Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Find things or people that make you laugh and surround yourself with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Read the Horus Heresy 40k books, then look out your window and think to yourself, "could be worse".
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, trying to get away from how bad the world is is the opposite of what you should do. By trying to repel it, your trying to run away from the problems of the world, rather than accepting that this is the world you live in.

This planet is a shithole, but it is our shithole, and very few planets we've found are like it

Just remember this when you think of the world, none of these global issues generally affect your daily life, and you are not expected to solve the world's problems. And even if you were, the burden of it is not yours alone, we are all in this together, whether we like the people around us or not.

We all have a role to play in the grand scheme of things, I just wish people would wake up and get the real party on the road.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    You need to find something you really love doing, if games are just a distraction than thats not it.

Maybe you could create videos? sure you could get negative feedback but that one person who will say its great will make your day great
    Blog. all the same things, maybe its an activity that you would enjoy outside of your home or something like that.

Drugs

For real though, get a goal in life and then start working t owards it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone talking about doing things you enjoy, immersing yourself in them, are correct. I have found I feel better and empowered when I work out, so working out, writing, and reading are ways I melt away the sorrows of life. I also try to thing of ways to 'fix' things that bother/affect me if possible c:

To the OP: maybe it's time to talk to someone. A therapist can be very helpful when you're feeling the way you are. I am not being a douche bag, I am being completely sincere. Meet with at least three to get a sense of what they can offer and who is a good fit.

Also, start a workout routine. Not only does this have the effect of distracting you and getting you out of your head and into your body, but it also causes the release of endorphins (see kcossaboon.hubpages.com/hub/ExerciseandTheEndorphinRush for a simplified explanation of the psychological benefits of exercise). There are numerous other benefits such as increased self esteem, a sense of accomplishment and pride, not to mention it forces you to engage in a productive activity which can diminish the foreboding thoughts that can accompany inactivity.

Good luck and keep smiling.

Just desensitize yourself to how horrible the world is =D

Come to realize just how horrible the world really is, and live to change it. You'll be the villain in every hero comic book.

Realistically speaking, the world is a sick place and you have to either live past it or die by it. However, that is not logical so in this case, you only get to view the world positive or negative and doing so will change your whole outlook on life. You should know the lame question: Do you see the glass half full or half empty?

Look at it half full.

The main thing is....You can choose to separate yourself from the bad things in this world if they are too much for you.

15+ Year Old Account
    to put it in the words of the great Hunter S. Thompson

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Find something that bothers you and learn everything you can about it, from multiple perspectives. Not only will you gain valuable knowledge, but your general disposition will be less emotionally charged.
    Top notch advice there.

Deleted
    Watching anime is pretty good, although if you aren't much into it you won't gain anything :P

Quote Originally Posted by Clevername View Post
    Go workout. It is hard to be mad / angry / depressed when you're physically exhausted.
    im so angry i could kill a man - but this sofa is just too damm comfy