New to Multiplayer, any suggestions on a Server to join?

I've been a Minecraft player for a while now, but I've never really gotten into Multiplayer. I'm a very casual player, and I tend to lean towards low-effort projects, but it gets lonely doing anything by yourself.

Long story short, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for servers that are relatively griefing free, but friendly to newer players? I'd lean towards a survival mode server with minimal addons/tweaks from the unmodded single player, but I can adapt.

Any advice?
    Last edited by TiredTofu; 2012-02-09 at 10:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cursecraft, the server everyone will point you to :P A lot of MMO-C'ers on there, and very minimal mods on there, both a creative and surival world on there.

Deleted
    http://beyondminecraft.net/

50 ppl ate peek hours, friendly community,

Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    Cursecraft, the server everyone will point you to :P A lot of MMO-C'ers on there, and very minimal mods on there, both a creative and surival world on there.
    Though how do you get in ?xD I read you'd need an invitation?

Quote Originally Posted by Bleuh
    Since the invention of the internet, the Earth`s rotation has been solely propelled by english teachers turning in their graves.

atm you do, but whitelist will be opened again once things get sorted with the wow project part