Page 61 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait how does sPvP put the same amount of strain on framerates as a city? I thought the most you could have was 8v8?

My FPS during sPvP was probably averaging around 80-100, 60-70 if the shit really hit the fan with most of both teams in the same area throwing spells. The maps are generally far more confined and smaller, you should be getting more around the same fps as quest zones (or higher). In WvW I come down to around 35-40 fps.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

i know this machine is kinda old but ive been playing gw2 with it since launch, only got 40-50 world if many people drops down to 20-30, 9-12 wvw gate seige, on auto detect, havent tried pvp yet.

Q8200
    2.33ghz
    2x2gb 1333
    8800gt
    screen resolution 1280x1024(old school non wide lcd ^^)

anything that I can upgrade? I just want a decent fps on wvw. thnx
    Last edited by l2bot1; 2012-09-17 at 01:09 PM.

Deleted
    I'd like you guys to tell me how will GW 2 work on my laptop. I don't await any great performance, would just want decent enough fps in PvE and cities, while being able to get few of these nice graphic features, with things like land and character textures and view distance maxed. PvP performance is not a priority. If you'll be so kind to give me an expected amount of FPS, do tell me is this amount good or bad, please - I'm a noob in these matters.

P.S. In case I forgot to add some important info, please do tell, I'll add it later.

Interl(R) Core(TM) i5-3210MCPU 2.50GHz, 2494 MHz
    4GB RAM ( I think )
    GeForce GT 650M ( or some Intel(R) Graphics 4000 whatever, EVEREST Home Edition shows me both of these )
    ... and some other stuff that I don't know about.

I'm not yet allowed to post links, so here's the name of the laptop's model - Dell Inspiron 17R 7720.
    Last edited by mmoc971f4f42ac; 2012-09-17 at 01:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a midrange gaming laptop, not the best but definitely a solid choice for gaming as far as laptops go. It should do fine in most PvE situations but I won't guarantee max settings, you'll have to make some tweaks on renderer sampling, shadows/reflections, etc and drop some stuff to medium.

Everest shows you two GPU's because gaming laptops have their discrete GPU's layered on top of their integrated GPU's. E.g. my laptop has a GT555M layered on an HD3000.

At first I was like "bwuh? I don't need HD3000, I've got a GT555M!" and uninstalled the Intel 3000 driver while keeping the GT555M driver. Lets just say the laptop went ape shit at me yelling "NO GRAPHICS DRIVER DETECTED, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE" :P
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-09-17 at 03:20 PM.

Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
    RAM (Memory) : 16GB
    CPUProcessor): AMD fx 6100 six core 3.3 ghz
    Direct X:11
    GPU (Graphics card): Nvidia GeForce 660ti

What resolution and settings can i handle? Also what will my FPS turn out to be if i want to run in ultra?

10+ Year Old Account
    If I was to take a guess I would say you should be able to run at Best Appearance preset while holding 60-70+ fps in quest zones, a bit lower than that in cities, 30-40fps in WvW.
    BUT the problem is that I've never seen an FX6100 in action with GW2. I have no clue whether it'll be totally fine or mess something up with GW2 (it's not likely).

I'm wondering if I will be able to play GW2 at a constant decent FPS with low settings and the only thing I car about is view distance so a "high" view distance.
    My specs :

Graphics cared : Radeon 7700

Processor : AMD Athlon 4450e Duel-Core processor

RAM : 3gs , 32 bit computer

Deleted
    For anyone using an AMD graphics card and experiencing lower-than-expected framerates, I just found this thread:
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...dvanced-Method

I'll try it myself when I get home, but it seems people have seen remarkable improvements using these settings. Talking 50-100% improvement. Expect to hear more tonight or tomorrow.

Update: Did absolutely nothing on my end. But through it, I managed to disable Powerplay at least. Such a horrible system, AMD...
    Last edited by mmoc10ec13b383; 2012-09-20 at 06:33 AM.

Can I run it? how well?

Windows Vista 32 bit
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40 GHz
    RAM: 4 GIG
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 with 1 GB mem

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Mix of both with shaders, shadows and reflections turned down.

I have this kind of PC spec atm , and wanna give gw2 a try (i guess it should work just), just wanna see if someone with similar spec tell me how it works for him/her.
    my spec is this:
    CPU: AMD athlon 64 x2 5000+ at 3.0GHz
    RAM: 4gb
    GPU: GeForce 8800 GTS
    windows 7 ultimate 64bit
    dx 11
    i would play game in 1366x768 resolution

10+ Year Old Account
    I see these Stickies quite often however, I never see anyone promote http://www.systemrequirementslab.com . If people checked this page there might not be a need for these stickies. This page should also give you a better idea of what to expect than someone else's opinion of your setup.
    Grammar- It's the difference between knowing your shit & knowing you're shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquephyre View Post
    I see these Stickies quite often however, I never see anyone promote http://www.systemrequirementslab.com . If people checked this page there might not be a need for these stickies. This page should also give you a better idea of what to expect than someone else's opinion of your setup.
    I checked this site, though according to it I can't even run WoW, D3, or SW:TOR (though this one had trouble in high population areas and long loading times). Since I've played games it says I fail, guess I'll have to take the info with a grain of salt. Any idea on how this system would play out? Not looking for stellar performance, just smooth gameplay if I have to tone things down (things like shadows/weather effects/ground clutter density don't really take away from the game for me).

HP Pavilion g4 notebook
    AMd A4-3300M APU with Radeon HD Graphics 1.90 GHz
    4gig RAM

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    You don't understand.

The cooling system, form factor and overall design of laptops is aimed at supporting their particular GPU and only that - you cannot open up the laptop and just swap out the graphics chip. The die is permanently attached to the PCB, the "motherboard" of the laptop isn't designed for any other GPU other than the one it came with. You don't just find GPU chips floating around in the market on their own, why do you think no such thing as a "laptop graphics card" is sold anywhere?

You can add/change the RAM and HDD. That is the limit of what you can change in laptops.

The only exception to this is when the manufacturer offers a service to upgrade the graphics in select models (rare cases) - usually they just offer different laptops with different GPU's and say "do you want X laptop with X card, or Y laptop with Y card?"

The other *real* exception are "external" graphics cards with utilize USB ports (extremely slow for graphics purposes) and external PCIe cards to slot a desktop graphics card into. It's quite a lot of work and not very many laptops even support such a thing because the GPU has to work together with the CPU (almost as one) for a consistent experience. Read about it here: http://www.techradar.com/news/comput...adaptor-915616

Remember with laptops there isn't even an actual "card", it's a fixed chip with a fixed cooling system integrated into the laptop.
    With a 5 second google search you'd see that the Quadro FX 770M is a removable module, 15.4" form factor graphics card. Granted the chances of finding something to supplant it is going to be difficult, it's not outside of the realm of possibilities, but again...there's always eBay. The cooling solutions are not going to vary much as they're limited by space more than anything, you can augment that with a cooling stand or other aftermarket cooling solutions. It also supports Shader 4.0, OpenGL 2.1 and DX10, it's based on the G96 chip not unlike a 9600. It should have no problem running GW2. Can even run it with standard Geforce drivers and it shouldn't have an issue. Having said that, performance will not be mind-blowing. But it'll be better than nothing.

Bottomline, is it worth changing, probably not. but laptop video cards are not as integrated as you might think, there are many that can be swapped out for replacement, upgrade or repair.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    With a 5 second google search you'd see that the Quadro FX 770M is a removable module, 15.4" form factor graphics card. Granted the chances of finding something to supplant it is going to be difficult, it's not outside of the realm of possibilities, but again...there's always eBay. The cooling solutions are not going to vary much as they're limited by space more than anything, you can augment that with a cooling stand or other aftermarket cooling solutions. It also supports Shader 4.0, OpenGL 2.1 and DX10, it's based on the G96 chip not unlike a 9600. It should have no problem running GW2. Can even run it with standard Geforce drivers and it shouldn't have an issue. Having said that, performance will not be mind-blowing. But it'll be better than nothing.

Bottomline, is it worth changing, probably not. but laptop video cards are not as integrated as you might think, there are many that can be swapped out for replacement, upgrade or repair.
    Not many, no. The VAST majority of graphics chips are NOT seperate cards, they are just the chip, soldered to the motherboard. Are there laptops with seperate cards? Yes. But they're very rare. Usually high-end workstations or gaming laptops. For example, my Alienware M18x can be upgraded. It has dual Nvidia 580M cards right now and, if I had the money, I could swap in a pair of Radeon 7970s or Nvidia 680Ms.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2,40ghz
    RAM: 4,00 GB
    Geforce GTX 460 SE

Can I?

Deleted

Performance problems.

My specs:

ATI radeon 6870
    AMD phenom 2 x4 @ 965
    8gb RAM

I'm usually getting 45 fps on medium settings 1920x1080 and i'm pretty sure that's not right while my brother with a crappy 9800 GT videocard and a wooden CPU is getting the same performance?

Is anyone else having problems with my setup?

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Are your drivers up to date?

15+ Year Old Account
    My specs:
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
    i7 2600 stock freq.
    580GTX stock
    12GB 1333DDR3
    256GB SSD (where Windows/GW2 and WoW are on)
    Playing 1920*1200 / 60 with 70+ FPS > all on high FXAA enabled and ultra shadows (max settings)

But i capped it @ 60 FPS and Vsync on, 60 is enough for any game.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Running HD7970 overclocked on 12.8 drivers with i7 2600k 3.4ghz

FPS on best appearance is great everywhere, with dips in Lion's Arch.

Just did WvW last night, was in the area where it snows, FPS was dropping as low as 20 -_-

Do AMD cards just suck for this game or what?