Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Why, hello there! Beta testers ears and eyes open now!

Those who have played the game does the combat feel clunky or is it actually good? I dont know if discussing this do break NDA or not.

It's Press beta and yeah it's under NDA.

Deleted
    Anyone that have played it at an convention could talk about it i guess, those in the beta, think not.

Just watch some of the pvp videos that are out there. There's several where teams went up against Anet's developers. It looks really smooth in general.

Deleted
    The majority of the people who played it at conventions said that the combat and movement is really fluid and it's been updated since then so I wouldn't be worried.

Deleted
    The impression from the demos is that the combat is very good. My favorite combat video:

The title made me think the NDA had been lifted earlier than expected

Beta testers can't even say they are in the beta right now, so you're not going to get any of them talking without breaking the NDA.

But you can definitely ask anyone who played it at any of the conventions it's been at

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    The title made me think the NDA had been lifted earlier than expected
    Yea, change of title is needed imo

Deleted
    I think you are overreacting. Nda prohibits users from releasing any content preview whether it is through oral, an- (damn!), or visual... path!

Expressing your feelings for what you experienced is not prohibited at all! It was rather, encouraged (at least for the press) I 'd say!
    And your opinion on the matter is what OP asks for (and I am secretly waiting)!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be wouldn't be shocked if people called the combat in GW2 clunky since it doesn't have an auto attack even though its action-based (I know there's an option to toggle your normal attacks to auto attacks, but still). But seeing a majority of the MMO playerbase today, they'll complain about anything.

From every impression I've read, clunky isn't a word that is ever used to describe GW2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    From every impression I've read, clunky isn't a word that is ever used to describe GW2.
    This just needs to be quoted

NDA doesnt break till 20th, you are gonna have to wait

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluey111 View Post
    NDA doesnt break till 20th, you are gonna have to wait
    Didnt they say they NDA wount lift on the 20th, i think they did. however there going to come out with some info, that they control very hard i think

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Didnt they say they NDA wount lift on the 20th, i think they did. however there going to come out with some info, that they control very hard i think
    must have missed the memo, thought 20th because a couple of press have said they will be giving coverage around then

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluey111 View Post
    must have missed the memo, thought 20th because a couple of press have said they will be giving coverage around then
    They will yes, but i think the info they are allowed to be giving us will be kinda strict still
    NDA will NOT be lifted, though select press may have permission to talk about what they play. ~RB (from twitter)
    Last edited by mmoc2f42a3101f; 2012-02-10 at 12:10 AM.

I'm a convention tester, and it's as smooth as a baby

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    I'm a convention tester, and it's as smooth as a baby
    Smooth as a baby´s ass? and also thanks for the congratz mail on my birthday! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Mpif View Post
    I think you are overreacting. Nda prohibits users from releasing any content preview whether it is through oral, an- (damn!), or visual... path!

Expressing your feelings for what you experienced is not prohibited at all! It was rather, encouraged (at least for the press) I 'd say!
    And your opinion on the matter is what OP asks for (and I am secretly waiting)!
    Actually, they can't. Current beta testers (minus media) can't even say that they are in the beta, much less give impressions on it last I checked. The NDA lift on the 20th I think only applies to press and isn't even a complete lift.