Page 47 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Dual as in cards? Its a setting in your graphics settings, not in game. But having 2 always helps.

As for me I have
    Cpu: Intel core i7, 2.4
    Ram: 8GB
    GC: Nvidia Evga Classified GTX 590 (dual card in one) has 768-bit (384-bit per GPU), 3,072MB of GDDR5

ANd with updated drivers (it should tell you when you login to GW2 if your drivers work with the game) It runs on max settings all high and ultra, and i even have another program that pushes the textures to 32x anti-aliasing, and the texture depth (lod) up or down (forces bump mapping) and with that today up to date on GW2 updates it runs at a solid 62-58 fps. runs like a dream. Only place i get any drop so far is the "heart of the mist" with 40+ people running around doing all there spells...i drop to 46-39..

---------- Post added 2012-08-21 at 09:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drewan View Post
    Okay I have a question, back in the beta I managed to run Guild Wars 2 very smoothly with custom graphic setting (between medium and high) yet with this latest stress test my fps drops down to 10-15 unless I'm on the lowest of settings, did they up the requirements or soemthing?
    Yeah for this it might have been the stress test, but it depends one what bate, I had a few problems my self, in some of them they seam to be still tweeking the graphics in-game. So, wait and see, it should fix it self out, it did this last beta for me. But i did notice that they have changed the graphics settings all together, over the past few betas.

Another thing, make sure you don't settle for crap, you should run your card at balanced and you should be fine on high to med settings. And if it runs great one day then turns to crap the next, try a good old fashioned restart, that always gets things running better for me. hope it helped. see you around in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gin View Post
    now heres the THING:

nvidia geforce 9500 GT
    Pentium Dual CPU E2180 2.00 Ghz
    2 GB RAM
    Windows XP Service Pack 3

will it run smoothly on the lowest settings ? ( no upgrade possible, so thanks in advance for suggestions, I'm simply interested in answer for my question )
    I'm sure it will the game was made to run on almost all comps, as long as you don't mind low, then yeah, should run fine. They made the game for all players. and made it middle range graphics. so older comps could play it also.

Processor
    AMD FX-Series FX-6100 3.3Ghz

Processor Main Features
    64 bit Six-Core Processor

CPU Type
    AMD FX-Series
    CPU Speed
    FX-6100(3.3GHz)

GPU/VPU Type
    AMD Radeon HD 6670 1GB PCI Express Graphics

Memory Spec
    4GB x 2

Processor
    AMD FX-Series FX-6100 3.3Ghz. Will it run on low with good fps

Quote Originally Posted by Drewan View Post
    Okay I have a question, back in the beta I managed to run Guild Wars 2 very smoothly with custom graphic setting (between medium and high) yet with this latest stress test my fps drops down to 10-15 unless I'm on the lowest of settings, did they up the requirements or soemthing?

my specs are
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
    Ram: 4.00 GB sadly
    CPU: Intel Core i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz, 3201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    Graphics: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730
    they fucked up something with the graphics in the last 2 stress tests, it's believed to be the "only cpu" rendering of characters that's causing this problems, it has been monitored that when new characters apear on the screen only the cpu and not the gpu increases it's performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Gin View Post
    now heres the THING:

nvidia geforce 9500 GT
    Pentium Dual CPU E2180 2.00 Ghz
    2 GB RAM
    Windows XP Service Pack 3

will it run smoothly on the lowest settings ? ( no upgrade possible, so thanks in advance for suggestions, I'm simply interested in answer for my question )
    should run on lowest settings, wouldn`t try w vs w with that though

Quote Originally Posted by Rawry123 View Post
    Processor
    AMD FX-Series FX-6100 3.3Ghz

Processor Main Features
    64 bit Six-Core Processor

CPU Type
    AMD FX-Series
    CPU Speed
    FX-6100(3.3GHz)

GPU/VPU Type
    AMD Radeon HD 6670 1GB PCI Express Graphics

Memory Spec
    4GB x 2

Processor
    AMD FX-Series FX-6100 3.3Ghz. Will it run on low with good fps
    more like medium
    Last edited by drigoly; 2012-08-22 at 06:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How well is the GTX 570 running with this game?(with i5 2500k).
    The perfumed* boys he wrapped in chains and threw into the sea. They were unnatural creatures, and the ship smelled better once cleansed of their presence.

*Degenerative Casuals

Deleted
    Did anyone link this yet? New Blog post. https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/b...d-performance/

Deleted
    Out of curiosity, does anyone know if Crossfire and SLI support was enabled for the last BWEs and/or stress tests?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Out of curiosity, does anyone know if Crossfire and SLI support was enabled for the last BWEs and/or stress tests?
    I don't think it was, at least not yet.

Deleted
    Had this laptop for almost three years now.

Windows 7 64-bit
    Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1GHz
    4GB RAM
    GeForce GT 240M (1gb dedicated memory)
    DirectX 11

Will I be okay to play this? I played Tera earlier this year and I could sort of play it on high, I just got really laggy in the towns and the FPS wasn't so good elsewhere (but not really noticeable, I can't notice when it's only 40fps anyway). I'm thinking that if I could play that, GW2 should be okay... but then again, this laptop can barely handle the Sims 3 and that's not exactly on the cutting edge. My processor lets me down.
    Last edited by mmoc4ac717c3e3; 2012-08-22 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeryth View Post
    Had this laptop for almost three years now.

Windows 7 64-bit
    Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1GHz
    4GB RAM
    GeForce GT 240M (1gb dedicated memory)
    DirectX 11

Will I be okay to play this? I played Tera earlier this year and I could sort of play it on high, I just got really laggy in the towns and the FPS wasn't so good elsewhere (but not really noticeable, I can't notice when it's only 40fps anyway). I'm thinking that if I could play that, GW2 should be okay... but then again, this laptop can barely handle the Sims 3 and that's not exactly on the cutting edge. My processor lets me down.
    it should run fine but don't expect anything above low settings to run fluid, GW2 runs realy shitty on only dual-cores and your graphics card isn't good either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fairly certain I should be able to run it, but I honestly have no clue whether my display is better than in the required Spec's that Wikipedia has. I know that my Intel is most likely high enough, because i7 is higher than i3 (I know, I'm a genius :3).

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    Intel Core i7-2700K CPU 3.5GHz
    8GB RAM (8192MB, your probably better at it than me, but i used what google said xD)
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    DirectX 11

Assistance would be much appreciated
    Been looking for a B2P mmo for a while. I still play wow, and I'm wanting to try out GW2 alongside it.

Thankyou!

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Fairly certain I should be able to run it, but I honestly have no clue whether my display is better than in the required Spec's that Wikipedia has. I know that my Intel is most likely high enough, because i7 is higher than i3 (I know, I'm a genius :3).

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    Intel Core i7-2700K CPU 3.5GHz
    8GB RAM (8192MB, your probably better at it than me, but i used what google said xD)
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    DirectX 11

Assistance would be much appreciated
    Been looking for a B2P mmo for a while. I still play wow, and I'm wanting to try out GW2 alongside it.

Thankyou!
    your computer will handle GW2 with ease simple as that

Deleted
    Windows 7 64 bit
    Intel Core i5-2430M CPU 2.4Ghz
    4GB RAM
    GT 555M 1.5GB
    DirectX 11

So what would I be able to run this on, and yes I know its a laptop ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by Tedsterz View Post
    Windows 7 64 bit
    Intel Core i5-2430M CPU 2.4Ghz
    4GB RAM
    GT 555M 1.5GB
    DirectX 11

So what would I be able to run this on, and yes I know its a laptop ^.^
    medium, maybe some options on high in low populated areas

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozza View Post
    Hi, can anyone help me as to wether id be able to play GW2 on it;

Windows 7 Professional 32-Bit
    ATI Radeon HD4200
    AMD Athlon II x2 B26
    4GB Ram
    1663mb Gaming memory?

Not good with computers sorry =/ hope this helps
    Bump

I could do with another opinion on this because people here have said there's no chance in me running GW2 and others on GW forums have said i should be fine and they have ran it on worse?

I can give more info if needed, thanks

Deleted
    Just come across this on another forum, seemingly a response from a Hardware Rep speaking on behalf of ATI. Worth reading.

http://www.overclock...-crossfire-7970

"GW2 is an NVIDIA TWIMTBP title. As such, AMD does not have access to the final gold build, so we will be unable to investigate CrossFire scaling until after the game launches this weekend."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ukxenon View Post
    your computer will handle GW2 with ease simple as that
    tyvm

/10chars
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Ok, i know alot of answering has been going on...but i really need help myself...

So i have

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ ( Dual Core, 2.2Ghz )
    RAM: 3.50 Gigs ( 3.12 being used? )
    Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GT 520 ( 2 Gigs ) ( Memory Clock: 500Hz, Core Clock 830hz i think, so not much )

I wish i could upgrade to a better motherboard to buy a better processor.

and i have 3 questions:

1. At Headstart launch will the game go smooth? i played BWE3 and all stress tests afterwards with low settings, but shader quality on medium, and only got 15-20 Fps.

2. If i upgrade to Windows 7 64-Bit and use Directx 11 will the FPS go up? or should i just keep my OS?

3. What are some of the BEST graphics cards you can recommend for me under $100? since i can't really upgrade my motherboard and processor or even Ram, i just have to better my Video...unless you know a Motherboard Bundle Deal that includes all of that for under 100$? thank you!

i used that, and it said i met the minimum requirements a long time ago, i played the beta and got around 15-20 Fps, i just wanted those 3 questions answered lol.