Looking for a Flatscreen HD TV (For TV and Computer use)

Hello

So i am starting to browse some HD TV's. My budget is 250$. And i am in the US, I am currently browsing some as we speak. So far i have found this
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sceptre-32-X322BV-HD/15739136

But if you guys know of any others, please feel free to let me know.

Basically i do not want anything under 32 inches, Its primary use is gonna be for Television, But its also gonna be used for the Computer, Light gaming mainly heavy movies. But yeah

Borrowing this thread since I am also thinking of possibly getting a Full HD LCD TV to replace my current 23" LCD Monitor when I shift house likely a year down the road.

What would be the biggest screensize recommendation? Primarily usuage is WOW-ing with TV as secondary. I was thinking of those 40" Full HD LCD TV but some said the screen could be too big though I intend to play with the LCD TV mounted on wall and seat some distance away using wireless desktop and maybe even wireless headset with mic for WOW-raiding.

Any recommendation is gladful

Deleted
    If anything, i would go for a monitor with build-in tv tuner, instead of the other way around. YOu could get issues etc, and if you wanna game on it, you prob want a 1080p screen, which will up the price.

Im using a samsung p2770HD, which is perfect for me (there is prob a newer version on the market by now). Image quality for the "tv-part" is prob a little lower, because of the TN panel, but for gaming is good.

I have checked the prices of say 27" Full HD LCD Monitor vs 40" Full HD LCD TV. The prices for the 27" LCD Monitors in my country (Singapore) is around 700+ while the 40" LCD TV (do not have to be the latest models) can be bought around the same price or maybe just slightly over 1k.

If budget is not of any issue, will I have problem gaming (mainly WOW) on a 40" Full HD LCD TV?

Deleted
    I'm currently using and have already used ~8 months 47" LG full led TV as my monitor. It takes some time to get used to it, but I would not go back to "normal" screen.

I have this: http://www.lg.com/ca_en/tv-audio-vid...v-47LE8500.jsp
    Last edited by mmoce60d2079f6; 2012-02-12 at 12:31 AM.

Wow ... a 47" LG Full HD TV as your main PC/Notebook monitor? But do you wall-mount or have the LCD TV on the table? Do you use wireless desktop so you can sit some distance from the Big Screen? Else sitting at normal desk with such a big LCD TV, isn't it overwhelming? Is this LCD TV used in your living room/common room or study/bedroom?

For me, the LCD TV would be for my bedroom use where I WOW and occasionally switch to TV. 40" should be the biggest I am eyeing. Anything above 40" sounds too big for bedroom usage

10+ Year Old Account
    As has already been said. Using TV's for computer use isn't a great idea. In my experience they very rarely display text properly, and images are often distorted.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    As has already been said. Using TV's for computer use isn't a great idea. In my experience they very rarely display text properly, and images are often distorted.
    Colour is usually wayyyy off. I've had my 32" LG for several months now and I'm still playing with the colour some days.

If your cable box is able to set which output to use for video and audio, you can just get a decent PC monitor with HDMI, then tell the cable box to push audio out through the composite ports and get a cheap L-R to 3.5mm adapter and plug it into your sound card.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Hmm ... seems like the idea to get a LCD TV over a LCD Monitor is not good. What's the current biggest LCD Monitor Size? So far I only see 27" in Retail Stores.

Deleted
    Distorted images, color problems? Do you peeps live at 90s... I had those problems back then. XD

As I said earlier I use my livingroom's full led TV as PC monitor. I have a small and lightweight desk that I move at the front of TV when I want to play WoW/skyrim/etc. I used to play from sofa via wirelss, but ergonomy of that setup was not optimal for raiding. 3 hours at the sofa is not as fun as it sounds. ^_^

TV mode, desk under the window: ( gotta love the subs on tv, they are so useful XD )

PC mode, desk at the front of TV:

(Yes, I know I need to pick color for the walls, I have been lazy. From these pics I see it clearly how bad it looks. >_> )
    Last edited by mmoce60d2079f6; 2012-02-12 at 11:46 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    Distorted images, color problems? Do you peeps live at 90s... I had those problems back then. XD

As I said earlier I use my livingroom's full led TV as PC monitor. I have a small and lightweight desk that I move at the front of TV when I want to play WoW/skyrim/etc. I used to play from sofa via wirelss, but ergonomy of that setup was not optimal for raiding. 3 hours at the sofa is not as fun as it sounds. ^_^

TV mode, desk under the window: ( gotta love the subs on tv, they are so useful XD )

PC mode, desk at the front of TV:

(Yes, I know I need to pick color for the walls, I have been lazy. From these pics I see it clearly how bad it looks. >_> )
    That looks pretty good for a TV, but the gamut still isn't as good as an actual monitor.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Any further comments? What's the biggest size LCD Monitor now available in Market?