Alright, so we're back again. Need you to let me know what i'm doing wrong here :P
Tonight we used three healers rather than two. We wanted to run 4 but just couldn't make that happend. I was solo healing my side (Kochrum) with a warior tank, DK soaker, mage and hunter.
I feel we would have easily gotten the kill with 4 healers on and we'll have that when we come back for the kill this sunday, but we want to be able to do it with only 3 or possibly 2 healers at some point too so people can get the kill on their mains, hence this thread...
Basically this is what i do:
1) Pre-stack a full DA on my grp before the pull, get full mana and make sure to keep it up
2) He stomps once but only the tank in my grp actually soaks the dmg, removing his DA (i PW:shield both tanks of course)
3) He splits, get dragged off to the side, i shield everyone for the first stomp which is fully absorbed except on the tank and possibly soaker
4) Crystals are no problem anymore, we position ourselves so he basically throws them at us. Use PW:Shield on soakers, we take minor dmg but DA is gone
5) Second stomp generally drops people kind of low. Tank takes some extra dmg and the second crystal explodes at about the same time, bringing some people to low HP, no worries, no worries though.
--- Black phase ---
We all move to the same spot and i heal everyone using PoH to also build a nice DA stack.
I also pop shadowfiend now and hymp of hope too if i feel i'll still have enough time to heal people up anyways
6) First stomp gets pretty much fully absorbed by DA+shields except on tank/soaker
7) Second stomp hits, first crystal explodes not long after. I'm generally not able to heal people up fully before the 3rd stomp/second crystal.
This is where it starts to become hectic, so i pop Power Infusion (mostly for the second time in the fight).
8) second crystal spawns, ranged move there , i heal as much as possible, prioritizing the tank and soaker and putting shields up.
9) Third stomp
This is when i use PW:Barrier to soak the stomp and crystal. It's not unusual that we lose a player or two here.
At this point i'm doing generally between 28-31k HPS (overall for the fight on recount), am kind of low on mana and have use most of my cooldowns
--- 2nd black phase ---
As i said, i have pretty low mana now but i top people off, tank and melee helps with bandages while they can't do anything else anyways.
Last "phase" stats with full health but not much of a DA. This is also about when he gets his increased dmg, and i just can't keep up with both the the AoE and the tank dmg.
I dno how much more detail i can give without showing logs (which i havn't got). I use PW:S for rapture on the tank, meaning it's not allways up for stomp.
Here's my armory, i swapped in Fall of Mortality (+ tsunami) for the extra regen for this fight, and also swapped my Maw for the spirit/haste dagger (normal mode obviously).
I also tried respecing put of attonement as i found i didn't really have time to do anything other than spam PoH and shields :P
What's going on here? I just can't pull the numbers to make this happend, but i'm doing 30k HPS.
I'm tired and ranty atm btw, so sorry about that. Hope i can get something out of this though.
Also, sorry for the wall of text