Page 14 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by purefury View Post
    60fps ultra would need 580+, probably 7970/680
    LOL.
    .. what gives you that idea?
    I get 60FPS ultra on BF3 with a 560ti if I turn down anti-aliasing and shadows slightly.. are you saying that GW2 will be harder to run than BF3? Quite unlikely. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    LOL.
    I get 60FPS ultra on BF3 with a 560ti if I turn down anti-aliasing and shadows slightly.. are you saying that GW2 will be harder to run than BF3? Quite unlikely. >.>
    Hey! I get all sorts of jumpy black lines in the same game (with the same card) when I like look through a sniper scope. =X HALP!

So I er..wonder how that will uhm..work in GW2
    <.<
    >.>
    Last edited by GetWithIT; 2012-04-12 at 07:20 PM. Reason: made it OT

Think this will be able to run it on high?
    Athlon II X2 260(3.2GHz)/ 4GB DDR3/ 1TB HDD/ AMD Radeon HD 6450 (1 GB)/ Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    I'm at work!

LOL.
    That was my thoughts exactly, especially considering my card is the 448 core varient from gigabyte, so it actually runs even better than the 560ti. I play BF3 online with ~everything~ at ultra, including AA and shadows, and even on the 64player outdoor maps it never drops below 55fps.

I'd be seriously concerned for the future of GW2 as a product if it were so poorly optimized that it ran harder than BF3.

Quote Originally Posted by Scythax View Post
    That was my thoughts exactly, especially considering my card is the 448 core varient from gigabyte, so it actually runs even better than the 560ti. I play BF3 online with ~everything~ at ultra, including AA and shadows, and even on the 64player outdoor maps it never drops below 55fps.

I'd be seriously concerned for the future of GW2 as a product if it were so poorly optimized that it ran harder than BF3.
    bf3 is exception to most games that works pretty well on 560i/570/580. im sure gw2 will do 60fps on 560ti on some nice settings, but not with everything on ultra, especially with >50ppl and long view distance etc.
    even wow wont do 60 in a crowd on ultra dx11.

bf3 is exception to most games that works pretty well on 560i/570/580. im sure gw2 will do 60fps on 560ti on some nice settings, but not with everything on ultra, especially with >50ppl and long view distance etc.
    even wow wont do 60 in a crowd on ultra dx11.
    http://i.imgur.com/ml7un.jpg 84 FPS, 25man raid, 'in a crowd'.
    http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...711_185248.jpg
    Can't see exactly what my FPS was there, looks like 52 in the middle of combat with plenty of addons on.

And as I said, had over 100FPS in both SWTOR and rift both had over 100 FPS while questing and in town (which is all I did in that game) so I doubt it would be much less than 60 in a raid environment.
    But yes, I'm sure 'bf3 is the exception' *rolls eyes*

Something is wrong on the Internet!

Delias is here to save the day.

http://i.imgur.com/ml7un.jpg 84 FPS, 25man raid, 'in a crowd'.
    http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...711_185248.jpg
    Can't see exactly what my FPS was there, looks like 52 in the middle of combat with plenty of addons on.

And as I said, had over 100FPS in both SWTOR and rift both had over 100 FPS while questing and in town (which is all I did in that game) so I doubt it would be much less than 60 in a raid environment.
    But yes, I'm sure 'bf3 is the exception' *rolls eyes*
    first, 25ppl standing in this area not casting spells and not mounted. without water nearby etc. that is not what i could honestly call '60fps on ultra'. especially there is no dx11 effects visible there.
    second is a good fps fight, unlike ultraxion or madness. but as you said, its 50fps average, not 60.

from what we have seen gw2 have much better gfx and beta have ultra settings blocked, that should mean the 50fps will go down to 30-40.

and yes bf3 is an exception. unlike crysis2, dirt 3, shogun or metro 2033 it has good fps, especially on nv5xx.

first, 25ppl standing in this area not casting spells and not mounted. without water nearby etc. that is not what i could honestly call '60fps on ultra'. especially there is no dx11 effects visible there.
    second is a good fps fight, unlike ultraxion or madness. but as you said, its 50fps average, not 60.

from what we have seen gw2 have much better gfx and beta have ultra settings blocked, that should mean the 50fps will go down to 30-40.

and yes bf3 is an exception. unlike crysis2, dirt 3, shogun or metro 2033 it has good fps, especially on nv5xx.
    Meh.
    You also have to factor in the fact that MMOs are not FPSs, and you do not notice the difference between 40 and 60FPS. (unless it's your processor lowering your FPS, as that is more noticeable than video card FPS lag in MMOs)
    And I didn't say 25people standing relatively still was '60fps on ultra', I said 25people standing relatively still was '84fps on ultra'.
    In combat the lowest I've ever noticed in 25man raids has been 25FPS, and that was when Ultraxion was bugged and people were DCing like mad so hardly counts. (Also not counting when I was screen sharing and frapsing madness. Lol.)
    I doubt GW2 will be so badly optimized that a computer that can get around 60+FPS at all times (besides random factors, like Ultraxion) with everything on ultra in other MMOs (as I said, didn't drop below 60 in rift or SWTOR either, besides one terribly optimized cave in swtor that randomly dropped me to 30 even though I had 100+ EVERYWHERE else I went in that game. Point is the wow = toasters argument doesn't work) will be unable to get 50-60FPS in GW2 at most times, with maybe AA/shadows turned down slightly (besides large team battles, we need to see what they do about those.)

Meh.
    You also have to factor in the fact that MMOs are not FPSs, and you do not notice the difference between 40 and 60FPS. (unless it's your processor lowering your FPS, as that is more noticeable than video card FPS lag in MMOs)
    i agree that fps above 40 in stress is still great and everything else below, but i answered precise question as i understood it: will 570 play gw2 on max details with 60fps. imo it will not be possible, unless max settings are strongly limited.
    if he asked will it play good fps with high details my answer would be: surely

i agree that fps above 40 in stress is still great and everything else below, but i answered precise question as i understood it: will 570 play gw2 on max details with 60fps. imo it will not be possible, unless max settings are strongly limited.
    if he asked will it play good fps with high details my answer would be: surely
    Fair enough, I guess the question should be reworded not your answer.
    Even the 680 won't get a constant 60FPS if enough people are concentrated in one spot in WvW, I'm sure.

I do agree my initial question was poorly worded. It's pretty much impossible to get 60fps across the board in ANY mmo, simply because there are so many multiplitive factors at play in terms of player count, spell effect count, shadow shaders being used, etc. I wouldn't expect my card to sit idle on 60fps in GW2, but it would be good to know if it will comfortably sit in the 40-60 range if I had all settings maxed out (except perhaps shadows, I don't ~need~ that to be topped off) without wandering out of that range. On my old pc, I got very used to raiding DS25 in like 7fps, which was abysmal, and I really REALLY never want to return to that kind of environment again in a game like GW2, especially on a computer I very recently built SPECIFICALLY to play GW2 on. I can comfortably play at anything as low as 30fps. I'd just prefer knowing I don't have to.

(PS I would use the linked sites to see for sure where my pc stands interms of recommended specs, but currently I can't access my gaming pc to do so)
    Last edited by Kalmakk; 2012-04-13 at 08:28 AM.

Forgive me, I know nothing of computers. Would I be able to run GW2 on this computer?
    http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/l...NP700Z3A-S06US

Quote Originally Posted by Scythax View Post
    (PS I would use the linked sites to see for sure where my pc stands interms of recommended specs, but currently I can't access my gaming pc to do so)
    There are no recommended specs for the game yet,
    any websites linked will just tell you whether or not you meed the minimum.
    And I can't imagine you not being able to play with a comfortable FPS in gw2, besides possibly having to lower AA/shadows.
    If a 560ti doesn't get decent FPS on mostly ultra settings, it will mean that more average PCs won't get decent FPS on low, which I doubt anet intends.
    Considering games that won't even run on my laptop (bf3) don't dip below 60FPS on my 560ti, GW2 having below 40FPS on it would mean that average-lower end PCs would be beyond screwed.

Will this run it on Really good settings?
    Quad phenom 955 clocked at 3.6ghz
    560 ti
    ddr3 8gb ram

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antherios View Post
    2. Im buying a new super pc around December, but could you recommend me the best value upgrade for my current shitty pc?
    by that i mean, the upgrade that will make my games (GW2, Rift, WoW, etc) run better than now, with the less amount of money investment.

Thank you in advance ;P
    It depends how do you plan upgrade your comp in future. Both your graphic card and processor arnt best for MMOs imo. There is no rly cheap upgrade, its either processor + motherboard, or graphic card or both and no1 will be rly cheap if you want see difference and not change that part in few months.

As you said you planing on build powerfull rig I guess you will go with Intel processor. In that case, as for now I would sugest something like that:

- get motherboard which support Ivy Bridge processors - one which you wont change it in future - get to that Pentium G860 processor (its Pentium based on Sandy Bridge and its still visible faster then your Athlon), in december you can change that Pentium processor on Ivy Bridge one and maybe sell Pentium to get some bucks back - its more expensive option, but you wont need buy motherboard in future and you will see difference in performance compared to your current processor.
    or
    - get cheapest motherboard which support Pentium G860 plus that processor - change both in December - its cheapest option and you will see difference compared to your processor but you will want change both parts for new comp.

Check this site for best bang for buck perts in differnt price ranges - http://www.hardware-revolution.com/

Deleted
    amd x6 1090t 3.3ghz
    8gb gskill dd3ram 1600mhz
    oz agility ssd
    ati radeon 6950

can i run with this on max settings?

Deleted
    Just to clarify (for everyone):

No one can tell how well you can run the game. Nobody know what specs are required for good / high / ultra / best / max / super graphics. All we (well, they, the ones who are actually knowledgeable) can really tell is whether or not your computer passes the minimum specs. Everything else will have to wait until ArenaNet announces the recommended settings.