Thread: Which GPU?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    GTX 260 was enough for my Core i7 (proper old school one) to play cpu-dependant WoW at Ultra across the board. It struggled a bit in places with SWTOR, but was still perfectly acceptable, but I'd already ordered the 560Ti by then (ordered when I got in to the Early Access). As a rule, I don't pay more than UK£150 for a graphics card immediately after the latest and greatest comes out. That usually gets me a decent card that lasts a couple of years at a push, but the GTX260 felt like it would last a lot longer. Best buy I've made since I got my GeForce3Ti200 that overclocked to 500 spec easily.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Psh if you only play WoW and GW2 you could use a 550.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artravus View Post
    Psh if you only play WoW and GW2 you could use a 550.
    550 isn't a real true gaming GPU.... I would not suggest anyone who is a gamer buy the 550. The 460 would be a better purchase...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

a 550 ti would be quite fine for just wow and lightly graphical games 192bit is older but above that of more commonly seen HD playback cards. 560 would be better still and so would a 460 imo. The 560 ti and so on are all really over kill for wow. Assuming your cpu is not a bottle neck then your looking at just the right comfort zone w/ a 560 non ti. Price wise a 6870 would likely pull ahead for dollar value on such graphically miniscule games. GW2 could still require a bit more at the end product but going with atleast the current recommended will be fine in the end. The beginning stages of game development is where developers will put in the graphic ceiling and system spec requirements. Keep in mind going overboard has no consequences other than the impending doom of your pocket book.