Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cereyeth View Post
    Just curious what people's opinions were how strong and prevalent knock backs are in PVP, specifically in Huttball. It can be fun sometimes, but I feel it takes away from the overall skill required to PVP in the game at times. I see players all the time just waiting to stun people in fire pits or blow someone off a bridge. Reminds me of players that camp their Shamans in mid in Eye of the Storm or Lumber Mill just to send people flying off the edges. Thoughts?
    I say it adds to the "skill" needed as you need to not only account for yours but theirs as well... is their resolve bar full?

More tools = more options = more fun

SWTOR has too much cc. It was wonderfully novel for the first few weeks, now it's just a grind. Yeah I can cc five ways to sunday on my consular, but he also spends most of his time getting bounced around like a football.

i play a marauder yet i find the knockbacks rather fun lol it adds more fun to huttball, i know to much of it can be annoying but just try to not put yourself in a state where it will hinder you to much

Knockbacks in huttball are awesome. It adds an extra element that normally would not be there. Imagine how bland huttball would be if you could just charge across the walk ways and into the end zone without being knockedback. It also helps even the odds. A team full of pvp geared players and one with only half geared players.. Well.. Skill level comes into play then. It's easy to avoid knock backs, but it's also hard to predict all players.
    Same for voidstar! If you're dumb enough to run side by side with an inquisitor or consular, be ready to be knocked off.

Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post
    I like it. Without it, Huttball would be Pass ball to tank > heal tank > tank walks ball across the map > win. With it, you have to constantly watch out for enemies, fires, ledges, your position in relation to all of them... and you can knock fuckers into the fire. Or clear the path for your carrier. Or screw over theirs.

It adds an extra dynamic to the game that, in my opinion, is for the better.
    These are my feelings as well, keeps the game interesting. And its not as if getting knocked down into the pit has to end your run, chances are there will be one or two people on your team that are still up on the walkways, getting knocked down only means plan A failed, pass it to the guys still in good position. Passing wins games.

yeah done that far to much. i will run next to them on the bridge get knocked im like fuuuuuuuuuuu what an idiot i am should have seen it coming lol

I made a melee in this game because melee is my playstyle, a few days ago I deleted my 50, 58 valor, full champion gear, and I`ll tell you why.

This game is ranged favored, if you`re ranged attacking another ranged from far away, and you see a target (melee) appear closer than the rest, your first idea is to go "kill the closer, easy, squishy melee", and if every ranged does this, they`re dead.

Sorcs made me quit, they have an instant cc that causes a 2 second stun if broken, another stun, a 20 sec CD knockback with a 5 second root, a sprint, a shield, their CL has a slow, a DoT has a slow, despite being the "squishiest" class, through their control they are the most survivability class in the game. Every WZ I`m in has 3-4, i`ve seen 5-6. Put your dots up, spam CL = win. (having multiple of a class that is the most represented, with the most control, in the same 8v8 WZ breaks it) The PvP in this game can go to hell, I`ll sub when they fix this broken thing.

The biggest problem is resolve only effects stuns, WELL WHAT GOOD DOES THAT DO WHEN I`M ROOTED AND SLOWED 24/7?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the people that complain the most about the pvp here are wow pvpers who cant adjust to something different. They've played X game for however long and are use to mostly flat maps where they know what every class can do.

SWTOR has a twists that they have not been able to adjust to and therefor its bad. If you are mele and you get kitted its because you are not playing your char right; its the player not the game.

---------- Post added 2012-02-11 at 10:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    I made a melee in this game because melee is my playstyle, a few days ago I deleted my 50, 58 valor, full champion gear, and I`ll tell you why.

This game is ranged favored, if you`re ranged attacking another ranged from far away, and you see a target (melee) appear closer than the rest, your first idea is to go "kill the closer, easy, squishy melee", and if every ranged does this, they`re dead.

Sorcs made me quit, they have an instant cc that causes a 2 second stun if broken, another stun, a 20 sec CD knockback with a 5 second root, a sprint, a shield, their CL has a slow, a DoT has a slow, despite being the "squishiest" class, through their control they are the most survivability class in the game. Every WZ I`m in has 3-4, i`ve seen 5-6. Put your dots up, spam CL = win. (having multiple of a class that is the most represented, with the most control, in the same 8v8 WZ breaks it) The PvP in this game can go to hell, I`ll sub when they fix this broken thing.

The biggest problem is resolve only effects stuns, WELL WHAT GOOD DOES THAT DO WHEN I`M ROOTED AND SLOWED 24/7?
    wow is ranged favored too. The sorcs instant CC will fill your resolve bar so you wouldnt be chain stunned by them. I play a sent and a sage... I lol when mele lets me kite them across the map as they are so focused on a ZOMG must smash face... the smart ones that LOS me live... shiny penny chasers die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ap0calypse View Post
    I swear knockbacks dont fill the resolve meter. I've been knocked about like a ragdoll in Huttball. It really isnt much fun as a melee when your force leap is on cd to slowly walk back to the target >.<
    KB increase your resolve bar but not as much as other stuns like, force choke for example. Force push and force choke almost fills the resolve bar

The thing that pisses the hell out of me with the knock backs are that my ability goes off AFTER I'm knocked back. For example, Ill charge up my sweep, pop my adreanal/relic, have a nice 6k sweep lined up and the **** will knock me back, THEN my sweep goes off. Its idiotic. Either my sweep should hit, then Im knocked back, or it shouldn't go off at all.

that i agree with, it is annoying being knocked back should cancel it completly

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal View Post
    I think the people that complain the most about the pvp here are wow pvpers who cant adjust to something different. They've played X game for however long and are use to mostly flat maps where they know what every class can do.

SWTOR has a twists that they have not been able to adjust to and therefor its bad. If you are mele and you get kitted its because you are not playing your char right; its the player not the game.[COLOR="red"]

[
    Which is a shame because its actually alot of fun. I didn't pvp very much in Warcraft and I suppose that's why I'm better able to adapt to lots of whats going down in SWTOR. Mind you people complain about pvp in warcraft all the time to, so I'm not surprised they would complain about it in SWTOR. Actually that's a good sign I think, it means pvp is popular.

On topic though as some have mentioned already the key to dealing with knock backs is awareness. You'll notice on the platforms just above the acid pits their are several large cargo containers. A wise melee will position himself with his back facing those cargo containers as to prevent knock backs. I believe the sand bags in the will do much the same. A wise melee will also try and avoid having his back face any sort of edge, rather you want to try and control the battle so that you have alot of space behind you and you don't get knocked off.