Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    Happened at Gamescom 2011 as well, 4 hours wait line to play the game, "Let's spend 20 minutes on making a character."
    Yeah 40 mins is a long time, there were alot of machines , 6-8 machines going per booth and around 6 booths, it was paccked the first day in the mornign when i got there 4-5 persons in each que which was quite a long wait and it was standing, that was a thursday, on the friday i went and got caught out by the massively huge front door que and so whe i got to the booth there were 6-8 people per machine, i think i waited for 20 mins and then gave up my spot, i met some realy nice people at the GW2 booth some people i've kept in contact with but i realy had to go see the rest of the expo

My experiance was quite like this video and demonstrates part of what i said before in a previous post, enjoy

Last edited by mmoc6ac2e31c48; 2012-02-16 at 11:06 AM.

Happened at Gamescom 2011 as well, 4 hours wait line to play the game, "Let's spend 20 minutes on making a character."
    Character creation has to be tested too :P

Graphics and character customization as important for alot of people so I can't say I'm really surprised. That being said I personally would have been moving as quickly as possible to get to the gameplay.

The versatility in what classes can do just by changing weapons is what makes this game for me.
    MMORPGs as of late are very limited to either melee or ranged, spellcasting, etc.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

In the firs video combat looked really slow

Quote Originally Posted by bcbully View Post
    In the firs video combat looked really slow
    Not a surprise. It's a new character fresh from the creation screen and has only one weapon skill for each weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    Not a surprise. It's a new character fresh from the creation screen and has only one weapon skill for each weapon.
    Ok, I'll take your word.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitepepper View Post
    Character creation has to be tested too :P

Graphics and character customization as important for alot of people so I can't say I'm really surprised. That being said I personally would have been moving as quickly as possible to get to the gameplay.
    4 hour wait line, 20 minutes spending to make a character...wut. I will spend atleast double when the game has been released, but during demo's?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbully View Post
    Ok, I'll take your word.
    You could go watch a starting zone vid and see for yourself...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

4 hour wait line, 20 minutes spending to make a character...wut. I will spend atleast double when the game has been released, but during demo's?
    Yeah, at a demo I'd just rush through the character creation. Or better yet, use a premade character if they had them available.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    Is that due to a bug, or just craptastic mechanics? BTW, I love your signature. Reminds me why I quit WoW...well, just one of the reasons.

OT: 5 more days, then this forum and news sites are going to be "leaking" like the Niagara Falls!!! Prepare your anuses for more GW2 information than it can handle!
    Yep, its one the reasons I quit as well, and put it as my sig so I would never forget that the class was bad in pvp, and too bursty in pve.

I think Ravage works when you cancel it to do another move, but woe betide if you try and just stop the animation to move, its like you just cc'd yourself a lot of the time >.<

Just re-watched the vid, and does look like you can move while casting, which is a bit weird as a melee class, but when casting is classed as bladestorm-esque moves then its fine.

Everything I've seen hasn't looked clunky at all. Love all the videos and I hear most are old compared to how it's running now

Deleted
    The press NDA was lifted but there was no mention of NDA being lifted for regular beta players.