to overclock/overdrive the graphic card.. baah ill do some research if i can

---------- Post added 2012-04-11 at 02:52 PM ----------

Yeah seems like they have changed it and after a while i was able to find AMD overdrive tab but it dosnt show about fans maybe they have removed that feature , it only says ON / OFF to overclock/overdrive the graphic card.. baah ill do some research if i can
    wow hold on i went a bit further on Graphiccard overdrive and it says the fans on the graphic cards are on 22% ... wtf? and now i turned them up to 100% and they started making alot of noise.. well i guess its best if i keep em at lowesta and when im gaming around 70%?
    Last edited by mmocaedbdc5df2; 2012-04-11 at 02:53 PM.

Today's graphics cards are made to function efficiently, so that if you're writing a Word document the fan won't run as fast as fast as if you were playing BF3. That's why it's only spinning at 22% while you're browsing the forums.

Limiting the speed at 70% is a good idea if you want to reduce noise, but it's not so good for your card's cooling. If you're gonna do it, reduce to Low or disable options like Shadows and Bloom from your game options, or your card may suffer from overheat issues and a) you will have graphic stuttering in your games b) you will kill your card faster.

---------- Post added 2012-04-11 at 03:24 PM ----------

If you know someone who is knowledgeable in these things, you can also attempt to replace the heat sink and fan on your graphics card. Replacing a 6900 series is out of the question just for a fan issue. Or you can attempt the replacement yourself, there are plenty of tutorials online on how to replace heat sinks on graphics cards.

If you know a specialized computer shop, you can also ask them if they'll do the installation for you, assuming the labor fees + the new fan cost don't go too high.

I'm confident I'll be able to run the game fine, but a few friends have graphics such as intel 3000. Since this is basically the lowest you can go to run the game, will they even be able to play? Their concern isn't over higher settings, just lowest possible settings and bearable fps.

Not too sure if this is the right stuff to post buuut anyway;

Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 955 Processor 3.20GHz
    Ram: 8gb
    Graphics card: GTX 550ti Asus overclocked edition

Would my computer run it on a 1920x1080 screen at a decent fps?

@Nachosushi (awesome name btw)
    Absolutely. If anything you may have to reduce shadow quality, otherwise your computer's a beast.

Hey guys,

I have a much better gaming rig at home but I am away on business until May, so I am wondering how well my work laptop will play the beta.

2010 15" Macbook Pro (running Windows 7 bootcamp)

Core i7 620M 2.66 GHz
    4GB RAM
    Nvidia GT 330M (usually overclock it only when gaming)
    15" screen (native resolution 1440x900)

How well do you think this laptop will suffice until I can finally play it on my rig at home? Thanks

@Nachosushi (awesome name btw)
    Absolutely. If anything you may have to reduce shadow quality, otherwise your computer's a beast.
    I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a beast. :P
    The 550ti is a pretty mediocre 130$ card.
    Should be fine running the game at decent settings with decent FPS, though, probably won't have to lower much beyond shadows and anti-aliasing like ragnarok said.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a beast. :P
    The 550ti is a pretty mediocre 130$ card.
    Should be fine running the game at decent settings with decent FPS, though, probably won't have to lower much beyond shadows and anti-aliasing like ragnarok said.
    I was thinking about upgrading to a GTX 570 soon, how well would it run after I get the 570?

Recently got myself a pretty fine quality gaming PC. First build I've ever put together by hand from parts I chose myself. I'm fully aware this machine will run Guild Wars 2, what I'm really curious about is the kind of frame rates I'd be getting with maxed settings.

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560 Ti 448 1280MB
    500gb HDD
    128gb SSD (I'll load GW2 onto this)
    8GB DDR3 duel channel RAM
    Corsair TX650W V2 PSU
    ASRock Extreme4 Gen3 motherboard
    Samsung S23B350H 23" LED HDMI D-Sub 2ms monitor (1920 x 1080 res)
    Intel i5 2500k CPU

It's well looked after, cooling wise. Never steps above 33celcius, even during heavy gaming.

Reckon this will run the game on full ultra@60frames/sec?

Quote Originally Posted by Nachosushi View Post
    I was thinking about upgrading to a GTX 570 soon, how well would it run after I get the 570?
    There's no way of really telling before the game is optimized, released, and people start testing,
    but seeing as my 560ti can max almost any game currently out with AA turned down to 2x or 4x and get 60FPS, I don't see why the 570 would struggle with GW2 seeing as it's a bit better than the 560ti.

Deleted
    what about my laptop?

intel core i3 CPU m370 2.40ghz (4cpus)
    Nvidia geforce GT540M Cuda 2gb vram
    4gb ram ddr3
    640 gb hdd

i'm planning to run it at 1360x768 or 1280x768 no shadows, no AA, no vsync

thank you in advance
    Last edited by mmoc5f02734cbb; 2012-04-12 at 05:06 PM.

Why not. Just for giggles.

Intel i5 2500k
    8 gig RAM
    Win 7 64 Bit
    EVGA 560ti

Will it run it? XD

Deleted
    Can a ATI radeon 6870 + AMD phenom 2 x4 965 run it fairly well?

Quote Originally Posted by Scythax View Post
    Recently got myself a pretty fine quality gaming PC. First build I've ever put together by hand from parts I chose myself. I'm fully aware this machine will run Guild Wars 2, what I'm really curious about is the kind of frame rates I'd be getting with maxed settings.

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560 Ti 448 1280MB
    500gb HDD
    128gb SSD (I'll load GW2 onto this)
    8GB DDR3 duel channel RAM
    Corsair TX650W V2 PSU
    ASRock Extreme4 Gen3 motherboard
    Samsung S23B350H 23" LED HDMI D-Sub 2ms monitor (1920 x 1080 res)
    Intel i5 2500k CPU

It's well looked after, cooling wise. Never steps above 33celcius, even during heavy gaming.

Reckon this will run the game on full ultra@60frames/sec?
    60fps ultra would need 580+, probably 7970/680