How well will this computer run diablo 3?

haven't had time to upgrade my pc, so i want to ask if i can run diablo 3 with these settings, and if it would support the game at max settings.

OPERATING SYSTEM:
    Windows 2.6.1.7600
    CPU TYPE:
    Intel® Core™ i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz
    CPU SPEED:
    3.62 GHz
    SYSTEM MEMORY:
    3.98 GB
    VIDEO CARD MODEL:
    ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series (Microsoft Corporation WDDM 1.1)
    VIDEO CARD MEMORY:
    2.24 GB
    VIDEO CARD DRIVER:
    atiumdag.dll
    DESKTOP RESOLUTION:
    1920x1080
    HARD DISK SIZE:
    465.66 GB
    HARD DISK FREE SPACE:
    370.27 GB (80%)

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty decently. I have almost the same specs, and Diablo 3 runs pretty smoothly for me, but it wont be able to run at max settings, but certainly pretty.

A note though, it looks like your graphics drivers arent installed. Go to ATI and fix that. Im surprised to can play any games at all right now O_o

There is no such thing as a "Radeon 4800" .. its Gotta be like 4850 or 4870 or something.

Video card is a little soft, not sure how much D3 uses DX11 effects. So far D3 runs pretty smooth on max settings in the beta (but I have a 580GTX card). I'd imagine it would scale down pretty good, All the systems I have a DX 11 card, so I can't really say about the 4800 series, but I don't think it will be able to handle everything on Max.

Oddly, if I didn't know better, I'd swear you were using the Microsoft Drivers and not the AMD drivers for your video card. If so, you'll want to address that. Here is a link to the latest Win7-64bt drivers
    http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...ostype=Windows 7 - 64-Bit Edition
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2012-02-10 at 12:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    4k series is 3 gens behind.. Pretty old tech. Why go for something SO old? Get a better GPU.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

Quote Originally Posted by haxs101 View Post
    4k series is 3 gens behind.. Pretty old tech. Why go for something SO old? Get a better GPU.
    because it is... old? i didn't pay for this computer, it was my sister's computer, she is not using it anymore so i got it for me, because i don't really have one of my own right now.

---------- Post added 2012-02-10 at 03:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Pretty decently. I have almost the same specs, and Diablo 3 runs pretty smoothly for me, but it wont be able to run at max settings, but certainly pretty.

A note though, it looks like your graphics drivers arent installed. Go to ATI and fix that. Im surprised to can play any games at all right now O_o

There is no such thing as a "Radeon 4800" .. its Gotta be like 4850 or 4870 or something.
    that's good to know. And about the Radeon 4800 : i just copied the info, this computer was from my sister so i really don't know what to tell you on this one o.O

---------- Post added 2012-02-10 at 03:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Video card is a little soft, not sure how much D3 uses DX11 effects. So far D3 runs pretty smooth on max settings in the beta (but I have a 580GTX card). I'd imagine it would scale down pretty good, All the systems I have a DX 11 card, so I can't really say about the 4800 series, but I don't think it will be able to handle everything on Max.

Oddly, if I didn't know better, I'd swear you were using the Microsoft Drivers and not the AMD drivers for your video card. If so, you'll want to address that. Here is a link to the latest Win7-64bt drivers
    http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...ostype=Windows 7 - 64-Bit Edition
    ah thank you very much for that ! I'm a noob when it comes to computers ( just know how to play and use it for university works T_T ) so what should i do?

Just download and install those drivers on the link you posted?

As of now games are running normally on my computer. I downloaded WoW today (don't play it anymore) just to check how it was going, and it ran smooth on max settings in the middle of crowded Orgri.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    because it is... old? i didn't pay for this computer, it was my sister's computer, she is not using it anymore so i got it for me, because i don't really have one of my own right now.

---------- Post added 2012-02-10 at 03:02 AM ----------

that's good to know. And about the Radeon 4800 : i just copied the info, this computer was from my sister so i really don't know what to tell you on this one o.O
    The driver displaying Radeon 4800 is normal, for every card there is it lists the base series rather than the actual model of the installed card. The reason behind this is that all of the 4800 series cards are the same card, but the higher model, the more memory/pipelines/clock speeds. The bit where it says Microsoft WDDM is the part where it matters, meaning the drivers come from Microsoft (the most barebones drivers that will work on your graphics card).
    So head on over to www.ati.com and download the drivers for the Radeon 4800 series for windows 7. I would use the driver finder tool they provide to get the exact drivers you need.

Honestly the rest of the system isn't that horrible. Try to save your pennies while you wait for Diablo 3 and upgrade your graphics card before it comes out. You should be able to get some decent high 5xxx or 6xxx models on the cheap by the time it releases, and those cards with that processor will run D3 smooth as butter.

I would recommend upgrading yourself to an nVidia card instead of ATI though, the nVidia tech works better with Intel.
    Last edited by FattyXP; 2012-02-10 at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FattyXP View Post
    The driver displaying Radeon 4800 is normal, for every card there is it lists the base series rather than the actual model of the installed card. The reason behind this is that all of the 4800 series cards are the same card, but the higher model, the more memory/pipelines/clock speeds. The bit where it says Microsoft WDDM is the part where it matters, meaning the drivers come from Microsoft (the most barebones drivers that will work on your graphics card).
    So head on over to www.ati.com and download the drivers for the Radeon 4800 series for windows 7. I would use the driver finder tool they provide to get the exact drivers you need.

Honestly the rest of the system isn't that horrible. Try to save your pennies while you wait for Diablo 3 and upgrade your graphics card before it comes out. You should be able to get some decent high 5xxx or 6xxx models on the cheap by the time it releases, and those cards with that processor will run D3 smooth as butter.

I would recommend upgrading yourself to an nVidia card instead of ATI though, the nVidia tech works better with Intel.
    ah that is some neat information right there ! I'll make sure to do that ^^

Also, which graphic card should i get them? One that isn't to expensive as well (i'm living by myself now and things are somewhat hairy so i can't ford something that is too expensive)

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    ah that is some neat information right there ! I'll make sure to do that ^^

Also, which graphic card should i get them? One that isn't to expensive as well (i'm living by myself now and things are somewhat hairy so i can't ford something that is too expensive)
    Well prices change with time, as does the technology. By the time d3 comes out they may have rolled out the next line of shiny graphics cards and all of a sudden the used to be fastest but is only slightly slower than the new fastest graphics card is less than half the price it used to be. What you can get now for $150 will be $100.
    The longer you wait before the game comes out, the better the card you'll end up with, in other words.

10+ Year Old Account
    I reckon your 4800 card will run D3 smoothly in mid-high settings, judging from Blizzard's games not being heavy demanding whatsoever like they've been since the dawn of time.

But yes, as many people say it's an outdated card and if it's been used the thermal paste on the heatsink is probably gone or most of it is by right now, it'll probably run hot.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Deleted
    the nVidia tech works better with Intel.
    Don't spout utter bull shit. It makes no difference whatever brand of GPU you use with Intel.

@OP, It will do the job just fine and give playable FPS.

thanks guys, imma upgrade my drivers