Page 15 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Just to clarify (for everyone):

No one can tell how well you can run the game. Nobody know what specs are required for good / high / ultra / best / max / super graphics. All we (well, they, the ones who are actually knowledgeable) can really tell is whether or not your computer passes the minimum specs. Everything else will have to wait until ArenaNet announces the recommended settings.
    You're a noble toaster.
    I look forward to the day when we draw steel together and venture into the great yonder to see by what fate fortune will dare to challenge us.

Deleted

No one can tell how well you can run the game. Nobody know what specs are required for good / high / ultra / best / max / super graphics. All we (well, they, the ones who are actually knowledgeable) can really tell is whether or not your computer passes the minimum specs. Everything else will have to wait until ArenaNet announces the recommended settings.
    As addition, some footage from Beta tests (GW2 Insiders one come to mind) have info about comp spec on which footage was recorded. So that can give soem rough idea how your system could perfom IN BETA of game. In relase version it might be differnt depending how good optimalisation is in beta.

Its looks like this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBaZyEUSwx0 at end of video you have comp spec. But no info about game settings (as far as I know beta is limited to High settings as maximum anyway
    Last edited by mmoc3219a733ae; 2012-04-13 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Added example of video with comp spec

There will be some in the community who may have a reasonably good idea on what specs may be required for certain settings - or, perhaps, better to say, they will have first hand experience on how the client ran on a particular set of hardware - but are unable to let others know at this point due to the NDA they're under - which effectively means you're spot on the money, Jigain

Folks, to put things into a different perspective - in the next couple of weeks, there will be plenty of players participating in a BWE with all sorts of hardware. Once that weekend is over, I am sure many will be able to comment first hand on how the client ran on their machine, and also will be able to specify exactly what that hardware is. In the meantime, the wisest advice I could give you is to hold onto your cash, and make no upgrades now - prices on computer components almost always come down, and if you wait, analyse the performance and specs of those in the BWE, you can then make informed decisions about what needs upgrading in your rig, if anything.

You will be almost guaranteed to have a minimum of 4, and likely several more weeks after the first BWE in which to analyse, and decide, and purchase any upgrades you're planning on

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melandra View Post
    amd x6 1090t 3.3ghz
    8gb gskill dd3ram 1600mhz
    oz agility ssd
    ati radeon 6950

can i run with this on max settings?
    There's nothing wrong with your 6950 and the 8gb ram, although i dont have any experience with the 1090t, so i can't assure you if you're able to play it on max settings but high settings shouldnt be a problem.

---------- Post added 2012-04-13 at 03:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kamikrazy View Post
    Will this run it on Really good settings?
    Quad phenom 955 clocked at 3.6ghz
    560 ti
    ddr3 8gb ram
    I assume "really good settings" is between high and ultra, then you don't have a thing to worry about for sure.

------------------
    i5 2500k @3.8Ghz
    8gb ram 1333
    Ati 7970
    and using a 27" Asus monitor, just couldnt resist to post it but man im gonna enjoy playing gw2
    Last edited by mmoc3ca5f57876; 2012-04-13 at 03:19 PM.

Can My Computer Handle It?

CPU
    Minimum: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or better
    You Have: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 840T Processor
    PASS

CPU Speed
    Minimum: Info
    You Have: 2.9 GHz

Bios Name
    Minimum: Info
    You Have:
    Name: BIOS Date: 09/07/10 09:56:31 Ver: 6.09
    Version: American Megatrends Inc. 6.09
    Click here for the latest BIOS updates.

OS
    Minimum: Windows XP Service Pack 2 or better
    You Have: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
    PASS Click here for the latest Windows drivers.

Video Card
    Minimum: Nvidia GeForce 7800, ATI Radeon X1800, Intel HD 3000 or better
    You Have: ATI Radeon HD 5450 PASS

Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card
    Required You Have
    Pixel Shader version 3.0 You have 5.0
    Vertex Shader version 3.0 You Have 5.0
    Dedicated Video RAM 256 MB You have 512 MB

Sound Card
    Minimum: Yes
    You Have: ATI High Definition Audio Device
    PASS

Free Disk Space
    Minimum: 25 GB
    You Have: 648.5 GB
    PASS

is this site reliable? and any advice if my computer can handle it?

Deleted
    *snippidisnip*
    Last edited by mmoc2f42a3101f; 2012-04-14 at 11:03 AM.

I would recommend a better video card
    The most important thing to realize is, no matter what you experience you are never alone; no matter what you are struggling through, there is always someone who is more unfortunate.

It's Ok to Be Takei (Rank 35/ Fractal Level 22)

I did the link and it says I can run it but I just want to know what settings do you think it can run on.

Intel Core i7 Q840 1.87GHz (8 CPUs) ~1.9GHz
    6GB Memory (1x 2GB, 1x 4GB DDR3)
    Dual 1024 MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 with ATI CrossFireX
    640GB Raid 0 (2x 320GB 7,200RPM HDDs)

Also my laptop has a turbo mode but I don't really know if it's automatic or manual. Never really touched it O_o (3.20GHz Turbo Mode, 8M Cache)
    Last edited by GG4Eva; 2012-04-14 at 06:05 PM.

Deleted
    AMD Phenom 965 II X4 BE Edition overclocked to 3.7ghz
    (crossfired) 2 x ATI HD 6850 1GB (overclocked)
    Kingston HyperX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz C9 Dual Channel Kit
    Crucial M4 128GB Harddrive.

hp pavilion dv6 6b47dx laptop:

RAM: 8GB
    CPU: 2.4GHz/1.5GHz VISION A8 Technology from AMD with AMD Quad-Core A8-3500M Accelerated Processor
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6620G Discrete-Class Graphics

How will I do with GW2?

Deleted
    For the last time, all we know is the minimum requirments, and so do you, stop asking for anything else until we know more.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    For the last time, all we know is the minimum requirments, and so do you, stop asking for anything else until we know more.
    Yeah, seems like a whole lot of absolutely pointless speculation until we get recommended requirements and the game is optimized.

Although, I'd expect we'll know a hell of a lot more soon when the BWE (Beta Weekend Event) starts. I know I'll be there

I'm pretty sure mine won't have any issues.

Windows 7 64-Bit
    Intel i7 2600k OC to 4.3GHz
    8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 RAM 1600MHz
    XFX Radeon HD 6970
    Crucial M4 SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    That thing dying is a bad thing?
    Never liked charr anyways. If the engine is anything like the 1st guild wars it wont take a whole lot to play. (and still look good)
    Last edited by Keiios; 2012-04-15 at 03:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    AMD x4 925 @ 2.8ghz
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 550 Ti
    4GB Memory ddr3 1333

Quote Originally Posted by Keiios View Post
    Never liked charr anyways
    Oh wow, quote of something like 5 pages back. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    RAM: 4GB
    CPU: i5 M430 @ 2.27GHZ
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTS 360m
    DX 11
    Windows 7

Add me on LoL: jries
    Add me on XBL: jries1

Deleted
    So:

Windows 64
    4Gigs of ram
    AMD Phenom II x6 1055T at 2.8GHz
    And a HD Radeon 6900 series as a graphics card.
    I run with two monitors (Using one for the game) and the resolution I use for most games is 1680x1050, Windowed (Fullscreen) if possible.
    Sorry if this doesn't sound very good! :P

Would I be able to run the game decently, or just at low settings? Since we only know the minimum specs, wondering if anyone can do a speculation.

I'm probably going to be laughed at, but here they are:
    Operating System:Windows XP Professional(5.1, Build 2600)
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium (R) Dual CPU E2200 @2.20GHz (2CPUs)
    DirectX: 9
    Graphics: Radeon HD 3450
    RAM: 3 GB

I know, terrible. I might get a new graphics card this week. Any idea how bad this'll look on my computer?
    Edit: Also, any idea on how I can improve my computer?
    Thanks for any help.