Deleted

My guild lock has asked for some help.

O.k guys,basically my guild lock has asked me if there is anyway he can improve his dps and tbh ive even thought that he could pull alot more.but as i know absolutly nothing about locks/best spec/rotation,i said i would come here and ask some pro's and get a little feed back for him.

the logs im gonna link u are not ideal cos we have none on ultraxion (which is are next progress boss) althought there is a couple of wipes there its not accurate enough as we only just started on him and never went passed the 2 min part on a gd attempt.so im asking if u could check his rotation and his spec/reforges and just be as informative as u can on what he can do to pull more.

armoury. as i cant link u'll have to look up.
    Name: Cigge
    Realm: Kazzak

Logs,and still can link soz but best i can do.just add http part.
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-496ms6kr9lhvuzd8/sum/damageDone/?s=33&e=433

would like to say thks in advance.

If your guild warlock was actually wanting to fix his dps why would he ask you when youve never rolled a warlock? In addition, how helpful can we be when he is too lazy to actually read and post on here to figure if/where he is making mistakes. I don't know if he asked you to hold his hand or if you are going behind his back, but its a little ridiculous to expect us to help with his dps when we have to speak through a third party who admittedly knows nothing about warlocks.

Curse of the Elements 15 395.3 98.6 %
    Corruption 36 394.6 98.4 %
    Burning Embers 236 393.7 98.2 %
    Bane of Doom 12 376.8 94.0 %
    Immolate 30 367.5 91.7 %
    Improved Soul Fire 9 163.2 40.7 %

1st those should be closer to 100% especially Immolate and Imp Soul Fire!

Dark Intent 24 234.4 58.5 %
    Dark Intent 1 168.7 42.1 %

These two should be much closer to 100 %.

Summary:
    He is under hit cap - should be 1742 - he's at 1724.
    The fight lasted 6:45 secs - doomguard can be cast twice in that time.
    Did not pot once - should be potting before a few second before the pull and during hero.
    Bad uptime on some of the most important spells.
    Did not cast Shadowflame at all - this fight allows you to be within range.
    Not casting Soul Burn - Soul Fire often enough - this provides 10% spell power. I cast this spell twice as often as he does.

I hope that helps. I'm sure there is more that can be improved.

Deleted
    Ahh ur an absolute star..thks soo much just the kinda stuff i wanted to hear and direct him too.thks for taking the time and having a look and ill be linking this to him.
    and Jayra..yeah i kind know that this is strange coming from some1 who has no clue about locks, but im neither a officer or gm and as i frequiently look at forums and have more time than himself i said there was no problem me posting and hoping for the best.soz if i offended u.

but anyways thks again Tankerbellx for ur input. damn near pefect from what i wanted to hear.

thks in advance if any1 does care to add any more advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy Dogger View Post
    Ahh ur an absolute star..thks soo much just the kinda stuff i wanted to hear and direct him too.thks for taking the time and having a look and ill be linking this to him.
    and Jayra..yeah i kind know that this is strange coming from some1 who has no clue about locks, but im neither a officer or gm and as i frequiently look at forums and have more time than himself i said there was no problem me posting and hoping for the best.soz if i offended u.

but anyways thks again Tankerbellx for ur input. damn near pefect from what i wanted to hear.

thks in advance if any1 does care to add any more advice.
    You didn't offend me and I apologize if I came across as cold. I just see too often in this game, and with life in general that people look to others to fix their problems. Be pro-active and read up on your class and try to apply any new ideas to your own play. If someone is still stuck, then post on here or talk with other locks about ways to get better. Simply asking someone else who doesn't even play a lock does nothing other than make you do extra work because he doesnt want to.

100% is "impossible" with human reaction time, latency and so on and so forth, you just wont have 100%

Anything above 95% is ok, 97%-99% is around the max considering latency etc.

This ofcourse all changes depending on fight, some you will naturally have lower due to movement, add switching etc, so take it with a grain of salt.

But yes, he has to get a better target for dark intent, it's a HUGE buff for his damage, needs -slightly- better uptime on dots, but honestly they were "fine"
    Imp Soulfire needs better uptime tho and Shadowflame NEEDS to be cast more, it's absolutely awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayra View Post
    You didn't offend me and I apologize if I came across as cold. I just see too often in this game, and with life in general that people look to others to fix their problems. Be pro-active and read up on your class and try to apply any new ideas to your own play. If someone is still stuck, then post on here or talk with other locks about ways to get better. Simply asking someone else who doesn't even play a lock does nothing other than make you do extra work because he doesnt want to.
    in short, you're doing his dirty work and i kinda agree with jayra ^^