Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kendro1200 View Post
    SNIP
    I agree, i was a big fan of the Diablo series(and other Blizzard titles) until what they have done the last 6months. Blizzard are not who they use to be in the days of Vanilla WoW, they have forgot all the paying customers who have helped get them to where they are now.

Other games are coming out this year that I would like to play more the DIII. Guild Wars 2 and Darksiders 2 are the ones that stand out for me.

If things are going the way they are i think GW2 / Darksiders2 will come out before D3 does, and that is pretty sad since D3 was ready for ship until they changed a lot of systems around.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdman View Post
    Not a big suprise, they were aiming for early 2011 but it was pushed back. Probably because they just changed quite a bit of how some of the features work, and they dont have the runes or whatever in the game yet (this might not happen in beta though who knows).

Blizzards biggest enemy in this whole delay mess is themselves, they announced D3 way to early, Id rather them just take all the time they need now. Early June would be a great time for release, its the start of summer and fits into the back end of the Q2 window.

Of course im going to be on a 2 month hiatus for boot camp starting march 1st with probably a limited time to play after that anyway so I honestly dont care when its released.
    Yes, the real problem is that they announced D3 wayyyy too early. Like 3 years too early. Nobody would be complaining if they announced the game in 2011. Fans have waited almost 4 years for this game and they lost the hype.

Just look at Skyrim, Bethesda announced the game in early 2011 and we got it in november. IMO Skyrim is a lot more big and complex than D3.

I know a lot of hardcore fans that just don't care anymore about D3. Sure it will be a fun game, but I think Blizzard shot themselves in the knee with all the delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Morogoth View Post
    Yes, the real problem is that they announced D3 wayyyy too early. Like 3 years too early. Nobody would be complaining if they announced the game in 2011. Fans have waited almost 4 years for this game and they lost the hype.
    Yes.

Sure it will be a fun game, but I think Blizzard shot themselves in the knee with all the delays.
    Yes.

It also doesn't help that most of their "new and exciting" changes recently have been removing things from the game - they're delaying release so that they can go BACKWARDS in the development process. At least, that's what they claim.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now

Pushing back the release date hurts so much. I was counting on D3 to tide me over until MOP. I guess I will have to try out some other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    It also doesn't help that most of their "new and exciting" changes recently have been removing things from the game - they're delaying release so that they can go BACKWARDS in the development process. At least, that's what they claim.
    Exactly, what's so new and exciting in removing some stats?

"We want the game to last at least 10 years!!!" From what I can remember, Diablo 2 lasted 10 years and the developers did not had to reinvent the game 10x.

For me, all this will have a really harmful effect on future Blizzard's games. Let's say they announce Titan in 2015, you will not see me on the forums until 2018. Why bothering? Eventually, they will lose a lot of feedback from dedicated fans.

D3 is being a weapon of Blizzard against competition, they just didnt had to use it yet, they were close on using it against SWTOR but decided to pull it out.

thats my view you may disagree

Quote Originally Posted by grug View Post
    They had only said early 2012, not Q1
    Actually they did say Q1, evidence being Bashiok having to come out and eat his own words. And i can assure you, being a long time community manager, it wasn't an "honest mistake" like he claims it to be. If it were said by some noob they just hired, sure, but not Bash.

I honestly think they were targeting a Q1 release at the latest, and didn't expect to run into the problems that would make them remove/re-design major game systems. And thats fine with me. No one wants to play a broken, incomplete game.

The only thing i don't like is how early they (and every other dev these days tbh) announce the game. If it's a brand new IP, yea, give it a few months or a year to build hype. But with something like Diablo's established fan-base and Blizz's marketing army, they could announce the game 1 day before release and it would still out sell any other game released in that month.

They follow the "when it's done" mantra for their releases. Maybe next time they do the same for their announcements and we only hear about the game when it's ready to go into F&F alpha / closed beta.

I live in Holland and today there whas a ad in a toystore booklet for preordering Diablo 3 with release date of April 19.
    for the Dutch people it's in the bartsmit booklet.

Quote Originally Posted by Boriz74 View Post
    I live in Holland and today there whas a ad in a toystore booklet for preordering Diablo 3 with release date of April 19.
    By what I saw on youtube and the amount of bugs and unfinished work in patch 13 it looks like they still have a lot of work to do. UI,AH bugs, public chat and weapon affixes that wasn't revealed till today...we will be lucky if got released by Christmas.

Apparently they found out they couldnt lazy copy/paste AH from the WoW code to Diablo III code, which made a ragnarok inside Blizzard HQ.

When you are used to copy /paste old content and make it new in a big selling MMO, it becomes the usual solution.

maybe it gets released in 2013 or 2014

either way i dont see it making the Q2 release, they pushing this game back so much & the state beta was in, id say
    december we will start hearing a release date.

Played D2 and LoD, thought it was the best game during its time. Had good expectations for D3....No LAN, WTFBBQ Auction house, wave of delays...Wtf was i thinking? Seriously can't be bothered anymore.

at this point I'm refusing to play this game out of principle. they could of released a version and put all the changes into D4 at this point.
    dictated but not read.

I reckon blizz could easily milk 1000L out of a cow that weights 300kg

Quote Originally Posted by Boriz74 View Post
    It's been said a thousand times before, but until Blizzard comes out and posts the release date, and that information gets relayed through the thousands of gaming websites, then you can be assured that there is no release date. Some small shop in Holland is not going to have 'the inside scoop' and know what day it's coming out before the people who created it know. They just put that date out to try to sucker some people into thinking 'Whoah that game is coming out soon I better go into this store and order it right now!'

---------- Post added 2012-02-21 at 12:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ThatInternet View Post
    at this point I'm refusing to play this game out of principle. they could of released a version and put all the changes into D4 at this point.
    So you're going to cancel your pre-order (assuming you have one) and not touch the game ever? Can I have your copy? I've got a friend who would like it.

Diablo 3 Now targeting q2 release date. Q2 of the 21st century

Ive been waiting for Diablo 3 for 10 years, so a few months extra is nothing.

Eh, question, I have done my Annual subsciption of WoW, so I get Diablo 3 for free. But isn't is correct if I say that all those who signed up for this get a 100% garantee that you can play the Beta as well? Or is that just my imagination?
    -It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!-

Quote Originally Posted by ThatInternet View Post
    Ah, I know your type. If they did what you say, you would've been the first one on forums whining about Blizzard releasing a buggy, unfinished game.

---------- Post added 2012-02-21 at 11:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nheo View Post
    Eh, question, I have done my Annual subsciption of WoW, so I get Diablo 3 for free. But isn't is correct if I say that all those who signed up for this get a 100% garantee that you can play the Beta as well? Or is that just my imagination?
    MoP beta, yes. D3 beta, no.

---------- Post added 2012-02-21 at 11:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by twopac View Post
    Played D2 and LoD, thought it was the best game during its time. Had good expectations for D3....No LAN, WTFBBQ Auction house, wave of delays...Wtf was i thinking? Seriously can't be bothered anymore.
    What game today has LAN? Seriously? LAN is dead, deal with it. Every LAN party has a decent internet connection so as long as everyone has bought their copy, no problem playing it.

Nobody forces you to use the RMAH. Plenty of people never bought stuff in D2 either.

Wave of delays is better than buggy, unfinished game. After 10 years, I don't mind few more months.