Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Diablo 3 Now targeting q2 release date

According to activision/blizzard conference call Q2 release date now targeted, release details will be announced in the coming weeks.

discuss

edit added from freelongs post
    Source: http://www.diablofans.com/news/1083-...nference-call/

We have implemented changes which will greatly improve the game experience and final release will live up to the highest expectations. We expect launch to be a big opportunity for Blizzard. More details will be announced in the coming weeks.

It'll be fine. We'll have some info real soon on skills and runes, a new patch, and we'll be cookin' on the road to Releaseville.
    Can't we just enjoy eachothers company?

We've only ever said "early 2012". And we just decided we'd need until Q2 this week. Seems like the conference call was as good a place as any to announce that.
    Last edited by momirmaster; 2012-02-10 at 12:54 AM.

I think it's what most people were expecting at this point so not really a huge surprise.

on a shop in my country the game is available in 49 days.. i cant wait!
    By failing to prepare you are preparing to fail

I hope so. It keeps getting pushed back again and again. It'd be nice to have a solid release date. Played the beta briefly and I'm looking forward to the rest of the game. Seems pretty polished, and I haven't experienced any game-breaking bugs. Especially looking forward to messing around with the rune system!

Source: http://www.diablofans.com/news/1083-...nference-call/

We have implemented changes which will greatly improve the game experience and final release will live up to the highest expectations. We expect launch to be a big opportunity for Blizzard. More details will be announced in the coming weeks.

It'll be fine. We'll have some info real soon on skills and runes, a new patch, and we'll be cookin' on the road to Releaseville.
    Can't we just enjoy eachothers company?

We've only ever said "early 2012". And we just decided we'd need until Q2 this week. Seems like the conference call was as good a place as any to announce that.

< The Freelong*s Youtube Page>
    Subscribe for raw Rift, Swtor, BF3 and Skyrim game footage! and more to come! ... Or just add me as a friend and we can pwn some noobs!

Best things in life are Free

ffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I wish they would atleast send out more EU beta invites

If I'm understanding this right, Q4 just ended. Meaning we have another 3-6 months to wait? Wow, that still feels way too long

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    If I'm understanding this right, Q4 just ended. Meaning we have another 3-6 months to wait? Wow, that still feels way too long
    wat?
    In blizzard terms this is right on track, early stands for the first 6 months of the year and late for the 6 final ones.
    Q2 starts pretty soon so we'll probably see some new info coming up in the near future.

Financial quarters are a little different than the quarters for fiscal years. For companies, Q1 = January-March, Q2 = April-June, Q3 = July-September & Q4 = October-December.

A friend of mine who works at Best Buy in the Geek squad just told me that they recieved a paper with incoming releases this year. D3 is supposed to be on June 6th.

If anything to me its the best ''possible'' release date iv'e seen. And its in Q2

Also expect a June release, have since about October last year when it was obvious just how..."behind" they claim to be.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now

We are half way through Q1 now or well almost.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairm View Post
    A friend of mine who works at Best Buy in the Geek squad just told me that they recieved a paper with incoming releases this year. D3 is supposed to be on June 6th.

If anything to me its the best ''possible'' release date iv'e seen. And its in Q2
    Your friend is wrong.
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Hah. So Amazon.de has the super secret inside scoop of release dates and Amazon.com doesn't? That's rich. Why would we tell any retailer a release date? Let alone a German specific outlet of a single retailer?

Retailers will find out the release date the same time you do.
    Source
    I wouldn't be surprised if you're just trolling at this point though.

OT: pretty much what i've expected, just hope we can get a beta wave in EU :<
    Last edited by Krafmon; 2012-02-10 at 01:19 AM.

That was clear, I think April, so just fine

I'm a lil disappointed I have to wait that long...Then again I suppose I've been waiting for this game since 2008 so...

It's not something I didn't expect. However, as long as a delayed release greatly increases the quality of the finished product I won't complain. Still very much looking forward to it!

i am really happy about that. gives me more time to enjoy swtor before sinking in d3.

Honestly I will believe it when I am actually playing the game. "Targeting" does not actually mean that the game will come out. Although I wish it would. Even so Q2 could technically be as late as June so you are still possibly looking at 4.5 months

That's what they said last time

From what I've seen in beta...they haven't reinvented the wheel. I'm kinda surprised it's taken them this long to get it on the shelves.
    It plays very similar to Diablo II...with improved graphics and no way to play without an internet connection (looks like I'll be keeping DII on the laptop for travel ).